• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XVI Launch Trailer SALVATION Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Final Trailer for XVI has been released:

“We don’t need your salvation. We’ll save ourselves. And we’ll do it on our own terms.” Clive Rosfield and his allies fight to take back control of their fate. What salvation can they bring to Valisthea, a land blessed by the light of the Mothercrystals?

Last edited:
Looks like medieval FF15, and that's not a criticism as I thought FF15 looked great. It will all come down to whether or not Squeenix can still tell a competent story.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I mean, they're both action games.

The difference is that Dragon's Dogma actually looks fun, and has much more going for.
I mean you have a DMC/Asura's Wrath clone and Dark Fantasy Zelda RPG adventure. Dogma is going to be more replayable.

FFXVI has big shoes to fill and I don't think it's going to scratch the FF itch people are still clamoring for since the beginning of FFXIII.

The only big FF game people seem to like has been FFVIIR.

I think SE has lost what made Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy.

Such a shame that the only franchise from Square I look forward to is Dragon Quest.

[Sigma]

We ready!!
giphy.gif

Hi everyone! It’s that time again, for me to whine about the same thing.

I saw even more footage of scenes of in-engine assets drenched in CGI effects. The sparkles in that last shot, the plumes, the water trails by the boat in the ocean, the icicle effects, most of the explosions, etc.

Why? It’s not “the power of the PS5,” and everyone can see that there’s certain scenes that look better than others anyway. I mean the difference between a regular cutscene and the Shiva Vs Titan scenes is night and day.

Why not have scenes that are 100% handled by your INTERNAL CG STUDIO. Why. WHY.

E50Jein.jpg

OAZY51J.jpg

0is3bem.jpg

Goodbye gorgeous CG cinematics, until FFVII Rebirth.

K2D

Banned
Hope the writing in this is good and it is received well by gamers so I can force myself to play another action RPG..

Screenshot-2021-05-31-120042.jpg
FF16.jpg

ffxvi-clive.jpg

I can’t see a difference 😍😍😍😍

I know a bunch of people are gonna reply to this saying “ACTUALLY I THINK Clive looks better in these,” “ummm CG ruins immersion,” “ummm actually CG cutscenes suck because there has been ONE game in recent memory, FFVIIR, where there was a discrepancy in art styles between in-game and CG models,” “ummm disc space,” “ummmm no one uses CG anymore except Blizzard, Activision, Bungie, SEGA, Square Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, and some other companies,” etc. and idc. Just let me have my unhinged rant. Fine, take away party members, but you’re gonna take away my CG cutscenes, and you’re still gonna use your internal CG studio, but for a bunch of half-measure cutscenes so you can PR speak about the “power of the PS5”? Bye.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This trailer was dope:pie_starstruck: super hyped about the idea that a new mainline FF will be released in a matter of weeks and the team was able to fully create their vision without the development issues that ruined FFXIII and FFXV. Can't wait :messenger_smiling_hearts:
This must smoothest development cycle for mainline games since decades and Love devs's confidence in this game....you just love to see it.

Madflavor

My ONLY worry about 16 is that it will end up feeling too short. I can't wait for this game.

Takai said the Main Story is around 35 hours if that's all you do. But if you do everything it's supposed to be 80 hours. Yoshi-P mentioned almost all the side quests (barring hunts) are tied to the lore and main story some how, so doing side content will flesh out the story further. So I think if you take your time with it, it'll feel meaty enough.

Minsc

Gold Member
Have they confirmed there's fights in this game that take less than 5 minutes to finish? I kinda like one hitting enemies in my final fantasy games as you level up, but I feel like so much of what I've seen so far is summons clashing in cinematic effects, and even some regular battles they have to attack the enemy a number of times over a minute to stagger it then they need to attack it more while staggered to get its health down then they need to attack it again to finish it off. I just hope there's some stuff you can fight with your regular swords and win right away too, I worry it'll get tiresome to draw on the summons too often.

Madflavor

Hi everyone! It’s that time again, for me to whine about the same thing.

I saw even more footage of scenes of in-engine assets drenched in CGI effects. The sparkles in that last shot, the plumes, the water trails by the boat in the ocean, the icicle effects, most of the explosions, etc.

Why? It’s not “the power of the PS5,” and everyone can see that there’s certain scenes that look better than others anyway. I mean the difference between a regular cutscene and the Shiva Vs Titan scenes is night and day.

Why not have scenes that are 100% handled by your INTERNAL CG STUDIO. Why. WHY.

Top Bottom