• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XVI Launch Trailer SALVATION Released

My favorite thing about FFXVI is that the story is so complex that they implemented a special feature to allow people to do research on the political dynamics during cutscenes. That to me shows that they're serious about trying to hit the Matsuno level

Go_Ly_Dow

My favorite thing about FFXVI is that the story is so complex that they implemented a special feature to allow people to do research on the political dynamics during cutscenes. That to me shows that they're serious about trying to hit the Matsuno level

Seems like the discussion surrounding nearly every other game right now is about graphics....

Meanwhile this releases in a few weeks, looks amazing and gone back to basics, gameplay, story, characters, world.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Seems like the discussion surrounding nearly every other game right now is about graphics....

Meanwhile this releases in a few weeks, looks amazing and gone back to basics, gameplay, story, characters, world.
Its becoming so tiring and just kills any proper discussion about actual game.

Synless

Dude, Ive been on this board for almost two decades and it’s always been this way. This is not new at all, I’d argue it was worse back in the ps3/360 era.

Go_Ly_Dow

Dude, Ive been on this board for almost two decades and it’s always been this way. This is not new at all, I’d argue it was worse back in the ps3/360 era.
Yo true, I remember you back from thay era, I was called M_Night then and was hyped to hell for Versus haha. (now my hype is kept in check after how that turned out)

Fbh

Japanese devs selecting lines from the script to put in the trailers:
MenacingVacantKodiakbear-max-1mb.gif

But the game continues to look awesome. I remain confident it will be the best FF since at very leasy XII.

Its beyond tedious.

I played Chrono Cross on PS1 for the first time about 2 years ago and probably got more joy from chunks of polygon than most do from their ray traced reflections lol.

Chrono Cross looks better than all modern games though.
Can't beat pre rendered backgrounds and best in class art direction
42ab9831ea82c8283689e8e8a192170523717e5d.gif

864b17b5791b358ffb66e0c27d43740a82d0b906.gifv

marquimvfs

The only big FF game people seem to like has been FFVIIR.

I think SE has lost what made Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy.
Also not impressed at all. Last FF game that I played and REALLY enjoyed, was FF10 (not counting FF7R). 12 was a disappointment, and everything after was just not good. Now, it looks like they realized their stupidity and decided to change, but they're taking the wrong path again...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Also not impressed at all. Last FF game that I played and REALLY enjoyed, was FF10 (not counting FF7R). 12 was a disappointment, and everything after was just not good. Now, it looks like they realized their stupidity and decided to change, but they're taking the wrong path again...

Personal tastes are so weird.

I was in love with XII, thought Lightning Returns was basically the best RPG on the PS3, and thought XV was a C-

The only main games that don't vibe with me are II, XI, and XIV, namely in the latter two's case solely because I don't have time for MMO's in adult life.

But I guess that's the double edged sword with FF, they change direction so often that if you absolutely love a title, there's no guarantee that your tastes will be accommodated in the future.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But I guess that's the double edged sword with FF, they change direction so often that if you absolutely love a title, there's no guarantee that your tastes will be accommodated in the future.
In my opinion FF games are anthology of fantasy RPGs, similar how anthology movies like Memories and Animatrix each director will have their own take on it.

Personal tastes are so weird.

I was in love with XII, thought Lightning Returns was basically the best RPG on the PS3, and thought XV was a C-

The only main games that don't vibe with me are II, XI, and XIV, namely in the latter two's case solely because I don't have time for MMO's in adult life.

I love XI but no longer have the time for it I pop on every once in a while to solo shit that you aren't supposed to solo. Usually on Pld/Nin or Pld/Rdm depends on what I'm fighting. I still have an active XIV account but don't log on outside of keeping my FC house active so it doesn't get auto demolished. Don't have time with work so I can relate to the adulting. I think XI is the best FF since VI but like you said they always switch up and taste varies. It is the last FF where the jobs felt like they were supposed to in my opinion.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I love XI but no longer have the time for it I pop on every once in a while to solo shit that you aren't supposed to solo. Usually on Pld/Nin or Pld/Rdm depends on what I'm fighting. I still have an active XIV account but don't log on outside of keeping my FC house active so it doesn't get auto demolished. Don't have time with work so I can relate to the adulting. I think XI is the best FF since VI but like you said they always switch up and taste varies. It is the last FF where the jobs felt like they were supposed to in my opinion.

I played XI back in the day long enough to gain a sub class, but I fell off shortly after that. Don't think there was some big occurrence or something that made me decide to quit, but....

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
My favourites are v,vi,vii,ix,x, viir.

I think I've accepted this as a character action game and hope it's good.

I don't understand the gushing over it at all...but open to hearing the positives and negatives once the dust settles.

I get it's being hyped due to it being playstations only exclusive for this year before spider man....but I'm hoping it is actually good.

Seriously the people that say games like this and Spider-Man 2 look bad what games are you playing???

All current gen games need to look like that matrix tech demo apparently. It really screwed with people's expectations. Even PS6 won't have visuals like that in an actual full game. Unless you want them to spend 10 years developing it.

Last edited:

FingerBang

I would expect the demo to drop in the next couple of weeks. Should be the same demo of the first preview hands-on, so don't expect anything new.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Chrono Cross looks better than all modern games though.
Can't beat pre rendered backgrounds and best in class art direction
42ab9831ea82c8283689e8e8a192170523717e5d.gif

864b17b5791b358ffb66e0c27d43740a82d0b906.gifv
Back when Square was "Soft" and had a strong vision.

Now it's only money that guides them. Nothing else.

Madflavor

Since I saw some concerns about enemies taking forever to kill, Mr Happy claims that in B-roll footage enemies HP seem modified (probably to demonstrate Clive's abilities without immediately melting them), but in his personal playthrough of the preview, enemies went down much faster.

Here's a clip that more accurately depicts enemy HP:

Last edited:
Top Bottom