• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Snaku said:
b65w6d.jpg

We're not just doing this for money.

50fm88.jpg

We're not?

b65w6d.jpg

We're doing it for a shit load of money!
:lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So what's going happen here tomorrow, during the press conference when they One More Thing... and then FF 7 starts playing?

On the DS.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fenderputty said:
Its definitely good for MS, Square and Gamer's (who aren't latched to Sony's peen).

Not so much so for Sony though :lol

I still can't believe Sony let this happen. Will this gen forever be remembered as the death of the 3rd party exclusive?
I don't get why everyone says that...or really cares for the most part. I mean, looking at the best games available this generation, there's really not very many that are not exclusives of some type.

I mean seriously, what are these top tier multi-platform games anyways? I don't see it that way at all.

Jumpman23

Private Hoffman said:
Anyway, I'm expecting another Square megaton at E3...

Kingom Hearts for the Wii.

I'd love to see it on the PS3...but my gut reaction tells me this is Wii exclusive.

One of my buddies said it best, "If Square-Enix makes this announcement tomorrow, Sony fanboys are headed for the cliffs".

I almost pissed myself after hearing that...:lol

hc2

From the PS3 forums and a little bit over the top :lol :
So, plain and simple, we know petitions don't work at all; so, what do we do?....
exactly, the only mature thing to do:

We crash ALL of MS and square-enix servers for a week (or a lot of weeks if you guy are committed). So we should organize a Crash MS and Square movement, we should all go every 10 minutes to their websites and if we get access go to their 'contact us' section and tell them to f**k off and to leave FFXIII as exclusive.
We probably won't change their mind but at least they would really see an impact and not just a stupid list that they probably wouldn't even look at.

We should send a lot of emails to all their administartors, customer service, ... etc.

I know, I know, this is childish, so what, if they can be f****ed up why can't we be childish; it's all business after all, we learned from them.

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=153168

And you all thought NeoGAF overreacted. :D

Melchiah

Amir0x said:
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play MGS4. Which will also come to 360 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

Yeah right. MGS4 & FFXIII were the only exclusives to buy a PS3 for. There just isn't anything else worthwhile. Why don't you take your X-marked fanboy glasses off for a while.

PusherT

Will Nintendo get any of this FFXIII love? I think any of the FFXIII games SE has in production would sell gang busters on the Wii in Japan.

Nolan.

Man God said:
So what's going happen here tomorrow, during the press conference when they One More Thing... and then FF 7 starts playing?

On the DS.

:( everything seems possible now, the gates have been opened.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mmmkay said:
I felt a bit sad staring at all the nice CGI in the new trailer and thinking "how the hell can this game ever be profitable". I blame Pachter.
I'm quite happy the right choices were made at Square Enix so they could enable this lavish production and ensure that further games of this nature would continue to be developed. Turning the Crystal Tools set into a multi-platform engine early on and deciding to release the game for a platform with a much larger install base was the right choice. It is unfortunate that the emotion of the event has swept up so many of us that this obvious business decision isn't as clear as it should be among the general gaming populace.

Holy shit, just got home from work and I see this. GIGATON :lol

I can´t believe. There were some fanboys that were so sure it was never going to be on the 360... :lol :lol :lol

WOW i just saw this on g4's coverage of microsoft's press conference. i was not expecting this especially when they announced those first three titles, but then the president of square enix came back and got me really excited!

edit: especially since i do not own either a 360 or ps3, this has become a major factor in my decision if i ever buy on console this gen.

Tr4nce

WTF???! I just logged in and I see this shit??? What the fuck Sony?? Final Fantasy going multiplatform?? Oh man. No words... Don't wanna sound like a bitch, but Final Fantasy has always felt like a Playstation frenchise to me. Whoa, this is so weird.

Rpgmonkey

It's funny how these things cause tons of crap for hours.

Then a few days (maybe just a day) later no one cares anymore.

Life is funny.

1stStrike

Banned
*looks at the xbox 360 controller*

*looks at final fantasy*

*looks back at the xbox 360 controller*

As much as I hate to involve myself in any of this, I do have to admit it does seem pretty out of place.

mr stroke

Melchiah said:
Yeah right. MGS4 & FFXIII were the only exclusives to buy a PS3 for. There just isn't anything else worthwhile. Why don't you take your X-marked fanboy glasses off for a while.
+1

I agree its pretty much over for Sony and the #3 spot is now sold to Sony. but they still have so much great stuff coming out..

Melchiah said:

Wow, only just saw Amir0x's post through your quote.

He really said that? shit.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's safe to say MS has achieved their aim. Even when Sony eventually overtakes them worldwide, they will have cut the margin so significantly, that the next generation will be VERY interesting.

The PS3 still has some amazing games in it's stable. I'm playing the shit out of echochrome at the moment. Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone 2 (if it's good), LBP, Jak (when it comes) plus others.

Sony's FAR from dead, but I'm glad MS has struck back at Nintendo and Sony when they were really starting to look down and out. It's more fun this way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
avaya said:
Maybe it's time for Sony to evaluate the worth of their 10% stake in Square.
Who knows how much it was worth anyways given that Square's track record of late has hardly been staggering. Let's see; an online RPG, an underwhelming Final Fantasy XII, and a lot of repackaged gameboy/DS ports. I didn't have all that high of hopes for FFXIII anyways, given how little fun for my money Square has provided in the last 5 years.

Red Scarlet

Tr4nce said:
WTF???! I just logged in and I see this shit??? What the fuck Sony?? Final Fantasy going multiplatform?? Oh man. No words... Don't wanna sound like a bitch, but Final Fantasy has always felt like a Playstation frenchise to me. Whoa, this is so weird.

FF1 was released on the MSX like a year after the Famicom (and still before the US release). Multi-platform FF is not a new concept at all. In fact, it's about 20 years old.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
avaya said:
why? Square Enix seems pretty profitable to me. (and I doubt think it is 10% anymore ever since the merger)

so they are going to sit on the PS3 NA and Eu versions till the 360 version is completed?

they say 360 development will be started when localization is completed....2010 release confirmed?

tehbear

avaya said:

Though shouldn't they make a nice bit of cash from the increased sales?

The better idea is to

1. Wait for dividend payments in the wake of FF13.
2. Buyout Square, cancel all DS / MS titles.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Squash

The weirdest thing to me is the timing of this announcement. Does it suggest that FF13 will be done before the next E3 (for Japan at least) so they had to make this announcement for this E3 rather than 2009? I mean from what has been said, production on the 360 version hasn't, and won't be started for awhile.

Azzurri

I love how so many Sony fanboys are complaining and crying; Jesus people it's just video games, get a fucking grip.

jaaz

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I wouldn't go that far, but it's safe to say MS has achieved their aim. Even when Sony eventually overtakes them worldwide, they will have cut the margin so significantly, that the next generation will be VERY interesting.

The PS3 still has some amazing games in it's stable. I'm playing the shit out of echochrome at the moment. Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone 2 (if it's good), LBP, Jak (when it comes) plus others.

Sony's FAR from dead, but I'm glad MS has struck back at Nintendo and MS when they were really starting to look down and out. It's more fun this way.

Please don't bring common sense and calm to this thread. You will interfere with all of the hilarious "Sony is teh doomed" threads from the MS fanbois.

Nolan.

Melchiah said:

I'm not meaning to be rude but I have a question. What are the other things that are almost certain to bring consumers in.? Or what are the others worth owning from a consumers point of view.

el Diablo

Banned
Man God said:

On the DS.

To be honest there's a sick part of me that REALLY hopes something like this happens. FFVII for the DS and the next KH for the Wii. All kinds of franchises that used to be Sony staples going to other systems. I paid $599 for a PS3 but at this point i've already accepted that it was a very very poor investment so i'd love to see Sony just go down in flames due to their arrogance.

matticus

Amir0x said:
Hey whatever you think!

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a PS3 over a 360 (except BLU-RAY LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was PS3.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

Now there's an unbiased opinion from your friendly neighborhood mod!

BitchTits

Just asking for speculative answers, but is it likely that the 360 version would be mult-disc, and PS3 1 bluray? Because that would be a PS3 version seller for me.

Timbuktu

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Sony's FAR from dead, but I'm glad MS has struck back at Nintendo and MS when they were really starting to look down and out. It's more fun this way.

I think it's pretty clear that performance doesn't carry over from generation to generation and in the grand scheme of things at the moment, I don't see any of this really changing much. The tide is pretty much set.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Holy freaking crap @ Amir0x.

I never, ever knew how much of a complete fanboy you have truely become. MGS4 to 360? That's like the oldest fanboy wet dream in the book.

WOW.

Dragon

Banned
BitchTits said:
Just asking for speculative answers, but is it likely that the 360 version would be mult-disc, and PS3 1 bluray? Because that would be a PS3 version seller for me.

Considering the other entries from Japanese RPG developers on the 360, I'd say yes. But you can always change your version once more information becomes available.

duk

Banned
BitchTits said:

doesn't matter u can install the full game into 360's hdd now and play it from there without the disk having to spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom