• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
genjiZERO said:
RE5 isn't even out yet, so thus far it's only a potential game. I can't remember the last Capcom game that I thought was golden and immortal. Maybe RE4, but even it was developed for GC and then ported to PS2; that's not the same as co-development multiplatform (which is what I'm talking about).
If you say so...

Shearie

The Playstation brand is becoming more and more damaged with each passing exclusive title. This hurts Sony big time, can't spin that.

Yup! This is the reason I just recently threw away my PS3 for a 360. I'm thinking this is the best decision I have ever made!

Zoe

So now that there are two separate releases due to localization, does this mean that SE is open to releasing the game across two different fiscal years?

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Rahxephon91 said:
Yes because FFVII sold so bad.
Exactly, this one was supposed to be an Ultra 64/N64 exclusive. I have an official nintendo magazine issue that shows pictures of this game. And believe me we can all be glad that this game never saw the light of day on nintendo's n64.

Personally I think that MGS4 will be coming to 360 one of these days. Now that we can store our games on hdd. It should technically be possible.

In the end of the day it's all business. Where Sony won with there cd rom based console. ms will win with their priceless know how of community management, digital infrastructures and game making. Nintendo is way behind were digital infrastructure and comm management is concerned. But Nintendo has found other ways to innovate - like always.

Sony is barely scratching the surface with their digital infrastructure and comm management. Plus they are directly competing with xbox unlike Nintendo - which will have to in the near future because this wii thing ain't gonna last. They simply miss the know how, they need to in source it. MS doesn't. Xbox is here to stay and it might very well become to biggest distributor of digital content. They got nailed.

Look back. One has to go. Three is crowd!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Cdammen said:
So? It doesn't magically disappear on that format because it's simultaneously releasing on Xbox 360. Overreactions seems to be NeoGAF's fuel :p
Nah, I'd be pissed too if the 360 version was getting a Japanese release. There has been nothing of note released on the PS3 yet, and it's future is looking lamer by the moment. It's no big deal, but I could have bought a few more games and bottles of booze with the money I spent on my loud, fat PS2.

Vinci

Danish
TheKingOfSheep said:
Personally I think that MGS4 will be coming to 360 one of these days. Now that we can store our games on hdd. It should technically be possible.

Of course it's technically possible. Everything is pretty much technically possible; the only question is whether Konami wants to keep dropping buckets of money onto MGS4 or, you know, make something else for a while.

Beavertown

Garbage
Muppet345 said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

You are delusional if you think these situations are comparable. Nintendo and Sony are both Japanese companies. Microsoft is American. Why do you think the 360 has failed so bad while the PS3 was starting to make a comeback before this backstab? I am praying Sony will recover from this, because Square certainly isn't.

You're seriously fucked in the head.

Is there a confirmation of it being released at the same time for both consoles in NA/Europe? The way I am reading the announcement is that it's shipping on the 360 in NA/Europe simultaneously. It did not read as if PS3 and 360 where shipping in NA/Europe the same day, just 360. Am I wrong? It seems as if it will at least be a timed exclusive for PS3 in NA/Europe before the 360 version is done. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Shearie

Nah, I'd be pissed too if the 360 version was getting a Japanese release. There has been nothing of note released on the PS3 yet, and it's future is looking lamer by the moment. It's no big deal, but I could have bought a few more games and bottles of booze with the money I spent on my loud, fat PS2.

SAY IT BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I have both systems, and will wait to see reports before I buy XIII for either console....but man, I can't wait to see the SDF spin this. :lol

So realistic optimism for both 360 and PS3 owners when this drops is a bad thing? Yeah... I'll never get it. Well JRPG loving is coming home either way folks get psyched.

Xeke

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Totally disagree.
This is no MGS4 people in Japan have been waiting forever for FFXIII it is constantly at the top of Famitsu's
Most anticipated games section.

FFXII sold under 2.5 million in Japan. I mean it's obviously solid but it wont change the long run fortunes of the PS3 in Japan.

It has sold 2,322,329 according to Famistu.

linecomparegamejp.png

soldat7

Shearie said:
Yup! This is the reason I just recently threw away my PS3 for a 360. I'm thinking this is the best decision I have ever made!

Now that's something that I would never advocate. I think Sony has some unexpected cards of their own up their sleeves and you can't discount titles such as Little Big Planet.

zoku88

soldat7 said:
Now that's something that I would never advocate. I think Sony has some unexpected cards of their own up their sleeves and you can't discount titles such as Little Big Planet.
I'm sure he's joking. People don't throw away consoles just like that...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
ari said:
I really don't see a reason not to own a xbox 360. I really really don't.
Because I still have a PS3 and a decent PC. Still barely missing out on anything. I have to wait a bit longer for some games but in general I'm pretty golden. I certainly am not going to spend $300 for a few games and some convenience, especially when most of the "exclusives" just get released on the PC later with better graphics and more content.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently they are saying that they have no plans to release the game in Japan at the moment. I'd be pretty pissed if this is true. They have absolutely no reason not to release the game in Japan if they are making it for the hardware already. I hope they are just being vague to not anger Sony or something. Sega initially said that they had no plans to release Virtua Fighter 5 360 in Japan, but they eventually did. Hopefully FFXIII will follow a similar path.

bill0527

Muppet345 said:
You people misinterpret me.

It is not americans who will care about this change. I am personally importing the game from Osaka (the game will help the language classes i'm starting next semester), it's the Japanese people who will refuse to buy the game. And when the japanese don't buy it, square can't make games for the americans anymore. By catering to the americans Square is ending themselves.

Yeah, just look at Capcom as an example. Look how the Japanese turned on them for going multi-platform.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Vinci

Danish
lordg said:
So should I sell my ps3?

I wouldn't. I know once I buy one, I'm keeping it. I'd just know that the moment I got rid of it, Team ICO's game would be unveiled and I'd be crying in the dark later that night, feeling alone and frightened.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Muppet345 said:

uh... are you high? Serious question.

Sorry to tell you with that simple black and white explanation of Japanese culture this tells me a few things about you. You learned all you know about Japanese from video games, manga/anime, Shogun and The Last Samurai..

soldat7

BobsRevenge said:
Because I still have a PS3 and a decent PC. Still barely missing out on anything. I have to wait a bit longer for some games but in general I'm pretty golden. I certainly am not going to spend $300 for a few games and some convenience, especially when most of the "exclusives" just get released on the PC later with better graphics and more content.

Xbox Live is their trump card and it keeps getting better and better. Live is spanking every other online service out there and that includes any PC service. It's shocking how good Xbox Live really is....if you have friends with Live.

Home really has to deliver, it really does.

Shalashaska said:
No, you'll need something to play when your 360 red rings.

This is my reality right now. :)

Zilch said:
So who had a meltdown? Who got banned? I'm gonna read this thread later tonight but I want some spoilers now. :lol

I'm waiting for the search to come up so I can search for "FFXIII/360/Never" and see what magic appears.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Blackace said:

Sorry to tell you with that simple black and white explanation of Japanese culture this tells me a few things about you. You learned all you know about Japanese from video games, manga/anime, Shogun and The Last Samurai..
Don't worry, he always has the "I was just mocking the Japanophiles!" defense.

zoku88

soldat7 said:
Xbox Live is their trump card and it keeps getting better and better. Live is spanking every other online service out there and that includes any PC service. It's shocking how good Xbox Live really is....if you have friends with Live.

Home really has to deliver, it really does.
Sure...

acevans2

I would really prefer that the game be optimized completely for the system I'm playing it on, but whatever. As long as it's not jumping ship to be 360 exclusive, it doesn't affect me too much.

Zophar said:
Thanks for selling out your fanbase S-E. I poured probably thousands of dollars into your lap with your offerings on Sony platforms. Your support of the PS3 was instrumental in my purchasing one. Now you're murdering your flagship series for a quick cash grab. Why? Because you have no faith in your fans. Konami turned out all right with Metal Gear, what makes you think we'd be any different for motherfucking Final Fantasy? I and millions of others have rushed out to buy your major releases precisely at release time and time again. I'm certain many of us were still poised to do so, and still are.

I'm not happy that you drank the kool-aid. You had no reason to get into bed with Microsoft and take it this far.

uh...it's still on PS3.

ari said:
I really don't see a reason not to own a xbox 360. I really really don't.

ff13 is not the be all say all, its a punch in the gut for Sony but they do have a bunch of good shit coming out in the future. When God of War comes out you will see the people jump right back on the bandwagon.

Good news for 360 owners. Really, though, this news isn't all that surprising. I mean, Square needs to sell as many copies of XIII as possible given the game's development budget.

Muppet345

Blackace said:
Um, no. High on life, maybe

Blackace said:
No. I learned what I know about Japan from my friend Mark-san who teaches English in Japan, several Japanese culture classes (which I got all As in, and my teachers enjoyed me), and partaking in Japanese culture. So I know a lot.

LowParry

CosmicGroinPull said:
Seriously, I feel betrayed. The only way square/sony can make up for this is an exclusive slutty/ultra-slutty costumes for the PS3 version...

Or Sony just pony's up the cash and keep Versus exclusive to the PS3...but that seems doubtful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom