• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
a1m said:
Fuck you SE, fuck you.
1957506271088f3bf41ij0.jpg

:lol :lol

Torquill

BruceLeeRoy said:
I am really happy Versus is still ps3 exclusive really for no other reason than to see what a
completely ps3 focused engine by square could do.

Pretty sure both FFXIII and FXIII versus are using Crystal Tools, which S-E made to run on both PS3 and 360 hardware.

Could still be some hardware specific features though /shrug. But that being the case there's no reason FFXIII wouldn't still use those features on the PS3.

drohne said:
i'm not going to say 'don't overreact,' because you're the internet and this is what you do -- but how many people believed yesterday that ff13 was going to put ps3 over the top outside japan? what has actually changed?

multiplatform gives ff13 a better chance of making money -- which is great for everyone who likes actual games. but i don't see its decisive impact on TEH CONSOLE WARS.

Agreed. The hyperbole in this thread is just ridiculous.

stalker said:
Dumb question: what if the japanese PS3 release has english localization?

This would make me sad since that's about the only way I'd have to retire my poem:

A million seller
on PS3: almost like
waiting for Godot

Kolgar

CcrooK said:
The first 20 minutes or so felt so rushed with the demos. I was sad to see RE5 get cut short as well. Then the whole middle what the utter shit. Seriously. You can't deny that. But the end made up for it. It was a good conference but not the best.

No, this conference is exactly what Microsoft and 360 needed.

People have been mocking 360 for years, calling it "the shooter console" and the choice of bald space marines. Clearly, MS needed to do something about that and now they are. Even if it does mean taking a few pages out of Nintendo's playbook.

If MS can increase 360's appeal to a wider audience with games like Lips and You're in the Movies, it's good for them and good for us. More 360 consoles sold means more potential game buyers and just maybe a few "casual" 360 owners will take a liking to the more traditional (hardcore) Xbox fare.

I love me some Gears 2, but I'm actually interested in something like Lips. Bring me the best of both worlds and let me choose what I want to buy. 360 is a platform that can do this; whereas Wii isn't liable to bring me many experiences like Halo or Mass Effect.

pulga

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Say it with me peoples...

Final Fantasy VII: Resurrection

Believe!

oh yes, surely SE is going to waste more resources, money and time on another ps3 exclusive :lol

USC-fan

Banned
tehbear said:
Technically it's still Sony's fault for not dominating the market share so Square doesn't have to do this!!! Blame Sony?
I don't give a fuck who fault this is, this is just fucking awful news. I been looking forward to this game for sooo long.

FFXIII on Xbox 360 means nothing. And IMO Versus XIII looks much more interesting.

Who needs another X-2 J-Pop gunshit anyway?!

Wait until tomorrow, GAF.

Nolan.

chespace said:
Talked to a bunch of my contacts over at Sony today and none of them saw this coming.

I'm pretty surprised news of this magnitude did not leak or reach Sony's ears.

Still, we should expect good things out of Sony tomorrow. They're not one to sit back on their laurels after E3 2006.

Square back stabbing whores confirmed! haha I don't believe Sony never knew. Thats just crazy. Whats going on at Sony, obviously the re-structure hasn't done much good.

Loudninja

Still they did not show any gameplay footage,damn them.

Edit: ahahah some of you guys need to calm down,whats wrong with 360 owners getting the change to play this great series?

ari

Banned
fortified_concept said:
MS conderefence right until the FFXIII announcement was fucking awful and everyone will tell you this even the biggest X360 fans.
The only dreadful parts i cringe at was the mii-too shit and the casual shit. To say that it was god awful is like saying your not bias towards sony anyhow. E3 press conferences was always held for whats been announced. And guess what, MS knock some shit out of the park. Completely out of the park.

Busty

Banned
gregor7777 said:
And a new contestant for most butt hurt appears.

Really man, that's fucking lame.

Well I'd have a made a light hearted comment about the lady in your life if I thought for one second a woman would actually talk to you.

Frankly, if I had a tag like yours the last thing I'd be mentioning in my posts was 'butt hurt'.

Wouldn't you agree?

chespace said:
Talked to a bunch of my contacts over at Sony today and none of them saw this coming.

I'm pretty surprised news of this magnitude did not leak or reach Sony's ears.

Still, we should expect good things out of Sony tomorrow. They're not one to sit back on their laurels after E3 2006.

Do you frequently rub elbows with the top brass at Sony?

C'mon. Dude. Get real.

zoku88

Xeke said:
Dragon Quest X Wii. Believe.
That would make me happy. I rather like main entry of the series being on a console, no matter which one it is (maybe, except 360 since I don't have one :lol :lol )

How did Relix know about this ahead of time? He kept saying it over and over in the IRC channel like 10 minutes before the bomb dropped.

FrankT

nib95 said:
If they delay the US/PAL PS3 version till the 360 port is ready that will be a piss take, but honestly, I can't see them doing that.

1:01 - They are "ready to start" developing FF XIII. So first they will complete the PS3 version in Japan, then start a localization for the US and Europe while they start development on the 360 version.

1:03 - The PS3 and the 360 versions will be released simultaneously in the US and Europe, but not Japan.

http://games.ign.com/articles/889/889001p1.html

Nothing else to say about it so just stop. They are day and date in the US and Europe per SE.

Xamdou

Bought the PS3 mainly for FF13 2 weeks ago and now it's on 360 as well... kinda regretted buying a PS3 a bit but MGS4 + BLu-Ray I don't feel so bad.

Awesome news for 360 fans with no PS3 but for those with both platforms we just have to wait it out to see which version performs better ;o

Busty said:
Well I'd have a made a light hearted comment about the lady in your life if I thought for one second a woman would actually talk to you.

Frankly, if I had a tag like yours the last thing I'd be mentioning in my posts was 'butt hurt'.

Wouldn't you agree?

I'm married, her pic is in the Post pics - do it thread lol. I'm sure comments like I quoted are doing really well for you in that department.

And I assume you didn't actually click on my tag or read that thread.

So yeah, I think I got you right on the first shot.

godhandiscen said:
No.

It was embarrassing to see the executives demonstrate certain things, but it had already delivered for me.
Think about this:

Rock Band 2 timed exclusive.
5 player coop Gears of War 2 WTF!!?!? I never saw that! holy shit
Exclusive DLC Fallout 3
NetFlix DL at no extra cost.
Dashboard remake. (ignore the avatars)
LIPS uses your zune/ipod tracks.
Geo Wars 2 next month
Galaga remake
Banjo XBLA

The FFXIII announcement was just for the lulz.

That's what I was thinking. There's some major damage control going on from the Nintendo and Sony camps all over this forum. It's quite hilarious.

The killer so far, is Nintendo fans calling 1:1 motion controls a megaton and 'game over' :lol

This is quite easily MS' E3 unless Sony announces Halo 3 for PS3. :lol

pretty surprising...if the 360 starts after the ps3 Im not to bothered. If the game doesn't really impress me graphically though (the trailer has old footage) I will be pissed.

dabig2

Okay, honest question. Did Sony piss off SE at some point?

Star Ocean 4: 360 exclusive

Last Remnant: originally announced as a simultaneous PS3/360 in both Japan and North America. Now it's just 360 for this year while being simultaneously released in Japan, North America and Europe

Infinite Undiscovery: 360 exclusive and releasing simultaneous in all regions in the fall

FF13- we all know what went on there...

btkadams

Soul4ger said:
HELLO AND WELCOME TO KONAMI HOW CAN WE TAKE YOUR ORDER?

This is just further proof that Kojima and Konami's insistence on making MGS4 exclusive to PS3 is stupid from a business perspective. I'm sure it makes some people happy, but they would've recouped a lot more of those dev costs with a cheap port. Oh, well.
quit crying about mgs4 and buy a ps3 if you want it so bad. nobody but konami should care about their "bad business decisions".

Nolan.

gofreak said:
Counter by doing..what..exactly?

There's very little room for shock value.

What they can and should do is stick a FFXIII trailer in amongst the many other games they show, and continue to highlight their PS3-onlys.

Microsoft didn't show too many new games, or a plethora of stand-out exclusives, so that's the playing field Sony should compete on.

The thing is if they start showing new stuff again I think it might not do good for the longterm. I mean Ms seems to have taken the stance of only ever showing games they are almost certain will make it within the year. Sony seems all about ''date unknown but here is what you can have some day''. Which is better I don't know. Though if you keep showing new things in advance and they take a while to come it's going to have consequences. People are going to keep expecting to see new things all the time.

szaromir

Banned
Kbsmoker said:
I don't give a fuck who fault this is, this is just fucking awful news. I been looking forward to this game for sooo long.
So now you're not interested in the game itself? PS fanboys are the best of a kind.:lol

jacobs34

Nervous Hamster said:
FFXIII on Xbox 360 means nothing. And IMO Versus XIII looks much more interesting.

Who needs another X-2 J-Pop gunshit anyway?!

Wait until tomorrow, GAF.

I come for the news, stay for the trolls. God bless E3 and God bless Gaf!

rykomatsu

btkadams said:
quit crying about mgs4 and buy a ps3 if you want it so bad. nobody but konami should care about their "bad business decisions".

and their shareholders? (are they publically traded on the Nikkei?)

this news is really hard to stomach for me, I grew up with FF on Sony, purchased a ps3 pretty much for it and MGS4 and now its going green? I know ps3 will still carry the game and I will still buy it for the ps3 but it just doesn't feel right on the 360.

Busty

Banned
gofreak said:
Counter by doing..what..exactly?

There's very little room for shock value.

Agreed. Realistically, I don't see what Sony can have that has the shocking headline grabbing power of FF XIII on 360.

Somewhat ironically the most shocking thing that Sony can do to counter this announcement is have Kaz walk out on stage and say..

"...fuck SE and their fucking game...."

And then walk out off again leaving the whole audience chanting "KAZ, KAZ, KAZ, KAZ" Jerry Springer style for the next hour.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jetjevons said:
The conference was awful. The content shown was not.

In the first collection of games, it was great.

But precious few new exclusives (outside of the XBLA stuff) were announced. Portal was their biggie, really. Mix that with the presentation quality, and people wanted to be put out of their misery in the conference thread. Until wada-am-bomb-droppen, of course ;)

Dragon

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
That's what I was thinking. There's some major damage control going on from the Nintendo and Sony camps all over this forum. It's quite hilarious.

The killer so far, is Nintendo fans calling 1:1 motion controls a megaton and 'game over' :lol

Hey console warz shitheads, stop it. This thread is about my poor FFXIII :(

dabig2 said:

Last Remnant: originally announced as a simultaneous PS3/360 in both Japan and North America. Now it's just 360 for this year while being simultaneously released in Japan, North America and Europe

Infinite Undiscovery: 360 exclusive and releasing simultaneous in all regions in the fall

It's all about the money man. 360 owners buy games in droves. That's all there is to it.

Game companies want game sales.

DrGAKMAN said:
You know who you're talkin' to boy!

He may know a bunch of developer friends at Sony. But what do they know?

I don't think he called up Kaz Hirai and asked him whether or not Sony was aware of this. Even if he did, it's not like Sony would acknowledge it.

It was definitely a surprise for the internets, but I'm sure Sony knew about it.

I thought the conference from top to bottom was excellent. EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. The dash, Avatars and new content has me excited about the 360 all over again. I'm REALLY digging the new dash and so called Mii-Too's. FFXIII was the icing on the cake. MS hit a grand slam in yankee stadium and its Game 7.

Fall Update needs to come now.

Moray

dabig2 said:

It's not about companies pissing each other off, it's all business. Sony's marketshare isn't what it was last generation.

Quazar

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Indeed. They covered both the hardcore fans on 360 and the casual front. But PC might win for me if DA gameplay is shown. :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Private Hoffman said:
Do you frequently rub elbows with the top brass at Sony?

C'mon. Dude. Get real.

Just offering some anecdotal evidence from the guys at Sony's shipping and receiving dept. that I chat with regularly. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom