• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 had one million concurrent players at launch

Halo is #11 and FH5 is #13
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Last edited:
it's not offending is just superficial. Bloodborne sold 3.1m on a base of 117 million consoles. Did this game really suck? ...Think about it .. young padawan
Did I ever say Forza Horizon sucks? (I don't like it but I never said that here). My entire point is that 1m concurrent users at release for a game that is pretty much being given away in a install base that encompasses PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X consoles is not impressive at all in my opinion. You are free to think whatever you want. The fact that MS hides sales and has done so for years says it all and this was MS biggest game in multiple years.

Are Bloodborne sales impressive? No, not at all (specially if you consider how good it is), I don't see Sony pretending they are (quite the opposite, they pretend it doesn't exist, hopefully it will change now with the massive success of Elden Ring).

This is my last post here, you can all keep quoting me as much as you want, I won't answer anymore as it is a waste of my time, all you seem to want is some validation to your opinion that you won't get from me or to get be banned.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
I’d have expected it to be higher considering it was included with GamePass.

Sounds good, I think. Of course, gamepass slightly muddies the water on this but still, getting 5 million to play a racing game at launch seems pretty good.

Never mind, my mind read 5 million but it was only one million. That number seems kinda small for such a popular game plus gamepass for a launch game.
I agree I thought it would be higher, but it's been what, five games in a decade.

The thing about the number of players on a cheap sub service though is that it doesn't tell you how long people played the game for. I played FH5 for two-and-a-half hours but haven't gone back to it for example.

Last edited:

Zathalus

You know, actually reading the article has more impressive information. Over 1 million was the concurrent peak, but total players for the first week was over 10 million.

Did I ever say Forza Horizon sucks? (I don't like it but I never said that here). My entire point is that 1m concurrent users at release for a game that is pretty much being given away in a install base that encompasses PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X consoles is not impressive at all in my opinion. You are free to think whatever you want. The fact that MS hides sales and has done so for years says it all.

Are Bloodborne sales impressive? No, not at all (specially if you consider how good it is), I don't see Sony pretending they are (quite the opposite, they pretend it doesn't exist, hopefully it will change now with the massive success of Elden Ring).

This is my last post here, you can all keep quoting me as much as you want, I won't answer anymore as it is a waste of my time, all you seem to want it some validation to your opinion or to get be banned.
You don't have to find it impressive, it's still gonna be the most played racing game ever :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Chukhopops

You know, actually reading the article has more impressive information. Over 1 million was the concurrent peak, but total players for the first week was over 10 million.
It took 2 years and 1 month for FH4 to reach 24M players, while it took 7 months for FH5 to reach 20M.

For a paid game that’s just ridiculous, the only paid games more active on Xbox are GTA5, Minecraft, Elden Ring, FIFA and COD.

I have no idea how it’s possible to downplay that success but that’s a task for professionals I guess.

Ozriel

M$FT
I agree I thought it would be higher, but it's been what, five games in a decade.

And yet its getting more players, faster than the 4th game in the series. So claims of series fatigue are illogical.

I believe I posted earlier that it has WAY more players than MLB The Show 2021 had in the same timeframe, on its first xbox appearance.

One million concurrents is really high, even for F2P games.

The thing about the number of players on a cheap sub service though is that it doesn't tell you how long people played the game for. I played FH5 for two-and-a-half but haven't gone back to it for example.

Good thing that you can see a few posts above yours where it’s in the top 13 most played on Xbox.

Also, at $10 - $15 a month, Gamepass isn’t exactly a cheap sub.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

One of those had substantially less players (as its not free to enter on steam) and yet consistantly retains over 10% of its peak.

Vs Halo which is only able to hold just over 2% of its own during a new season of content.

I think that's pretty telling, honestly more people should give Forza 5 a go, it's not perfect the dialog can be pretty cringe. However from a gameplay perspective its excellent, racing fans have never had it so good, now if only GT7 could work offline...

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
I'm just glad I can finally play it without crashing with a Fanatec wheel. Fanatec finally fixed the issue on their end with new drivers. They also rewrote the FFB code so now the wheel feels much better in games that are not sims so it's much better to play than before.

Ev1L AuRoN

Forza Horizon is, to me anyway, the best exclusive Microsoft has, a fun racer that don't take itself too seriously.

Hezekiah

Banned
And yet its getting more players, faster than the 4th game in the series. So claims of series fatigue are illogical.

I believe I posted earlier that it has WAY more players than MLB The Show 2021 had in the same timeframe, on its first xbox appearance.

One million concurrents is really high, even for F2P games.

Good thing that you can see a few posts above yours where it’s in the top 13 most played on Xbox.

Also, at $10 - $15 a month, Gamepass isn’t exactly a cheap sub.
More than MLB?
2IO.gif

Top 13 for the second biggest recent exclusive release, that's what I mean I'd expect it to be inside the top ten.

And GamePass is cheap as chips. Month-to-month it's cheaper than PS Plus Extra and Premium, cheaper than EA Play Pro and Ubisoft+.

Top Bottom