• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Loading Slow For Anyone Else?

Is it just me?

• Yes

Votes: 132 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Currently under investigation with tech. Had a lot of activity increase (pre TGA), and uptick in engagement. The obvious remedial tasks are having various degrees of success but it's actively being looked at :)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The site is borderline unusable now for me and this feels like it’s been going on for a week.

What is going on ?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Didn’t want to make a new thread, but I wanted to see if GAF has been slow for anyone else, or if it’s maybe my internet? I’m on mobile btw.

Papa_Wisdom

Didn’t want to make a new thread, but I wanted to see if GAF has been slow for anyone else, or if it’s maybe my internet? I’m on mobile btw.
Yeah I’m on mobile and sometimes I have to close safari and reboot it multiple times. Might be also due to the shit WiFi I am currently using as well tho.

Metnut

It’s been slow for me lately too. Was slow when this thread first was made, got better for a while, and has gotten worse recently.

Jose92

[Membe
Well there are nearly 8k guests and users visiting the site right now, that's a lot more than usual. usually it is around 2k to 3k.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Performance has been pretty hit or miss for a few months. I'm hoping that activity has grown beyond the sizing of the current infrastructure and along with more ad revenue which would lead to more users and more resources being thrown at the problem.

*fingers crossed*

There are 7400 people visiting the site right now. What's most surprising though is that there are only 436 members online. The members/visitors ratio is 1:16 (!).
I've been seeing the 7-8k visitor numbers for at least a few weeks now. Wonder if they'll decide to sign up since like you've pointed out the ratio is too lopsided (imo at least). :p

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Performance has been pretty hit or miss for a few months. I'm hoping that activity has grown beyond the sizing of the current infrastructure and along with more ad revenue which would lead to more users and more resources being thrown at the problem.

*fingers crossed*

Say what you will about "the other site", but their board is blazing fast.

Draugoth

Gold Member
There are 7400 people visiting the site right now. What's most surprising though is that there are only 436 members online. The members/visitors ratio is 1:16 (!).

It must be those Dragon's Dogma 2 rumors

image.png

Pejo

Say what you will about "the other site", but their board is blazing fast.
I think GAF post reactions have done a great job of curtailing reaction posts and useless shit like "This! SO MUCH THIS!" or "MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD" or "MY BROTHER IN CHRIST, (terrible opinion)" I prefer the more readable format than that type of stuff.

Anyways, the site has been 404'ing for me a few times over the past few weeks, and reaction loading has been slow sometimes, and a handful of times I just have to wait and come back to be able to load a page or make a post. I just figured either there's some kind of maintenance going on or some other fuckery with looneys trying to DDoS or something.

Top Bottom