• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future ‘A Star Wars Story’ Spinoffs on Hold at Lucasfilm

Doom85

I really want a Ryan trilogy, just separate it away from the old lineage of Star Wars. I hope his is in a Galaxy further away where he can create something new and different.

They've said it will be in a totally different timeline than all the previous films so I don't think it has to take place insanely far away without feeling totally fresh. The trilogy could feature all new planets and maybe we get one or two established planets but we see them looking quite different due to the different time period.

I'm hoping for a more alien-heavy cast. It was cool in Rebels how the crew had three humans (one who was a Mandalorian) and two aliens since all the movies have never gone beyond having one alien character among the main cast (Chewie, and the abomination in Episode 1 whose name we don't speak). It's a massive galaxy with countless species, let's see some hop into the spotlight already.

PkunkFury

They've said it will be in a totally different timeline than all the previous films so I don't think it has to take place insanely far away without feeling totally fresh. The trilogy could feature all new planets and maybe we get one or two established planets but we see them looking quite different due to the different time period.

I'm hoping for a more alien-heavy cast. It was cool in Rebels how the crew had three humans (one who was a Mandalorian) and two aliens since all the movies have never gone beyond having one alien character among the main cast (Chewie, and the abomination in Episode 1 whose name we don't speak). It's a massive galaxy with countless species, let's see some hop into the spotlight already.

totally agree. TLJ added two new characters on top of the already too many characters it inherited from TFA. Would have been nice to make one of them an alien. As it stands we only get Maz, and she's not really a part of the story. The aliens were always my favorite part of Star Wars

Top Bottom