• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH - Theme Song Trailer | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

The highly anticipated new standalone story in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII remake project will release on February 29th, 2024 for the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console.Theme Song 「No Promises to Keep」----------------------------------------------------------------Music: Nobuo UematsuVocals: Loren AllredLyrics: Kazushige NojimaLyrics Translation: Ben Sabin, Matt FurdaArrangement & Synthesizer Programming: Tsutomu Narita

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
FF7 Remake Writing:

James Franco GIF

YukiOnna

Didn't watch, but enjoyed the song!

Message from Nomura regarding the Trailer:
“This video is the long version of the FFVII Rebirth theme song announcement trailer shown just now at The Game Awards. The trailer was edited to strongly focus on the story and characters, but there is still so much more to show, so watch out for future updates.” – Tetsuya Nomura

Key Visual and accompanying message:
"I chose to create an image that depicts each member dealing with their own thoughts and emotions as they look out into the world, towards the unknown journey to come. See for yourself how these fated travellers face down the destiny that awaits them." - Tetsuya Nomura

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yo', this shit continues to look GREAT.

Dyne, Dio, Madam M, Jessie, Biggs, Zack, Forgotten Capital, Haunted Hotel and the play, Andrea, Cid, Vincent, the Tiny Bronco, Titan, Phoenix, the Cargo Ship, the gondola, just....

Awesome

Reactions: Isa

Zathalus

Are people serious getting mad that somebody said that Aerith dies? How the fuck would somebody not know that? It is the most iconic scene from one of the most popular games of all time that released over 20 years ago. Besides, it probably doesn't even happen in this game, considering it's not really a remake.

Edit: Actually, play the original if you are enjoying the remake because it was obvious from the first one this remake is involving some time travel or alternative universe fuckery. It will give you a greater appreciation for the story.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Are people serious getting mad that somebody said that Aerith dies? How the fuck would somebody not know that? It is the most iconic scene from one of the most popular games of all time that released over 20 years ago. Besides, it probably doesn't even happen in this game, considering it's not really a remake.

Edit: Actually, play the original if you are enjoying the remake because it was obvious from the first one this remake is involving some time travel or alternative universe fuckery. It will give you a greater appreciation for the story.
Original is a must, not just for the story, but that its one of the most complete games ever made.

Man.. looks good. Cid, Dyne.. stuff! I wish so hard they hadn't bungled first Remake. Was my most anticipated game for a long time and this would have me ready to explode if I didn't expect some fuckery already because of it.

Mr.ODST

Cannot wait .... I just need two more trophies for the plat for Remake but fml the final challenge is ridiculous

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Gonna make a wild prediction. Cloud dies saving "you know who" (quotes for the cavemen that apparently don't know anything about FF7 lore) and the other "you know who-who Cloud is just like"
(🤦) somehow lives and takes his place.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Gold Saucer dates lol

EN_04_ff7rebirth_SS_1208_World-hsibm3mj5.jpeg

EN_05_ff7rebirth_SS_1208_World-vpon3zb78.jpeg

EN_06_ff7rebirth_SS_1208_World-mg1njftgz.jpeg

EN_07_ff7rebirth_SS_1208_World-onekhykht.jpeg

A theatrical production based on the classic epic poem Loveless.
It depicts a hero's fight against the Dragon King, the tyrannical ruler of Guardia, as well as his love for Princess Rosa.
Thanks to the latest in VR technology, the Gold Saucer's Golden Theatre brings this play to life like never before. Depending on your relationship with your fellow theatergoers, the person playing Rosa may even change - along with parts of the script.

The iconic shot

GA1gK4TaAAEED4x

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Good trailer, but Cid's voice acting in English seems meh and that theme song is absolute dogshit.

If that play that song during her death rather than Aerith theme then all hope is truly lost.

There's like....approaching zero chance they'd replace the music in that scene. Final Fantasy games, by norm at least, typically never have Theme songs with vocals competing over dialogue heavy scenes.

Second, the song, just from the minute and a half played at TGA, is built upon Aerith's leitmotif in part at the very least. It's dogshit? Bruh, it was composed by the same guy who wrote Aerith's theme.

Moving nicely into my third point - Uematsu themes almost *always* tie into the DNA of the OST they belong to, almost becoming anchor points and turning the soundtracks into concept albums. See - Yuna's Theme/Suteki Da Ne, 1,000 Words in X-2, Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life in VIII and IX, etc. It's going to be a present motif throughout the soundtrack, but I bet my avatar it won't replace that scene.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
There's like....approaching zero chance they'd replace the music in that scene. Final Fantasy games, by norm at least, typically never have Theme songs with vocals competing over dialogue heavy scenes.

Second, the song, just from the minute and a half played at TGA, is built upon Aerith's leitmotif in part at the very least. It's dogshit? Bruh, it was composed by the same guy who wrote Aerith's theme.

Moving nicely into my third point - Uematsu themes almost *always* tie into the DNA of the OST they belong to, almost becoming anchor points and turning the soundtracks into concept albums. See - Yuna's Theme/Suteki Da Ne, 1,000 Words in X-2, Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life in VIII and IX, etc. It's going to be a present motif throughout the soundtrack, but I bet my avatar it won't replace that scene.

And I doubt that scene plays out the way it did in the original.

Go_Ly_Dow

Too bad there's no Japanese version of the song. I don't like how the words are forced into the melody in English.
Yeah its a strange one. If it was just credits music that's one thing, but considering its sung by the characters in the game it will be jarring for those playing in Japanese.

Boneless

All the legendary composers have strong discrepancies in their quality of output. Also, composing is one thing, the singing and the lyrics are another. I can see the song fitting, if they go for the Kingdom Hearts style again this time, which is likely and is equally dogshit.

It reminds me of Stand By Me in FFXV, which was also a horrible misfit.

sigmaZ

Yeah its a strange one. If it was just credits music that's one thing, but considering its sung by the characters in the game it will be jarring for those playing in Japanese.
Is it actually song in game? Yeah. That will be a bit odd lol

Lethal01

Lol you guys can't be serious.

Hey I got some other spoilers for you too. In Jurassic Park 1993 the Raptors can open doors. Jaws attacks the boat. Superman is actually Clark Kent. Rosebud was the name of his sled. The fucking earth is round and water is wet.

This game is bringing in tons of people that never played the OG angd may even not have been rpg fans, its a bad time to be sending spoilers around.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
All the legendary composers have strong discrepancies in their quality of output. Also, composing is one thing, the singing and the lyrics are another. I can see the song fitting, if they go for the Kingdom Hearts style again this time, which is likely and is equally dogshit.

It reminds me of Stand By Me in FFXV, which was also a horrible misfit.

I don't even know where to start here, so I won't.

But I read your response!

Top Bottom