• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell prefers Xbox Series X to PS5

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
And? Now he can only like MS products? Come on now. The only sane response to this article is "ok, cool".
Obviously not, but he still have there some colleges (hope this is not word for schools) and that might sway him. Obviously this whole thing changes nothing : )

Entroyp

When can we expect a demo of the source engine running on the XsX and looking sweet as hell?

Edit: Valve develops the source engine right?

Last edited:

M1chl

25+ Years ago. Plus he's been less than enthusiastic about MS before. The notion that 'former employee= therefore must be loyal to old company' is a kind of hilarious assumption. I mean jeez are you overly enthusiastic for places you used to work 10+ years on?
Like I've said he can have there some of his buddies, also this changes obviously nothing, what he prefers or not.

Entroyp

Is there something more than a personal preference going on for us gamers? Some collaboration maybe? Working together to make Xbox more appealing? HL Alyx on consoles?

VAL0R

Banned
Head of company that does not make games prefers platform that does not offer games.
065.gif

See you on Sony stage soon Gabe.
And half-life Alyx confirmed for PSVR :p

I remember he was not only preferred 360 over ps3, he really hated the latter.
but in the end on the sony stage, he was presenting in person the best console version of Portal 2

Last edited:

Holammer

While PS5 will get some sweet first party games that almost start to rival Nintendo. I think the Series X will be the premiere multi-plat system like PS4 was for the longest time.
I also have questions if the PS5's internal design, is it over-designed to the point where form trumped function? While the S-X is simplified to ridiculous levels with a off the shelf 130mm fan and thicc heat sink.

kuncol02

Banned
Gabe literally made his fortune from MS stocks as an employee, and that money was used to make Valve and Steam.
However, rest assured that he is ready to get backstabbed at any time. He knows how MS operates from the inside.
That's why SteamOS and Proton were created.

When did Gabe turn into the Dude?
This year on his forced vacation when he was stuck on his yacht in New Zeland. Before that he looked like Santa. He lost lot of weight lately.

But one did not receive 250m paycheck.
But he can have another business to do. SteamVR on XBox? Crossbuy between Steam and XBox? Lots of possibilities.

M1chl

That's why SteamOS and Proton were created.

This year on his forced vacation when he was stuck on his yacht in New Zeland. Before that he looked like Santa. He lost lot of weight lately.

But he can have another business to do. SteamVR on XBox? Crossbuy between Steam and XBox? Lots of possibilities.
Sure, but we see.

How DARE he dismiss the greatest console in the universe! Half Life is shit, Steam is shit, Portal is the worst game EVER, Gabe is a fat bastard, etc, etc, etc, etc......
He doesn't even dismiss ps5.
On the other hand, He really dismissed ps3 and then he gave the best version of their best looking game of the time, for ps3.

I love Gabe and his plot twists.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
I love all the console war conspiracy absolute nutters on this forum. This can't be the man's honest and frank opinion. HE"S BOUGHT! HE USED TO WORK THERE! MICROSOFT GAMES WILL BE ON STEAM! HIS COUSIN'S LOVER'S SISTER WAS AN INTERN AT MICROSOFT! HE HAS MILLIONS IN MS STONKS!

Relaaax. He believes the XSX is more powerful than the PS5. Breathe. Consider the possibility that he simply answered a question with his honest opinion. This is not a wildly bizarre opinion. It's a commonly held one. Breathe again. In general, don't assume someone is lying unless you have good reason to think so. It's uncharitable and judgemental. Be at peace with it. It's OK. Gabe will be OK. You will be OK. We will all still be OK, even if he likes XSX more than PS5. OK? Remember Halo Infinite's graphics were bad. Picture the monkey memes in your mind. Feel better now? Good.

giphy.gif

sono

Gabe preferred not to release HL3 too.

My friend prefers Tea to Coffee

Which is right ?

opinions: that is how they work ?

fermcr

Not surprising.

Microsoft games on Steam
Sony games on Epic Store.

Ind the end, pc master race wins. Even though Sonys games are behind the worst store.

Don't lie... Horizon Zero Dawn is getting released on Steam and Epic Store at the same time.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I love all the console war conspiracy absolute nutters on this forum. This can't be the man's honest and frank opinion. HE"S BOUGHT! HE USED TO WORK THERE! MICROSOFT GAMES WILL BE ON STEAM! HIS COUSIN'S LOVER'S SISTER WAS AN INTERN AT MICROSOFT! HE HAS MILLIONS IN MS STONKS!

Relaaax. He believes the XSX is more powerful than the PS5. Breathe. Consider the possibility that he simply answered a question with his honest opinion. This is not a wildly bizarre opinion. It's a commonly held one. Breathe again. In general, don't assume someone is lying unless you have good reason to think so. It's uncharitable and judgemental. Be at peace with it. It's OK. Gabe will be OK. You will be OK. We will all still be OK, even if he likes XSX more than PS5. OK? Remember Halo Infinite's graphics were bad. Picture the monkey memes in your mind. Feel better now? Good.

giphy.gif
As they say everyone has a price. Also everyone has an agenda. Those will serve you well at work.
acgAYwb.gif

Gabe preferred not to release HL3 too.

My friend prefers Tea to Coffee

Which is right ?

opinions: that is how they work ?
No one in Valve wanted to make HL3, because it was too much responsibility. Alyx was not even the VR team's first choice, they wanted to make a Portal VR game. But once people get sick it was their 2nd choice.

Normally, game studios make sequels because their bosses forced them to. In this case Gaben didn't force anyone to make it because he know it leads to a bad product. Alyx became what it is organically.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Don't lie... Horizon Zero Dawn is getting released on Steam and Epic Store at the same time.

Oh yeah forgot about that. But Detroied Human and the other games are only on Epic.

And horizon is alot cheaper on Epic than steam. At least in some countries.

fermcr

Oh yeah forgot about that. But Detroied Human and the other games are only on Epic.

And horizon is alot cheaper on Epic than steam. At least in some countries.

Sony has nothing to do with the PC versions of Detroit/HeavyRain/Beyond. Quantic Dream are the PC publishers of those games... they made a temporary exclusive deal with Epic.

Top Bottom