• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FuRyu announces Caligula (school RPG) from Persona 1/2 writer

Is this being developed by the Lost Dimension folks? Day one, if so. That was one underrated gem.

Also P2 story > rest of Persona series storylines put together. When Satomi knocks it out of the park, he's excellent, hope he's in good form with this.

Is this being developed by the Lost Dimension folks? Day one, if so. That was one underrated gem.

Also P2 story > rest of Persona series storylines put together.

It's being done by the SAO Hollow Fragment folks. From what the gameplay description sounds, this sounds like a standard JRPG except with the combat feeling action like while being turn based. Sounds great, can't wait to see gameplay videos.

xzeldax3

This looks pretty interesting. With the great track record of localized Vita games, I am hoping this game is brought over!

It's being done by the SAO Hollow Fragment folks. From what the gameplay description sounds, this sounds like a standard JRPG except with the combat feeling action like while being turn based. Sounds great, can't wait to see gameplay videos.

Sounds like a hybrid system. Keeping my eyes on this one. :D

"μ
's
", you say?

latest

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Vocaloids, seemingly subversive plot... this sounds actually quite interesting. I'd be waiting to hear a bit more about the gameplay, based on what I've heard of other FuRyu titles.

Thread title made me very interested, the first 2 Persona games were my favorites. This on the other hand...

Caligula will launch for PS Vita

Pre-orders include a swimsuit costume product code

Yeah I think I might have graduated out of the audience for these games.

But this looks cool!

junkboy-mock.png

It is completely unrelated to anything in this thread beyond "Persona 1/2," just a teaser from an unrelated indie dev that may or may not turn into anything. Persona 1 and 2 just made me think about it.

randomkid

But this looks cool!

junkboy-mock.png

It is completely unrelated to anything in this thread beyond "Persona 1/2," just a teaser from an unrelated indie dev that may or may not turn into anything. Persona 1 and 2 just made me think about it.

I would buy this game so hard but yeah I'm doubtful it'll end up turning into anything real. Brandon needs to finish making his awesome Outrun clone and his multiplayer sports game first.

salromano

Thread title made me very interested, the first 2 Persona games were my favorites. This on the other hand...

Yeah I think I might have graduated out of the audience for these games.

But this looks cool!

junkboy-mock.png

If anyone cares, this is from Necrosoft Games, developer of Oh, Deer! Alpha and Gunsport, the latter of which is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The Gunsport team is the one working on whatever this is, it's "completely different" from whatever else they're working on, and as of August last year, in its "very early days." Someone "REAL COOL" is doing the music. This is the blog post about it: https://necrosoftgames.com/blog/a-new-thing-with-junkboy/

Shhwonk

Neo Member
SMT games are so good at creating such epic and absurd setups. This whole Mobius thing sounds pretty cool.

Theosmeo

Ooooooh this looks pretty cool, seems a bit waifuy but if that's the only way it'll sell...

I'll pick it up if it gets localized and I have a system to play it on.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You know Atlus made it with Persona, when you start seeing Persona clones.

P5 is gonna be huge.

18-Volt

Can't wait for it to be considered a bomba on MediaCreate threads because it's not on nintendo systems.

It would be a bomba too if it was on Nintendo systems. Being bomba in Japan doesn't depend on the platform the game is on.

This looks really good, makes me wonder if it has a shot at localization.

This is definitely up in Atlus's alley, I can't imagine them missing a title of this caliber. That being said, I still can't trust Atlus. They have skipped some very important titles on PSP, including Dept. Heaven series and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment remake.

Tohsaka

It would be a bomba too if it was on Nintendo systems. Being bomba in Japan doesn't depend on the platform the game is on.

This is definitely up in Atlus's alley, I can't imagine them missing a title of this caliber. That being said, I still can't trust Atlus. They have skipped some very important titles on PSP, including Dept. Heaven series and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment remake.

Well this is a FuRyu game and they localized their last two RPGs, so I'd say this one has a pretty decent shot.

Shizuka

Atlus USA last Vita exclusive third-party title was Dungeon Travelers 2. If that didn't perform accordingly, they may not bring the first DT and other Vita titles like this one.

18-Volt

Atlus USA last Vita exclusive third-party title was Dungeon Travelers 2. If that didn't perform accordingly, they may not bring the first DT and other Vita titles like this one.

Well, it's not 2011 anymore, where they had lots of alternative options for localizations if they decided to skip one. This year, they don't have many candidates for localization other than their own titles, so it's normal to expect them to pick up at least one Vita game. I think they would go for Caligula over Dungeon Travelers 1.

Top Bottom