• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 Trailer Leaked

ManaByte

Yesterday they shut down Fortnite and drove 9 year olds into rage around the world.

They’re relaunching it as basically Fortnite 2:

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
So you can never play on the old map again? Or will the seqel have multiple maps?

Seems a shame if someone liked the old map to just throw it away forever.

MiguelItUp

Ugh, that bratty kid punching the television. It's funny, but it's also not. I really wish parents would do a better job of not letting their kid act like assholes.

Or just, y'know, not have kids at all.

Of course Fortnite is coming back, but man, I was SO happy hearing about "The End".

I'll never not be mad and sad about Unreal Tournament, and how it was basically shelved for this garbage game. Now Epic is essentially just a Fortnite company until they abuse the IP so much that people are completely over it.

Last edited:

plushyp

I had no idea this was even a thing. I'm surprised children and man children everywhere weren't rioting in the streets.
My niece threw her dad's phone and started squealing around like a banshee after seeing the black hole on the screen countlessly a few hours back. She shut up after getting 2 smacks on the bottom from her mom while the dad was smoothing the situation and trying to control his laughter lol.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looks fantastic. My favorite parts:

-Beautiful new tech and art style
-New, more natural island (this is something a bit missing from the last seasons of Chapter One; I fell in love with the game a little bit due to its natural beauty and simple urban settings)
-High-speed squad boat gunfights and way more water to put them to use, well intermixed with all the land (I felt this aspect was lacking in Chapter One)
-Really fun new level of interactivity (Fishing, diving, boating, carrying team members to safety, hiding in dumpsters, blowing up gas stations)
-Island level design looks really good — lots of very interesting looking ways to fight

I am so amped. People expected Season 11, but it looks like, from this 30 second trailer alone, we got Fortnite 2. Seasonal changes have been massive in the past, but I struggle to think of anything remotely like this.

I have no idea how the developers were delivering constant, amazing levels of weekly content for the last few seasons, especially the latest, where it hit absolutely ridiculous levels of getting giant new areas on a weekly basis, while simultaneously working on what seems like a complete sequel.

The term mind-boggling is overused, but it describes their development efforts well.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Looks fantastic. My favorite parts:

-Beautiful new tech and art style
-New, more natural island (this is something a bit missing from the last seasons of Chapter One; I fell in love with the game a little bit due to its natural beauty and simple urban settings)
-High-speed squad boat gunfights and way more water to put them to use, well intermixed with all the land (I felt this aspect was lacking in Chapter One)
-Really fun new level of interactivity (Fishing, diving, boating, carrying team members to safety, hiding in dumpsters, blowing up gas stations)
-Island level design looks really good — lots of very interesting looking ways to fight

I am so amped. People expected Season 11, but it looks like, from this 30 second trailer alone, we got Fortnite 2. Seasonal changes have been massive in the past, but I struggle to think of anything remotely like this.

I have no idea how the developers were delivering constant, amazing levels of weekly content for the last few seasons, especially the latest, where it hit absolutely ridiculous levels of getting giant new areas on a weekly basis, while simultaneously working on what seems like a complete sequel.

The term mind-boggling is overused, but it describes their development efforts well.

They’re swimming in money from $20 skin sales, so...

Reactions: Isa

Petrae

What in the hell?! All those people destroying their hardware wtf! Grown ass man destroying his laptop over fortnite ?!

Epic 1, Humanity -3768.

Seriously, people have become a bunch of mindless morons, not dissimilar to Idiocracy. They sit and stare at a hole for hours. They throw literal temper tantrums and break shit when their online video games go offline.

Epic has got to be loving this, trolling and stringing along its userbase, knowing that they’ll flock back like sheep once the switch is flipped again.

This is obviously a publicity stunt, but is also a cautionary tale for GaaS. Publishers can just turn your shit off with little to no notice, making all the money you might sink into the game into unsuspecting donations. You’re at the will of the publisher. Compare that to non-connected video games, which are controlled by the user. Nobody is remotely flipping any switch to turn your games off or revoke access, and you can enjoy them without limits.

Publicity stunt or not, Epic has proven that they have the collective balls of Fortnite users in a vise grip made of solid gold.

i pray to the lords we get a first person toggle
Have you tried Apex Legends?

My biggest gripe with Fortnite is the building mechanic.

3rd person shooters are fine, but I don't want to play an Uncharted/Minecraft hybrid. Pure shooting with platforming elements would suffice for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Maybe I'll jump back in
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom