• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four Years Since Its Announcement, Rare Continues To Hire For Everwild

Ozriel

M$FT
Well, didn't they say they didn't even know what kind of game they wanted to make shortly after Everwild was announced?

Rare in 2020: ““Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas.”

People: “Rare doesn’t even know what kind of game Everwild is”

Much of the lurid tales about Everwild come from Jeff Grubb, who isn’t exactly known for accurately detailing the state of game development.

Claims that they started from scratch have been denied by MS, and don’t really seem credible anyway.

It’s long overdue that they show something, though. If they don’t show anything by next year’s June showcase, then it’s definitely not a great sign.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
XiI8neO.jpg
But they weren't 2-3 years away, they were 4+ years away, so not a lie.

fatmarco

Microsoft's "hands off", airy-fairy approach to their first party studios has basically been a complete disaster this generation.

I mean despite having the most developers, they can barely release games and even when they do, they're unfinished and have near universally suffered from some form of development hell.

But hey, no worries, just keep letting developers fuck around and not even commit to their game's gameplay vision or genre 2 years into development. It's not like Xbox is struggling.

Still hiring? What a dumpster fire imo. Yet another Xbox game stuck in development hell. Between this, Perfect Dark and State of Decay 3, the next gen will be here before these games ever see light of day if they don’t get canned first.

daTRUballin

It’s long overdue that they show something, though. If they don’t show anything by next year’s June showcase, then it’s definitely not a great sign.
Seriously. If they don't show anything at E3 (or Not-E3) 2024, Rare is officially dead to me. And I'm not someone that usually says overdramatic things like that.

Top Bottom