• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Bgamer90

Banned
Probably in the minority but I really like the song selection for Horizon. Blind Faith in particular is a quality tune.

I like a good number of the alt. rock songs that are in the game. Some of the electronic tracks are pretty good too imo.

Not really into the heavy-hitting electronic/dubstep though.

Haven't tried the demo yet. So this game is like TDU with proper handling and Forza's pedigree? SOLD

Less off road driving, as in you can't just aim for the hills and drive up them but it has a lot of roads and places to go. it's forza phsyics but tuned more towards a slightly more simple approach but the tire physics and stuff is all there still.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Anyone know if the MS Speed Wheel that they released with Forza 4 will work with this?

edit: Google tells me they are selling bundles of the 2, so you would hope it works.

HeliosT10

Anyone know if the MS Speed Wheel that they released with Forza 4 will work with this?

edit: Google tells me they are selling bundles of the 2, so you would hope it works.

Yeah it does and it works well (got one myself amongst other racing peripherals!)

As Helios said, yes that wheel works wonderful! It works with the demo and my times improved greatly after using it. Amazon has it for 30 and Best Buy will price match it. I'm probably going to buy Forza 4 now just because of the wheel being so fun to use.

And finally, great OT, I haven't been this excited about a racing game in a long long time.

Congrats to all involved!

burgerdog

I had no intention of picking this up, as I'm all over Need for Speed Most Wanted's dick, but I've got to admit, that demo kinda impressed me. Tempted to pick it up now.

This, so much this. I thought it was going to be a shitty game that would drag the Forza name down. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Loyalty rewards? Fuck, should've ranked up a bit higher in Forza 3 lol

Also, I still don't know where to pre order from; I've currently pre ordered from the MS store, but I really want the Virage...

I liked Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. I think Forza is better than GT (plz don't ban). It seems to have the finest image quality on consoles. The reviews are glowing.

I just might check this game out.

I've pre-ordered.

Youth culture shit is a big turnoff, but the rest looks too good to pass up.

This and GRID 2 will probably be my final racing purchases this gen: Blur, PGR4, Forza 4, and Split/Second thus far. Blur was definately my favourite.

hwy_61

Banned
I honestly didn't know the Speed Wheel was as good as some folks in this thread are saying it is. I may pick one up at best buy tomorrow.

Megasoum

Banned
lol wtf? One of the AI is named the same as a guy I work with... This is gonna be weiiiirdd hahaha..

Speaking of AI names. I think that Playground missed an BIG occasion of naming the Horizon champion (aka the "last boss" of the game) M. Rossi.... come on! You have to respect the tradition!

lol wtf? One of the AI is named the same as a guy I work with... This is gonna be weiiiirdd hahaha..

Speaking of AI names. I think that Playground missed an BIG occasion of naming the Horizon champion (aka the "last boss" of the game) M. Rossi.... come on! You have to respect the tradition!

No because I would want to murder him on the open road rather then race him.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great OT, hope this game does well. They put a lot of effort in it and the demo was great.

Shaneus

The loyalty rewards are just for what cars you start with and not what is actually available in-game, is it? As in, if I haven't hit level 40, will I never have a chance of getting the Gumpert or do I just have to save for it?

The speed wheel really is good. It also works surprisingly well with Daytona. But not with PGR4 if you want to use manual, because of the missing shoulder buttons (why, MS?!).

jcutner

Do we have any plans on the Car Club yet? If you're already in the Forza 4 GAF Car Club, I assume that means you already have an in?

DonMigs85

I have to say, this is one exceptionally clean-looking game.
Most Wanted will probably be flashier, but this game can definitely hold its own.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm level 20 in Fourza. How long would it take to hit level 30 if I leaned towards the driver bonuses all the time?

I'm hoping I can make 30 by Horizon's release.

antitrop

As a resident of Colorado, I think it's extremely cool that they used our fine state as a setting.

Colorado kicks ass and it's beautiful here. I watched some videos, it sure looks like CO.

I'm level 20 in Fourza. How long would it take to hit level 30 if I leaned towards the driver bonuses all the time?

I'm hoping I can make 30 by Horizon's release.
What I ended up doing towards the end was just going into multiplayer and making my own custom races. You can choose the car class and PI, the number of laps, positioning on the grid, number of opponents, and all kinds of stuff. The longer races also pay off far more xp and credits, with a bonus that you don't have to drive like an aggressive madman to win the campaign's short 3 lap sprints.

Changed the game entirely for me, and was the best advice I got from ForzaGAF. The only rub is the once you start a race you can't pause, as its considered a multiplayer match even if its just you and the AI.

saladine1

Noooooooo....!!!

My Xbox is freezing every 10 seconds.....

Noooooooo....!!!

Fuck, 4th box here I come..

Does anyone know what happened to G Rom?

clockpunk

I really would like to see a Top Gear DLC pack for the game - such content (car football, unusual races, and the like) would be a good thematic fit...

Mascot

I thought it was going to be a shitty game that would drag the Forza name down. I couldn't have been more wrong.
That was one of my biggest fears. I won't be buying FH immediately but I'm very relieved that it's (by all accounts) an excellent game. It also provides a far more appropriate outlet for the Top Gear-type stuff, which will hopefully mean FM5 can concentrate on motorsport and give a much more authentic race-day experience.

leng jai

Just had a go at the demo. Really liking the handling so far and the graphics are indeed nice. They do look slightly soft and I wasn't a fan of the piss filter although it could have just been the time of the day.

Great job on the OT guys (Shortt, Zorsie), I hope it will get a lot of traffic once the game is released.

Have some new photos, this set should make Shortt really happy ;)

8096350408_6f25ee1139_z.jpg

8096343863_5fc09cf22a_z.jpg

8096350382_be11a15eb3_z.jpg

8096343971_5e8a0bd9cd_z.jpg

8096350490_cffdf62d24_z.jpg

8096343933_9e479d3fe7_z.jpg

8096343951_45ef98653a_z.jpg

Shaneus

The loyalty rewards are just for what cars you start with and not what is actually available in-game, is it? As in, if I haven't hit level 40, will I never have a chance of getting the Gumpert or do I just have to save for it?

The speed wheel really is good. It also works surprisingly well with Daytona. But not with PGR4 if you want to use manual, because of the missing shoulder buttons (why, MS?!).
Guys? Anyone?

Does anyone remember how it worked with FM4? I'd assume it'd be the same.

Tankshell

Hi guys,

How large is the map in this game? Are we talking NPS:Hot Pursuit size or something smaller? I love games where you can drive for miles and miles without seeing repeated scenery... especially when it looks as good as Horizon appears to look...

Arucardo

Guys? Anyone?

Does anyone remember how it worked with FM4? I'd assume it'd be the same.

Yeah, it's just that you're given the cars at the start. You can buy them just fine if you don't have enough driver level in F3 or 4.

Man, I rarely get impatient with games but this is making me so jealous that people in the US get it a few days earlier. Mine better be here on Friday next week :D .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

GlamFM

Banned
Jeffs talks about FH for a good time on the latest Bombcast. Starts at 01:12:00. They get distracted for a while and talk about Crystal Pepsi but they get back to it.
Jeff really likes the game.

S1kkZ

Jeffs talks about FH for a good time on the latest Bombcast. Starts at 01:12:00. They get distracted for a while and talk about Crystal Pepsi but they get back to it.
Jeff really likes the game.

since just listened to the podcast: are there any halo 4 spoilers (from the leak) in there?

Those mini shots are AMAZING H3rtz!

The Lancia shots are giving off a real Sega Rally vibe which I'll be getting on with the Stratos for sure.

Can we get a couple of Big Shots?

stn

A few questions...

1. I'm still playing Forza 3, its just way too long. Can Horizon be beaten in 30 or so hours?
2. How does it work? I saw a video where the guy was driving near oncoming traffic, while doing so at 100MPH. Is it pure sim or sim-arcade or what?

Thanks!

Top Bottom