• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure - Official Announce Trailer (New Expansion - Launches Mar 29)

I think I'm finally done with Forza Horizon at least for awhile.

This expansion was very disappointing to me, on top of Forza Horizon 5 itself being disappointing. Shit progression, annoying characters, no incentive for car variety, horseshit online, and a lack of amazement all kill it for me. I regret spending $100 on the game but when it came out I was so hyped as FH3 was amazing, and I actually loved FH4 a lot due to the setting.

I'll give the expansion this though. It's fucking gorgeous, and being able to break every single tree is so much better then accidentally hitting a tree at 200mph and coming to a complete stop.

Starloard

Neo Member
Did they ever fix/ address wheel settings? I find Forza Horizon games to be lacking in wheel controls. Especially the off roasting. When compared to how good a wheel is with GT7, F1 games, Dirt etc.

drotahorror

I think I'm finally done with Forza Horizon at least for awhile.

This expansion was very disappointing to me, on top of Forza Horizon 5 itself being disappointing. Shit progression, annoying characters, no incentive for car variety, horseshit online, and a lack of amazement all kill it for me. I regret spending $100 on the game but when it came out I was so hyped as FH3 was amazing, and I actually loved FH4 a lot due to the setting.

I'll give the expansion this though. It's fucking gorgeous, and being able to break every single tree is so much better then accidentally hitting a tree at 200mph and coming to a complete stop.

You've been hit with open world racer fatigue. I thought FH3 was so good, loved the expansions, I bought the $100 or w/e edition they had at the time. I did the same with FH4, which I enjoyed but actually didn't care much for the expansions. I knew I was burnt out already but gave FH5 a go on gamepass when it came out. Naw, same old shit, such a tiring formula. I also recently played the Rally expansion as I love rally games, so awful. Just generic, by the books stuff. The co-driver stuff was absolutely useless and it just wasn't that fun. I haven't tried the Hot Wheels expansion but it did look fun.

Oddly enough, the new Lego 2K Drive game has my attention and it's another open world racer. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Lasha

You've been hit with open world racer fatigue. I thought FH3 was so good, loved the expansions, I bought the $100 or w/e edition they had at the time. I did the same with FH4, which I enjoyed but actually didn't care much for the expansions. I knew I was burnt out already but gave FH5 a go on gamepass when it came out. Naw, same old shit, such a tiring formula. I also recently played the Rally expansion as I love rally games, so awful. Just generic, by the books stuff. The co-driver stuff was absolutely useless and it just wasn't that fun. I haven't tried the Hot Wheels expansion but it did look fun.

Oddly enough, the new Lego 2K Drive game has my attention and it's another open world racer. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Did you play with the racing line off? I enjoyed the rally expansion because the courses are much easier to navigate without a racing line. I found the co-driver to be a bit too slow with tips for the speed I drive. I glanced at the sequence from time to time instead of listening.

Yeah maybe.

One thing that really bugs me is the progression. They throw shit at you left and right, and you have a supercar like minutes into the game. There is also no point in upgrading your car as the opponents just match your level to a certain extent. That and the whole barrage of what I can only call "zoomer energy" is tiring as well. Every character in the game is annoying and talks too much. Also if you look at the showcase events they are shit compared to previous games and quite a few are literally just worse versions of showcases from 4.

The setting was boring for me as well. Mexico just isn't interesting and seemed like amalgamations of previous settings. I know it's been said countless times but I really do think Japan is the perfect setting for a Horizon game. Mountain roads, rural areas, cities, and big stretches of highway.

Lasha

Yeah maybe.

One thing that really bugs me is the progression. They throw shit at you left and right, and you have a supercar like minutes into the game. There is also no point in upgrading your car as the opponents just match your level to a certain extent. That and the whole barrage of what I can only call "zoomer energy" is tiring as well. Every character in the game is annoying and talks too much. Also if you look at the showcase events they are shit compared to previous games and quite a few are literally just worse versions of showcases from 4.

The setting was boring for me as well. Mexico just isn't interesting and seemed like amalgamations of previous settings. I know it's been said countless times but I really do think Japan is the perfect setting for a Horizon game. Mountain roads, rural areas, cities, and big stretches of highway.

Tuning is important for multiplayer and trying to get high scores in leaderboards. There's not much reward other than occasionally getting paid if others use your tunes. I always found the option of being able to drive what you want immediately more appealing than being forced into cars I didn't like. I did most of horizon 5 in a cheap class A car that I liked. Lower class racing is also fun since it's really technical. I only ventured into S1/S2 for accolades and stupid play.

drotahorror

Did you play with the racing line off? I enjoyed the rally expansion because the courses are much easier to navigate without a racing line. I found the co-driver to be a bit too slow with tips for the speed I drive. I glanced at the sequence from time to time instead of listening.

Yeah racing line off. I did not beat the rally expansion though, maybe it got a lot better. I did a pretty long stint of playing Dirt Rally 2.0 and RBR with a wheel setup and was just left disappointed in FH's Rally attempt. I knew it wouldn't be like either of those games but I can still have fun playing arcade rally games (which I prefer over sim anyway).

Lasha

Yeah racing line off. I did not beat the rally expansion though, maybe it got a lot better. I did a pretty long stint of playing Dirt Rally 2.0 and RBR with a wheel setup and was just left disappointed in FH's Rally attempt. I knew it wouldn't be like either of those games but I can still have fun playing arcade rally games (which I prefer over sim anyway).

Oh yeah its nowhere near an actual rally game. I enjoyed the expansion as a tighter version of the dirt races from the main game. Dirt racing felt horrible in base FH5. The expansion makes the class enjoyable. I liked the night races the most. The others were ok.

Senua

Yeah maybe.

Oh yea any decent progression system is dead in racing games, even GT7s single player makes you buy and use a new car every 5 minutes so you cannot really connect with any one of them like the old games. Devs trying to cater to the ADD bored after 5 minutes generation and leaving us moany old farts behind so we keep going back and playing GT4 and Forza Horizon 1 over and over

Tuning is important for multiplayer and trying to get high scores in leaderboards. There's not much reward other than occasionally getting paid if others use your tunes. I always found the option of being able to drive what you want immediately more appealing than being forced into cars I didn't like. I did most of horizon 5 in a cheap class A car that I liked. Lower class racing is also fun since it's really technical. I only ventured into S1/S2 for accolades and stupid play.
Yeah, I've never put time into multiplayer since it's usually broken and full of people with "questionable" racing skills.
Oh yea any decent progression system is dead in racing games, even GT7s single player makes you buy and use a new car every 5 minutes so you cannot really connect with any one of them like the old games. Devs trying to cater to the ADD bored after 5 minutes generation and leaving us moany old farts behind so we keep going back and playing GT4 and Forza Horizon 1 over and over
I've actually been playing GT6 recently alongside of GT7.

Modern racing games are trash in comparison to the 6th and 7th gen games.

RAIDEN1

It was a missed opportunity that they didn't add bikes/quad bikes to Horizon 5 perfect for Mexico, if they did it would have been Motorstorm Pacific rift in all but name

Kvally

Banned
It was a missed opportunity that they didn't add bikes/quad bikes to Horizon 5
don't no way GIF

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I quite like it, it helps me to relax, so I understand why others don't like the DLC or game. It is opposite of Dirt Rally

Riky

$MSFT
Pretty amazing intro, was playing on Series S but was still blown away, still the best looking console racing game by quite a margin. The difference between this and Dirt 5 is generational.
Until Turn 10 deliver this is still the king.

Pretty amazing intro, was playing on Series S but was still blown away, still the best looking console racing game by quite a margin. The difference between this and Dirt 5 is generational.
Until Turn 10 deliver this is still the king.
Idk what Turn 10 has been cooking but I'm excited to see how much they will push their technology this gen. Hope they deliver with Forza 8

Seraphym

Unlocked the 3rd team and enjoying it much more than Hot Wheels, which I just found soulless. Unlikely to 100%, still hate drift zones, but having fun.

Top Bottom