• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Good for Perez. That’s why they brought him on and he can go for wins and big points in that car.

Last edited:

Jorav

A nice mixed result in qualifying. Hoping for a maclaren podium tomorrow but it’s gonna be tough to get up there, unless we get some front runner tangle in the first corner

Had to go into work just as the session was starting, just got done watching it now.

Norris was fucking flying, I was so hyped seeing him posting purple sectors, absolutely devastated that his time got deleted.
ButtAss bottles it when it matters yet again, a disappointment just like always. 8th? Wtf man?
Sainz and Alonso performed terribly, shameful gaps to their team mates.
Hamilton only fastest when it matters, boring as fuck, yawn.
Nice recovery from Perez to beat Max, did not expect that.
Williams are looking much better this year.
Stroll is doing alright, can't be too bad of a pay driver in order to beat Vettel.
Have to feel sorry for Tsunoda, that slow speed mistake and bump was punished like a high speed wreck. One heck of a repair job that will probably incur a couple of further penalties.

Going to a have to make a Voodoo doll in the morning with Hamilton's face on it, will stick some pins in his feet just as the lights go out hoping for a bad launch off the line. Give me a Perez, Max and Norris podium please.

TTOOLL

93-A87-C52-6725-45-E2-87-EC-2-C561968-B71-A.jpg

Miami GP has been announced!!!

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Miami GP has been announced!!!

Well it's a better idea than racing in Miami docks. But which GP is getting sacrificed to make room?

Fox Mulder

Well it's a better idea than racing in Miami docks. But which GP is getting sacrificed to make room?

There’s still a few not contracted for 2022 like Austin, Singapore, and Spain. Imola and Portimão are fill ins for covid anyways. Austin might get dropped and they go for another big US city street race or maybe Indy.

Last edited:
Charles looking good up there still in 3rd while Bottas struggles to keep Russell behind in 10th and 11th. Those two need a seat swap.

Bottass is going to be lapped before half distance, isn't he?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Botass's disappointing weekend is surprising. I just checked and he was on pole last year and finished the race in second behind Lewis.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edit: Well, at least Lewis won't get to lap Valtteri by half distance.
Double Edit. Bottass and Russell!!!!!! Nooo!!!!

Last edited:
It's funny to watch Russell on-board camera now. Marshals party.

They were singing Whatta Man Mess by Salt'N'Pepa no doubt.

Going to be a very interesting podium with Perez binning it. Hope those Ferrari boys make their cars as wide as possible for Hamilton and keep him behind.

Last edited:
Merc passing the Ferrari like it has an extra 300bhp, boring and OP. Hamilton is always incredibly jammy when he messes up, should have been a lap down.

StonedRider

Congrats to Max! Lewis is lucky bastard. Glad for Lando.
But it was Perez job to step up and pick up valuable points in situations like this.

Fox Mulder

Redbull would have loved any points from Perez. Hamilton had his one mistake of the season and still got 2nd and fastest lap. Blessed.

Jorav

A nice race, Ham is truly blessed and managed to scrape a second place after almost binning it. Bottas being being Bottas but playing the 2nd driver role perfectly and causing a red flag haha. Dissapointed with Dany Ric, can't seem to get the car working for him. Great job by Lando though. Perez let himself down and should've given those places back under the SC.

StonedRider

Toto about Russell:

But George should have never launched into this manoeuvre, considering that the track was drying up. It meant taking risks, and the other car is a Mercedes in front of him. In any driver’s development, for a young driver, you must never lose this global perspective."

Did Toto just hinted here that Mercedes has three drivers on the grid and Russell should always be careful fighting Mercedes cars preferring not to overtake them and let them pass if they want? In the same time fighting other teams without compromises, of course.

I understand, his manoeuvre was quite risky and it was his car which started to slide and collided with another. Even if Bottas was very (stupidly, to be honest) aggressive here, I think it's 60/40 Russell fault. But hinting about driver's future perspectives because another car is Mercedes smells bad.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I don't think that a single fuck-up like this from George will affect his chances of getting a Merc seat, it's more like a strong reminder he shouldn't be so aggressive when fighting their cars in the future.

StonedRider

I don't think that a single fuck-up like this from George will affect his chances of getting a Merc seat, it's more like a strong reminder he shouldn't be so aggressive when fighting their cars in the future.

Yeah, I understand this fuck-up will not cost George his carer.

But Russell should not give Mercedes any preferences on track, otherwise it's unsportsmanlike behavior. What if Alpha Tauri will give Red Bulls free passes on track, but fight with Mercedes to death? And, unlike Alpha Tauri, Williams is not even a Mercedes owned team, it's just George is Mercedes program driver. Btw, Ocon is Mercedes driver also, should he also think about what car is before him while making his decision to overtake?

xrnzaaas

Yeah I will admit it's not a very good look when Mercedes can "bully" their development driver to take it easy if he wants to drive for them in the future. Doesn't help they're still the top team and they can have any driver on the grid they want when a seat opens up after Lewis's retirement.

Jorav

Slightly OT, is there an 2021 Indycar thread? I always tell myself i'm going to get into Indycar but never get aroudn to watching it. For the veterans, how does it compare to F1?

Rowland on 0% before the final lap even started, still raced another lap. Was that car running on the same magic as one of my cigarette lighters? One of them has been empty for weeks but still going.

Rowland on 0% before the final lap even started, still raced another lap. Was that car running on the same magic as one of my cigarette lighters? One of them has been empty for weeks but still going.

Jokes aside, rules demand that usable energy is taken away when SC kicks in, plus they do have a little bit of extra energy for going back to the pits and whatnot. They don't 0 out completely, but they can only use a certain amount of energy. It's a bit like in F1 where they need to keep enough fuel on board for a fuel sample. They rarely ever go 100% dry.

This rule may sound convoluted, but it's there for a sound reason. Since FE is all about green energy, saving, cost reduction and whatnot, they don't want to reward mass usage of the battery across the race just waiting for a safety car to reward your lack of care. SC laps consume the batteries just like any other lap, so you will have to save well.

As hilarious as that Formula E ending was, a handful of drivers and teams calculated things correctly, many probably assumed they were gonna do one less lap, hence reaching the final lap with <1% which was then not enough. Even then, Da Costa was smart to slow down immediately and cruise to the end, losing about 70 seconds in that lap. Still got decent points in 7th compared to, say, Rowland who crossed the finish line in 2nd but was disqualified and as such no points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom