• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Star Wars Outlaws Arrives Late 2024

Star Wars Outlaws, the highly anticipated open world game from Ubisoft, will be released in late 2024

Though Ubisoft and Star Wars owner Disney had previously remained tight lipped about the release date, a Disney Parks blog post quietly announced the release window, which was previously only confirmed to be sometime in 2024.

"Star Wars Outlaws, the open world Star Wars game, is set to release late this year," the post said. "The game lets you explore distinct planets across the galaxy, both iconic and new. You can risk it all as Kay Vess, an emerging scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life, along with her companion Nix. If you’re willing to take the risk, the galaxy is full of opportunity."
Star Wars Outlaws was revealed at the 2023 Xbox Games Showcase with a gameplay presentation coming soon after, and fans quickly grew obsessed with the cute axolotl-like Nix.

The game is set between Star Wars: Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi, something developer Massive Entertainment said was due to the criminal underworld thriving at this time.

The developer also confirmed Star Wars Outlaws takes a more "handcrafted" and "manageable" approach to the open-world formula, with one planet being roughly the same size as two or three regions in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Looking very solid. Excited for this one and I am not a Star Wars fan. This kooks far more interesting that the recent Jedi games.

Outlaws and AC Red will be the big games of this year for Ubisoft.

ungalo

I don't want to play it myself but i hope it puts them back on track. I'm surprised there seems to be a lot of positivity around a Ubisoft game for once.

Honestly if they can match the Division's atmosphere and design with the Star Wars license this game could be special. Have they announced multiplayer? Coop was integral to my enjoyment of the Division.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
2025 release then. If it's Late 2024 then that's probably October or later. This is probably a good thing given how congested Early 2024 is with good games.

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Set between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi;
  • Seamless transition between on foot, in your speeder and in your ship, as well as easily jumping between planets;
  • Jabba the Hutt is confirmed as a quest giver;
  • Dense cities full of activity;
  • Vast and stunning open environments;
  • Space exploration on Kay's ship, the Trailblazer;
  • Get in your ship and fly into space without loading screens;
  • Features original areas and famous Star Wars locations such as Tatooine, Avika and Kimiji;
  • Exploring beyond the beaten path will be rewarding;
  • Faction system; Carry out missions with various syndicates to increase your reputation with them. This affects the jobs they offer and their impact on the story;
  • The combat seems inspired by The Division. Kay has no Jedi powers, so she relies on her friends - an adorable alien companion named Nix and a commando droid named ND-5;
  • The protagonist Kay can steal from other characters, interact with underworld criminals or deceive people;
  • The game's story revolves around Kay trying to pull off one of the biggest robberies ever done in the galaxy.

setoman

I can bet my entire year salary...this wont happen.

Last edited:
Honestly, Frontiers of Pandora, while looking great(especially the vegetation quality and variety), was downgraded even when compared to the initial real time reveal trailer they made. But, even looking great didn't stop it from playing like your average Ubisoft collect-athon and having large, lush, but ultimately empty environments with nothing, but the occasional enemy outpost and collectable here and there. It was a showcase, for the vegetation, but that's where the cool stuff end.

Snowdrop has proven itself to be a formidable in house developed piece of rendering technology and Massive knocked it out the park with it!!! I'll be keeping an eye on outlaws, it looks really cool and I truly crave a great star wars game, especially after one great Jedi game(which left a pleasant taste in my mouth) and one mid one(which left a sour one). Will, they manage to release a well built, well put together, cohesive star wars experience? Or will they make another average collect-athon, that seemingly stretches forever with the repetitive content and never ends? Let's wait and see in which direction this one really takes us.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
This would bundle nicely with a PS5 Pro. Might be the only thing to convince me to jump back in early rather than waiting for Death Stranding 2 and/or GTAVI.

That said, ima keep my hopes in check for now. Feel like this, AC: Red & Ghost Recon are Ubi's last chance to really hook me back in. If they're set on continuing down the same-old, same-old path without some major changes in multiple areas then I just can't see them coming back from it. For me at least..

Last edited:
Top Bottom