• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From 295 to 170. 43% to 7.6% bodyfat. Flabs to abs.

turmoil

Banned
I don't understand how fasting works, say, what's the difference between eating the same amount of calories along the day against a short period of time?

Also congrats OP, super motivational.

Wilsongt

OP...

b4fd0bc9de11128d54ca02af8c8aaccb.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't understand how fasting works, say, what's the difference between eating the same amount of calories along the day against a short period of time?

IF is legit. 2 years in and I look like I could walk on stage.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Congrats, dude! Excellent progress. Gives the rest of us motivation.

Speaking of which, today I have to renew my gym membership. UGH.

Exuro

So is this just eating 2 meals within 8 hours of each other everyday?

I've unintentionally been(mostly) doing this since I started my new job as it made things easier. 1 meal at 11:30ish and another at 6 and thats that. Weekends are a different story though. I'll have to work on limiting those days as well.

It maximizes the amount of time your body has to consume the fat you have in stored instead of taking it from the food you constantly give it.

Just to note for others, IF isn't magic... it's just another option that might make sticking to your diet easier for some. You can still easily overeat, you just need to do it faster!

I've been doing it, uhh... five years now and to be honest, I had results just as good with standard calorie restriction. I just find IF a TON easier as I used to snack continuously.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So is this just eating 2 meals within 8 hours of each other everyday?

I've unintentionally been(mostly) doing this since I started my new job as it made things easier. 1 meal at 11:30ish and another at 6 and thats that. Weekends are a different story though. I'll have to work on limiting those days as well.
I typically do one meal a day, no rules, no restrictions. I have definition in my leg muscles which puts me well under 10% bodyfat.

RuGalz

Amazing work! I just started IF 1.5 months ago and already lost 5% BF (from 25 to 20). I was surprised how fast it happened. Originally I was only planning to reach around 15%. But I don't plan to stop IF at all so we will see what happens. It's been great for seasonal allergy relief personally.

turmoil

Banned
It maximizes the amount of time your body has to consume the fat you have in stored instead of taking it from the food you constantly give it.

Sounds logical, by the definition in this thread, I've been doing IF for some months(I have to fast 2 hours after taking a med, so I just skip breakfast)

I've lost weight but also changed my diet considerably so I don't know what of it can be attributed to IF.

TheBear

Congratulations my friend. I too am finally on the journey for abs. And now that I am single I finally feel like I have the drive to do it. Your post has inspired me even more

overcast

Goddamn good job man. Look great... low key did you get hair transplants? Your hair looks much thicker in the second picture 🤔

cyber_ninja

Congrats, you did an amazing job. Quick question, what food did you eat? I'm trying to get in shape and looking for a diet that would fit me the most.

low-G

I did that before (360 to 200 in 13 months), maintained for several years, then I slacked hard time. Having a kid did it to me. Still way way more fit than I ever was before.

But I do know it can be done again should I get in the right state of mind.

I could only dream of doing something like this. I have no direction when I go to the gym, or with food choices. I really want to try IF though.

Zips

Holy crap! That's amazing.

What exercises do you do for the two days a week? I would love a routine that can get such results with just two days a week. Would work a lot better with my schedule too.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Very impressive, great job dude! Your story is quite inspirational, and I totally agree that fitness is something where hard work pays off.

Really working on it myself now. Although I'd love to know your workout routine. I've been doing 4-5 miles elliptical and alternating weights for 4-5 days a weak. Down some weight over the last month since I started getting serious, but a long way to go.

I refuse to do CrossFit stuff though, I care about my joints too much. I want to start getting into Yoga and I enjoy body weight excercise alot though.

You really put in the work. Congratulations. I was doing pretty good myself in the first part of the year, but it's fallen off completely since then. I do plan on going back consistently this week though.

Congrats my man, keep it up!
I'm 6 feet tall and I too was in the very very low body fat %¨a few years ago... was weighing 162 pounds at my prime.
I'm at 190 now, after not working for 6 months a couple years ago, which is a little overweight but honestly I look good so I don't work out. I've been trying to lose weight by controlling my diet and re-educating my habits.

But seeing stories like that does inspire me that I can get back to my prime!

Goddamn good job man. Look great... low key did you get hair transplants? Your hair looks much thicker in the second picture ��

I guess I'm a lot healthier now so my hair doesn't fall out as much. Plus it's mostly the new haircut. I used to have long hair which I wore in a pony tail, which also breaks your hair a lot.

Congrats, you did an amazing job. Quick question, what food did you eat? I'm trying to get in shape and looking for a diet that would fit me the most.

I'm not really picky about food so I basically ate whatever was the easiest source of protein. Mostly tuna, protein bars, whey, and chicken breast. No special recipes, I hate cooking.

Holy crap! That's amazing.

What exercises do you do for the two days a week? I would love a routine that can get such results with just two days a week. Would work a lot better with my schedule too.

I spend almost 3 hours in the gym. I basically do a full upper body workout on Mondays and Thursdays. Sometime on Saturdays I do some leg work, maybe once every few months. All reverse pyramid training starting with the heaviest weight and going down:

All sets of 8-10-12

Incline Chest Machine
Chest Flies Machine
Weighted Dips
Pull Ups
Lat Pulldown
Dumbell Shoulder Press
Lateral Shoulder Raises
Preacher Curl Barbell
Dumbell Curls
Cable Triceps

Walk 15 to the gym, 15 min back.
That's it.

Whats your current routine now man, I know you gave us a bit of it in the OP but I'd like to know the fully fleshed out routine. Insane results btw!

See above ^

How much are you eating now? I am the same age, height but started off very skinny so need to eat 3k calories a day and around 150g of protein.

For the last to months, to get to 170 I dropped my calories to 1500 on rest days and 2200 on workout days.

Amazing transformation! I've also lost about 80-85 pounds of fat over the past couple of years (from 310 to ~240, but I put on at least 10-15 pounds of muscle in that time, so a net loss of 80+ pounds of actual fat), but I still have a ways to go to approach your results there.

You said you were sticking to 1800 calories/day on MFP basically the entire time? Even when you were in the 270-295 pound range? Man, that's tough. I stick to 2050 calories (even on gym days), and it is simply NOT a lot of food for a guy my size (6'1'/240 lbs). It's difficult some days - I can't even imagine cutting 250 MORE calories on top of that lol.

1800 Was basically what I started at and maintained for 90% of the weight loss process. If you wanna eat something enjoyable like sweets or pizza it's not enough, but when your prioritizing lean protein a lot of the time I'd end up with less than 1800.

TaterTots

Banned
Damn. Congrats man. I use to weight 450 lbs and got down to 237 lbs, but I'm nowhere near that condition. Need to take some notes.

Looking good man

I appreciate what you said about it being the easiest hard thing, but on the other hand I REALLY want eat a shitload of nutter butters

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You realize this doesn't make sense, right?
I have no doubt IF works for people, but I am pretty sure that is because it helps people maintain a calorie deficit more than anything else.

Top Bottom