• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

gs3yC7.png

This OT is a place to post content related to Forza Horizon 5 and discuss the game in the days before and months after release. I'll keep this OT updated as major new content is released for the game. As seen with Forza Horizon 4, content like free cars were added each month through their seasons. Major expansions like the track editor and Eliminator were also added with these monthly updates so I'll be updating as major content is released.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Forza Gaf Club

If you want to join fellow GAF members in Forza Horizon 5 online, in the Online tab select "Clubs" and "Search Clubs" then search "gaf". Find Forza Gaf in the results and ask to join.

Bug Reporting

See a missing texture? Fall through the ground? Missing your headlight lenses? Game crashing and you think you know why it happened? Report it and be as detailed as you can here:

FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

The faster they know the bug exists the faster it will get patched.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Please try to keep discussion on-topic

(20) Xbox (@Xbox) / Twitter
(20) Forza Horizon (@ForzaHorizon) / Twitter
(20) Playground Games (@WeArePlayground) / Twitter

Rated E for everyone

BMb0n4f.jpg

Standard Version:
This is the base version of the game available to play using Gamepass. This includes no DLC expansions or other bonus content. It should be noted Gamepass users can opt to purchase all expansion content to play with the standard edition on Gamepass.

Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition | Xbox

Deluxe Version:
This version of the game includes the Standard version of the game and the Car Pass but no additional content.

Forza Horizon 5 Deluxe Edition | Xbox

Premium Version:
This version includes the Standard game but also includes Expansions 1 & 2, Car Pass, VIP Membership and Welcome Pack.

Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition | Xbox

Premium Add-on Bundle:
This includes all add-on content. Expansions 1 & 2, Car Pass, VIP Membership and Welcome Pack.

Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle | Xbox

Expansion 1:
This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Forza Horizon 5 Expansion One | Xbox

Expansion 2:
This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Forza Horizon 5 Expansion Two | Xbox

Expansions Bundle:
This is a bundle of the two expansions for the game available as a single package.

Forza Horizon 5 Expansions Bundle | Xbox

Car Pass:
Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass | Xbox

VIP Membership:
Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership | Xbox

Welcome Pack:
Kick-start your Ultimate Horizon Adventure with the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack! Included are 5 special pre-tuned cars, a Player House and a one-time grant to own any car available from the game’s Autoshow. Also included are 3 one-time grants for any Common or Rare clothing item. The Welcome Pack is included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack | Xbox

BMb0n4f.jpg

Available on Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and Windows 10 PCs on the Microsoft Store and Steam. Forza Horizon 5 is an Xbox Play anywhere game.

PC specs:
GKJwC2e.jpg

gs35Sr.png

Forza Horizon 5 is an open-world racing game released by Playground Games and is based on the engine used in the Forza Motorsports series. Though based on the Forzatech engine and featuring a plethora of tuning options, the game plays somewhere between an arcade racer and a sim with no tire damage or mechanical failure from activities like jumping off the side of a mountain. Handling is forgiving, allowing you to brake late and make turns that would be impossible in reality. As with the Forza Motorsport titles, you can adjust everything from tire pressure to camber to spring rates. You can also choose from a range of assists in the game like driving lines, braking aids, and AI difficulty to help cater the game to your preferences.

The game takes place in a fictional compressed version of Mexico during the Horizon Festival. The Horizon Festival is a massive music festival that centers around a variety of vehicular activities. Circuit racing, rally racing, drag racing, street racing, point-to-point, etc. A staple of the Forza Horizon games, showcase events have you race other much more unconventional vehicles like planes, trains, hovercrafts, motorcycles and hot air balloons.

A music festival isn't a music festival without festival... music! As with previous installments Forza Horizon 5 will feature multiple festival radio stations including Pulse, Bass Arena, Hospital Records, Block Party, and XS. Eterna replaces Timeless FX. Each station features a mixture of artists including industry labels, authentic Mexican artists and musicians, original compositions, and more. Music is played through the car's audio system but can also be heard pumping throughout the map at festival locations. This music and the licensing legalities it brings is also why Horizon games have a shelf-life.

Forza Horizon 5 Music Tracks

BMb0n4f.jpg

Single Player

As with previous titles, Forza Horizon 5 follows your adventures during the Horizon Festival. As you discover new locations on the map and complete races you'll acquire new vehicles, buy houses, unlock new events and meet new people.

Races take many forms in Forza Horizon 5. Circuit races, point-to-point, map-spanning endurance events and drag strip events. Street race events take place at night with traffic enabled. You can also initiate street races with individual cars (both AI and other players) on the world map by pulling in behind them.

Horizon Stories are events that have you interact with in-game NPCs and completing objectives for them using cars they provide. These typically reward you with steady income.

Showcase events have you square off with unconventional vehicles or even take the role of someone else as seen in Forza Horizon 4 where you assumed the role of Master Chief and drove a Warthog on the map complete with a Halo skybox and Covenant ships flying about.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Multiplayer

Multiplayer gameplay will be bigger than ever with new modes and events designed to accommodate both casual and competitive players. Convoys make a return allowing you to move about the map in groups to join in various activities. Skill-based matchmaking has been removed so it remains to be seen what effect that will have on the multiplayer pairings.

Forza Arcade allows players to join each other to complete a variety of mini-games throughout the world map with the ability to come and go at any point. These activities include games like piñata smashing among others.

Horizon Tour allows players to race in groups throughout the map. Designed to encourage exploration these races are scattered all over the map and will introduce players to new locations. This mode also allows groups of players to race co-op against AI.

Horizon Open is where players will find There are several modes to choose from, including Open Racing, Open Drifting, Playground Games, and The Eliminator. Open Racing features street, road, dirt, and cross-country racing. Open Drifting takes a more adventurous form, exploring a mix of asphalt and off-road surfaces. Playground Games now features activities to play in teams and solo, including a solo mode for King-of-the-Hill, Flag Rush, and Infected. The Eliminator is Forza Horizon 5's Battle Royale, where players will drive across different map sections that become restricted by a shrinking circle.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Player Creations

Forza Horizon 5 features all sorts of player-created content which players can keep to themselves or share to the community.

The livery editor is a staple for the Forza franchise going all the way back to the first Forza Motorsport. It has been refined over the years with improvements to to the interface and new features like masking layers. Over the years players have been able to recreate just about any livery in existence along with millions of unique designs that can be carried over from previous titles going back to Forza Motorsport 5.

The track editor was introduced in Forza Motorsport 4 and allows players to place checkpoint anywhere on the map the cars can drive to create both circuit and point-to-point races of their own. Players can dictate weather and time-of-day as well as the season.

The Event Lab allows players to use new tools (previewed in a limited fashion in Forza Horizon 4's Super 7 update) to create new arcade-style events with place-able track items like ramps, loops and fans that launch cars into the air.

gspALM.png

The original festival was based in the state of Colorado, USA, then moved on to the southern coast of France where it meets up with Northern Italy. The third festival was much bigger, taking place in Australia, encompassing everything from deserts to rain forest. Finally the fourth Horizon festival was held in the UK centered around Edinburgh, taking place over the entire year encompassing all four seasons. The fifth Horizon Festival takes place in Mexico with a map that spans coast-to-coast!

As has become typical in Horizon games, if you can see it you can drive there. Mountains, rivers, valleys, an active Volcano, almost nothing is off-limits. The Mexican map is much larger than any previous Forza Horizon map and contains a diverse set of biomes to race in featuring desert, two distinct coastlines, swamps, grass fields and more. The map features the longest high-speed road in the series crossing the entire width of the map. The map will also feature a tunnel system located beneath the main town. As was the case with Forza Horizon 4, this game features all four seasons found in Mexico's climate. As in previous entries there is a lot do do with plenty of races to complete, items to collect, story events, online events and more.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Now on to the cars!

Horizon 5 car list at Forzamotorsport.net

Forza Horizon 5 includes hundreds of cars from dozens of manufacturers. Over 450 cars will be included at launch with new cars added after launch through seasonal updates and DLC similar to the previous entry. Forza Horizon 5 however features more customization than ever before and massively improved recording techniques to capture the sound of the cars under real-world load. In-game modifications have a real-time effect on all of the cars as you swap out parts.

TNOmuA.png

Expansion One - Hot Wheels

If you played Forza Horizon 3, you may remember it's iconic Hot Wheels DLC. Taking place on an entirely separate island off the coast the map featured several biomes of it's own, a shipwreck area, a dense forest full of dinosaurs, a sprawling city full of skyscrapers and a huge mountain. Twisting through all of this were massive orange Hot Wheels track sections. The new Hot Wheels expansion was made in the same vein. It also features a sprawling new landmass with multiple biomes like a new mountain range full of live volcanoes, a hidden city built into a rock face lush tropical forests and a large canyon carved through the island. The expansion features a much larger area than before with more opportunity to exit the track sections. As with the Forza Horizon 3 DLC there are blue track sections you are able to swap out with different parts to change the very nature of the races that cross over those sections.

Expansion one also features new pieces for the track editor with a highly requested new snap feature to help line everything up.

Expansion Two - Rally Adventure

If you are playing on PC and are experiencing unexplainable stuttering while playing in the DLC area, set the "deformable terrain" setting from "Extreme" to "Ultra" and the issue should go away. Hopefully the issue will be patched.

If you played the first Horizon, you may remember the rally expansion, which used the existing map to build new rally courses. The expansion was a pretty decent version of a rally racer with serious, no nonsense callouts, added jumps and bumps, and an authentic rally feel. It was limited but this was also the first Horizon game which was very different from modern Horizon where you can basically drive anywhere. The new Rally Adventure is neither of those things. Callouts are done by the idiotic in-game characters who call out turns in a "funny" way, including informing you there are chickens on the road accompanied by a chicken icon where the turn indicators normally slot in. The rally routes also feel off, since things like trees just break meaning going off-route poses no danger. The map itself is fantastic with plenty of new roads to drive including a lot of unmarked routes. Also impressive is the new particle system. Dust hangs in the air for a long time, anyone who has driven gravel roads knows on a calm day the dust just hangs there forever and in this expansion it does just that making races with other vehicles precarious as visibility is reduced to mere feet.

As before the expansion features new parts for the editor.

BMb0n4f.jpg

Game Reviews

Opencritic - Mighty / 92 / 100%
Metacritic - 92

Forza Horizon 5 - Review thread | NeoGAF

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

So am I correct in thinking that if you are a GamePass Ultimate member you can play this, this week, and not have to wait until November 9th?

KillaJamm

So am I correct in thinking that if you are a GamePass Ultimate member you can play this, this week, and not have to wait until November 9th?
I'm afraid not, you only have access to the standard edition so it's the 9th. You can purchase the premium upgrade at a discount and get early access, plus everything that comes with the premium edition. Think its about £35 here in the UK.

Jennings

I tend to stay a release behind and pick these up on sale when the newest one releases, though I might dive in early if the map is interesting. I loved Australia but I've been bouncing off England hardcore.

I havent loved a racing game since Burnout 3: Takedown. I haven’t had interest in one since Motorstorm (I never actually bought it). But the advertisement here really peeks my interest.

93xfan

Banned
I tend to stay a release behind and pick these up on sale when the newest one releases, though I might dive in early if the map is interesting. I loved Australia but I've been bouncing off England hardcore.
Why not do Gamepass?

Kagey K

Banned
Some guy named P3 on XBL is playing it right now. Hacker.
He’s the second person on my friends list playing it, the other one unlocked his first achievement Sept 16.

I swear they are taunting me, playing this shit while I can’t. 😡

One of the best OT in recent years great work OP! One small thing, add the PC system requirements to make it perfect.
giphy%20(2)(4).gif

Thanks, much appreciated.

They're there wrapped up in a spoiler tag you can click to expand right near the top of the post just to keep the OT looking clean, it is labeled as such though. Once the full car list is clarified I'll add that the same way.

Chukhopops

RZPxo5o.gif

I’m ready to drive around the map with my 207, custom playlists in the Xbox headset mixed with engine and environment sounds. Time to finally leave the UK for a more vibrant landscape.

The game looks really good on Xbox one! Don't wanna get anyone in trouble, but there's a guy uploading stuff from Xbox one s (against embargo). But it runs at 60fps! Can't wait for a GAF tailgate party!

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Lovely OT!

I have the Premium Edition of the game pre-ordered right after E3 and it's my most anticipated title since I got the XSX. I was playing Forza Horizon since the very beginning and I absolutely love the music/car festival vibe it has. My jam has always been the Bass Arena channel, I wish they sold and released music packs to expand the soundtrack further of your favourite channel over the lifetime of the game, every 6 months or so. Using Spotify - at least for me - isn't really the same.

I know I will spend hundreds and hundreds of hours with the game like I did with all previous ones.

EskEVZG.png
8wlQpwv.png
8uQO5Pp.png

Lovely OT!

I have the Premium Edition of the game pre-ordered right after E3 and it's my most anticipated title since I got the XSX. I was playing Forza Horizon since the very beginning and I absolutely love the music/car festival vibe it has. My jam has always been the Bass Arena channel, I wish they sold and released music packs to expand the soundtrack further of your favourite channel over the lifetime of the game, every 6 months or so. Using Spotify - at least for me - isn't really the same.

I know I will spend hundreds and hundreds of hours with the game like I did with all previous ones.

EskEVZG.png
8wlQpwv.png
8uQO5Pp.png
Dedication right here! What was your favorite one, and why?

It's difficult to choose because I loved them all. But I think I have to say 3 because of the setting, 1 because it had the best soundtrack, 4 because it has the best DLC and 2 because it had the best area, I wished they enhanced that one to run at 60FPS.
Would be cool if they somehow implemented all of the maps, of all the games, into one. Id buy that in a heartbeat for $200

Wizz-Art

Forget the other side, imagine doing a "Goliath" run around the entire map! Easily an hour plus with a fast s2 car.
Hahaha, don't give them (Playground) any ideas because they're absolutely talented enough to pull such a thing off, holy shit how large would such a game be, would it fit on the smallest (512GB) expansion card? Anyways, just 3 more nights to sleep when FH5 releases and whole GAF will be like
zk4fQYR.gif

except for the one who doesn't get it.

Hahaha, don't give them (Playground) any ideas because they're absolutely talented enough to pull such a thing off, holy shit how large would such a game be, would it fit on the smallest (512GB) expansion card? Anyways, just 3 more nights to sleep when FH5 releases and whole GAF will be like
zk4fQYR.gif

except for the one who doesn't get it.
2 days, 4 hours, and 57 minutes to be exact! Let's goooooooo!

Surprised One S has a 60fps mode, looked rough.
Not the cleanest image, but I honestly thought the game would be locked to 30 fps on base xb1, and possibly 60 fps on xb1x. This is great for all of those who don't have a xsx, xss, or PC.

I just wish I could hibernate until the game releases. Been feeling like this for months. Imma probably call out sick on Friday. I can't take it any longer.

Top Bottom