• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Breath of the Wild 2 cancelled
Bayonetta 3 cancelled
giphy.gif

ExpandKong

Banned

Eevee86

I'll take your word for that. I've only played the GBA Golden Sun, and it didn't make a huge impression on me. In your mind how would Felix play? Would he be similar to a Fire Emblem character?
Golden Sun combat is more about elemental abilities, Djinni abilities, and summons than swinging weapons around. Though they even make that different since most weapons have special abilities.

Last edited:

StormCell

I think it's good to see such a wide range of review scores, though. If you like musou, then AoC is another great installment. If you like BotW, the musou gameplay could put a damper on your fun. I don't really care for musou, but I can still get into the fun. I know I will end up buying this at full price, but deep down I wish I could wait and pick it up for $20.

Speaking of $20, still not seeing Tropical Freeze on sale anywhere. What is the deal with this one particular game??? Can I just mail my disc in to Nintendo and get the cartridge?

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
AC Update is out.

Also Nintendo has released usage guidelines for businesses and organizations. Notably they ask they have a no politics policy. I made a thread about it here:

Eevee86

AC Update is out.

Also Nintendo has released usage guidelines for businesses and organizations. Notably they ask they have a no politics policy. I made a thread about it here:

Good.

how do you do it I haven’t read anything yet
You have to download a separate application from the eshop. It’s a process.

Edit: It's made extra-cumbersome due to the limitation of only being able to have one game running while online. You have to juggle logins when you're migrating the island on the same Nintendo ID.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I played against Mim Mim for the first time the other day. What an annoying opponent. Don't have the fighters pass this season and won't buy it either. Steve is alright I guess but still no notable characters this fighter's pass

But with Mim Mim she can stay in the middle of the stage and just punch her extendo arms all match long. I only played one match versus her, but it was tough from the very start. I'm surprised the team put the stamp on this character, those arms are damn long. At least half the stage most stages

I played against Mim Mim for the first time the other day. What an annoying opponent. Don't have the fighters pass this season and won't buy it either. Steve is alright I guess but still no notable characters this fighter's pass

But with Mim Mim she can stay in the middle of the stage and just punch her extendo arms all match long. I only played one match versus her, but it was tough from the very start. I'm surprised the team put the stamp on this character, those arms are damn long. At least half the stage most stages

I've absolutely annihilated every Min Min I've faced, but I think that's due to ZSS moveset. The stretch attack leaves her vulnerable to get countered if you can move in an arc.

Steve, on the other hand, is a fucking bitch to play against. I find myself moving right into his attacks more often than not.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I've absolutely annihilated every Min Min I've faced, but I think that's due to ZSS moveset. The stretch attack leaves her vulnerable to get countered if you can move in an arc.

Steve, on the other hand, is a fucking bitch to play against. I find myself moving right into his attacks more often than not.
The person I was playing against is pretty damn competitive, the type who would compete in tournaments if they were close by and he was just toying with me staying in the middle. I've only played a match versus her, but I had no answer. I can't remember who I chose to fight as but I wanna say Young Link or Roy

The person I was playing against is pretty damn competitive, the type who would compete in tournaments if they were close by and he was just toying with me staying in the middle. I've only played a match versus her, but I had no answer. I can't remember who I chose to fight as but I wanna say Young Link or Roy

Yeah you're fucked with either against Min Min lol you need a dude that can reach her by the air and then pound that ass up close. If you can't get close, you're boned.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yeah you're fucked with either against Min Min lol you need a dude that can reach her by the air and then pound that ass up close. If you can't get close, you're boned.
Pretty much dude. I had no chance given that he chose his character as (?) Random that entire session. I wonder who is up next to be entering the fight? If I had to guess, they're really trying to branch out and bolster certain franchises so probably a character that nobody could predict with ease...

For someone who played quite a bit of Splatoon on Wii U is it worthwhile to pickup Splatoon 2 for the new content or would it better to get Mario Aces?

FYI - I didn't enjoy Splatoon's single player campaign that much even though I tolerated it enough to beat it. Multiplayer was a lot of fun, but not sure if the game has evolved much in the sequel.

Splatoon 2 is fantastic, but I didn't play the original for more than like 5 minutes so I really can't comment on how they compare. I don't like multiplayer games and even then I had an absolute BLAST with it.

Finally bought a USB to Ethernet adapter, hope my internet gets better as the Switch has some really shitty wifi.

I want to play some Rocket League and possible will buy Splatoon, so I hope it makes things better.

And Doom being cancelled, I think the acquisition of MS plus probably some compromises that would be needed just made this happen. They'll just allocate the resources somewhere else.

Astral Dog

With next-gen here, I wonder what happens to the Switch in regards to ports. Are we headed back to the Wii U days?
Lol no, as long as Switch keeps getting updated and selling well companies won't run out of games to port, but if you expect all the latest AAA games to arrive to Switch(2) you might get dissapointed.

At least Switch 2 should be more powerful than base PS4 though. 🤞 Nintendo should focus on Switch until the tech is mature enough (and at a decent price)

HuskerfanChuck

Neo Member

So I've done a little digging... and this is a bit of an odd situation... Best Buy and Amazon have pulled the listings; Target and Walmart still have both physical and digital up; Gamestop was contacting some people saying the game has been cancelled, but didn't contact others, and they still have their listing online up. RMC, with GoNintendo, seems to know someone actually working on the project, and they indicated that Doom Eternal will still release as planned. Guess we'll see how it plays out.

HuskerfanChuck

Neo Member
So I've done a little digging... and this is a bit of an odd situation... Best Buy and Amazon have pulled the listings; Target and Walmart still have both physical and digital up; Gamestop was contacting some people saying the game has been cancelled, but didn't contact others, and they still have their listing online up. RMC, with GoNintendo, seems to know someone actually working on the project, and they indicated that Doom Eternal will still release as planned. Guess we'll see how it plays out.
Digital only release now, apparently. Doom Eternal on Switch Digital Only

Top Bottom