• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

StonedRider

Personally I don't care about Mazepin drama. He was an idiot for posting stuff like this on social media, but I'm pretty sure some of the other current and past drivers also weren't saints. They just know what stuff should be kept private.

I have a bias against Mazepin because of his behavior on track and heard a lot of stories about his golden rich boy attitude towards people around him. Because of that this drama story was another "you see, he's an asshole" argument for me. But, honestly, it was nothing besides stupidity and this "The Rapist" was just a joke obviously.

As for the Haas team, hard to be excited if they already abandoned the plans to develop the current car. And not exactly a good situation for Mick to develop his talent in F1 and show what he can do.

At least with Mazepin father and Schumi sponsors money they have a chance to build a good car next year with new regulations.

Second practice session is going in terrible conditions. A lot of sand on the track and drivers need to be very careful. I doubt teams can gather any useful information now.

Makariel

ea23f03c-20c1-4bb2-b7dd-c8309a183818.jpg

Well, it beats not being to run at all because of snow.

@Mazepin: the only reason he's having a F1 seat is because his dad is loaded. That he acts like a spoilt rich kid off track helps giving him the title "most hated current F1 driver" before the first race even started. Regarding the "other drivers aren't/weren't saints either" - so what? They get/got criticised as well when they mess up. Mazepin is not above anyone else, regardless how much money his father has. If he acts like a cunt we have the right to call him a cunt. He can dry his tears with daddys cash.

iu

I guess he'll survive.

StonedRider

Aston Martin has issues with the gearbox today. The same new version of Mercedes gearbox.

McLaren and Alpine look good so far. I know, testing time means nothing, but anyway.

Carlos is settling in nicely... ;)

And he continues his drifting exercises today. Still struggling with car settings.

Edit: Actually, I've read that Mercedes is using last year's gearbox as well as Aston Martin obviously. So the problems was completely unexpected.

Last edited:
Regarding the Mazepin comments, sure people might find him a douchebag, but he is still a really fast driver but reckless, as you would know if you watched more then the season ender at f2 last year, sure his daddys money helped, but he is a better driver than Latifi, he will be fun to watch, looking forward to following the haas team with mick and maz. same with the alfa with gio and kimi.

Also if anyone belives Mercs are not sandbaging i have bad news for you, we are in for another boring season, will look into super formula, moto gp and indycar.

Last edited:
I was about to post that same video. It gives me pleasure that the official F1 franchise uses a modded Assetto Corsa rather than their own game. Also been chuckling at some of the comments there and how the F1 channel are scrubbing petitions for a Khashoggi chicane.

The layout is fine, it's the location that is a problem and I'm not even on about politics. Enough with the walled, narrow street circuits. If you took that very same layout, built it in an open area with elevation changes, it would be a decent circuit.

StonedRider

I'm kinda glad the track looks like one of the worst Tilkodromes, I won't feel like I'm missing something when I'll skip the GP.

Imo track looks quite fun, with a lot of places for overtaking. Also it's a high-speed street track.
Maybe it looks boring from inside because of tightness and close fences.

Fuck Saudis, but i'm not strong enough to boycott the race weekend because of them. And yes, we need Khashoggi chicane there.

xrnzaaas

Imo track looks quite fun, with a lot of places for overtaking. Also it's a high-speed street track.
Maybe it looks boring from inside because of tightness and close fences.

Fuck Saudis, but i'm not strong enough to boycott the race weekend because of them. And yes, we need Khashoggi chicane there.
Honestly I don't think it's going to be a good track for overtaking. It may be decent to watch in the qualifying due to being a high speed track like you said, but I reckon the races are going to be a snoozefest.

StonedRider

Honestly I don't think it's going to be a good track for overtaking. It may be decent to watch in the qualifying due to being a high speed track like you said, but I reckon the races are going to be a snoozefest.

We'll see, they said Baku is a boring track, but it gifted us a couple of fun races before because of the long straight and a couple of narrow turns.

Looking on this track map I see good place for overtaking after start-finish straight similar to Monza first two turns. After that there is another short straight followed by technical curved part without much overtaking possibilities obviously, but could be fun for drivers like Suzuka esses with a room for mistakes. Then high speed turn 13 a la Mugello last corner, and it was an interesting corner last year despite people said it'd be hard to follow another car there in modern F1 car. Then one huge "almost straight" with one sharper part (turns 16-17) until turn 22 with another opportunity to overtake in 19-20-21 turns and the last "almost straight" that reminds me of Hockenheim's Parabolica before the final corner. Unfortunately, the final corner is not a hairpin.

I think, for city circuit it's quite diverse. It's hard to tell how wide it is, hope it's wider than Baku. I'd like to know where the DRS zones will be located. Main straight for certain, but maybe they will take the risk allowing DRS in 19-20-21 turns?

Last edited:
Ep 4 of Season 3, I could smell the toxicity in Ferrari. I dont know how I missed it but it was fun seeing Vettel telling reporters basically I wouldn't want to know I won because company cheated...while his media advisor is running circles around him and the reporters having a panic attack of what he will say next lol.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Ep 4 of Season 3, I could smell the toxicity in Ferrari. I dont know how I missed it but it was fun seeing Vettel telling reporters basically I wouldn't want to know I won because company cheated...while his media advisor is running circles around him and the reporters having a panic attack of what he will say next lol.

This told me how bad it was at Ferrari.

xrnzaaas

That Silvia Hoffer from communications at Ferrari is a nice person to be around... NOT.

Last edited:

Makariel

Watched the Netflix thing over the weekend. Jeez... some of the editing is beyond abysmal. They really cut in Sebs "muss das sein" from Brazil into the Austrian crash? Or showing the wrong car when they talked about a specific driver, e.g. showing Max when talking about Albon or vice versa, "these hards don't work" with red-wall soft tires on?

I get it, it's for those who enjoy the soap-opera aspect of F1 and those who are new to the whole thing, but can we not have at least some standards?

xrnzaaas

Watched the Netflix thing over the weekend. Jeez... some of the editing is beyond abysmal. They really cut in Sebs "muss das sein" from Brazil into the Austrian crash? Or showing the wrong car when they talked about a specific driver, e.g. showing Max when talking about Albon or vice versa, "these hards don't work" with red-wall soft tires on?

I get it, it's for those who enjoy the soap-opera aspect of F1 and those who are new to the whole thing, but can we not have at least some standards?
Trying to portray McLaren and Sainz parting on bad terms was the worst offender for me. Zak himself mentioned on many occasions that he's proud of Carlos fulfilling his dream and going to Ferrari plus they got Danny Ric from all of the transfers. So yeah, they wasted an episode on that fakery instead of focusing on stuff like Russell's Merc race.

Last edited:

StonedRider

That's why I've never watched it and don't even want to start.
The goal of this show is drama, not objectivity. Sometimes even artificial drama.

The target audience of DtS is people who like drama and emotions, it's not that important do they know a about F1 or don't. But this is good because it widens F1 auditory, which means more money for the sport.

Horner ‘constantly winces’ watching Drive to Survive.

Fox Mulder

I’ve never cared to even try watching it. Sounds pretty dumb and pointless if you actually follow the sport and don’t like reality show trash.

I’d rather just watch Lando reacting to memes.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

This idea of adding kids to press conferences is stupid if you hate kids like me. ;)

Also can you believe this idiot?

Last edited:

Makariel

Leave it to Mercedes to sandbag until Q3 :p

Looks promising to see McLaren up there, not sure what happened to Alpine. Renault was looking quick at times last year, I wonder how long Fernando will restrain himself from comparing the engine in the Alpine with one of lower racing series?

Will be watching Q3 tomorrow (today was too busy with work to keep an eye on the timing screens) with my McLaren shirt on.

xrnzaaas

Perez must be sweating already with the knowledge he might by replaced by Tsunoda by the season's end.

Also Vettel out in Q1 - unlucky after Mazespin but still lol.

Mohonky

Yeop, that RBR is fast and Merc got work to do, saw it in testing the Merc looked the biggest losers with the changes to the floor and the low rake setup.

Alpha Tauri looking really good, especially Gasly, he's been on it since he went back there. Ferrari looking better too. Alonso though geez to get that thing into Q3!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom