• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those who enjoy sports games: Do you regularly/have you ever played those sports in reality?

Have you ever played the actual sport that your favourite sports games are simulating?

• Yes I do/I have

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No I don't/I haven't

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don't play sports games, why did I respond to this poll

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I love Football Fifa but i can't play it cause im overweight and it sadden me. That why i stay inside the house and game like 15 hours a day.

Last edited:

GinSama

Yeah I do play. In case of fifa/pes I played for 13 (plus academy) years in a small club of my hometown. Now I play with friends.

Apart of motorsport the rest of games I usual play (nba, madden etc) they are all pick up games.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's a bit of both. In high school I played two seasons of basketball and one season of (American) football, and used to play sports games at the time. I will still play some sports games but of all the genres out there it's pretty much near the bottom of my list because I grew tired of how developers like EA kept making the same game over and over again each year with new assets.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Nah I played older, simpler sports games before they became like their current incarnations. I don't play sports for real either though, I'm not a competitive guy, I'm more motivated by other things.

april6e

Yes, and I can tell you, playing Madden is much more enjoyable than high school practices for 4 hours in streaming hot weather and trying to avoid multiple 230 pound men who are coming at you like a heat seeking missile at your knees.

But seriously, the entire reason I'm playing the sports game is because I've played those sports either recreationally or on a school team and have enjoyed the gameplay. I've never played Cricket or something like that so I would have no interest in buying that game if I don't know the rules or have investment in the personalities.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
I have leg problems. Mine is crooked, so I can't play soccer, like I used to, when I was a kid. So fifa makes my dream of playing soccer come to true.

I am having fun with it on my x1s. I play it alot, its why I couldn't finish Spiderman on time, and I had to drop God of war, until I am done with spiderman. Those crazy tricks I do by accident is really great. I managed to do head goal by accident. Still can't do that.
Listen World Cup GIF by FIFA

Top Bottom