• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: PS5 download size looks to be a whopping 145.250GB

sigmaZ

Animated GIF
Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

For funsies here's top 5 largest games on PS5 by storage size:
  1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - 235 GB ( Call of Duty HQ + MW3 campaign + Multiplayer + Zombies)
  2. Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - 175 GB
  3. NBA 2K24 - 161 GB
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 148 GB
  5. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - 145 GB

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I downloaded ARK yesterday morning on the Xbox and it was 150 GB.

This just tells me that FF7 isn’t as good as ARK.

Obviously joking

For funsies here's top 5 largest games on PS5 by storage size:
  1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - 235 GB ( Call of Duty HQ + MW3 campaign + Multiplayer + Zombies)
  2. Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - 175 GB
  3. NBA 2K24 - 161 GB
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 148 GB
  5. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - 145 GB
How big is Ark with all the dlc maps? I bet thats number 1

How big would Destiny 2 be if Bungie didn’t keep cutting content out?
Very rough calculation for the PS4/PS5 version:

120 GB pre content vaulting
70 GB after content vaulting
140 GB current size
------------------------------
190 GB with all content included in the game

Last edited:
I finally finished FF7 remake. Even with all of its flaws(level design, side quests, invisible barriers), it is still a a very good game. Rebirth seems to fix all of the issues I had with remake. Really could be an all-time RPG

Yamisan

Thats nothing, you can get a good 2tb ssd for ps5 with heat sink for under $200. Call of Duty games are the same size if not larger. OP just wanting to make a post to make a post.

Go_Ly_Dow

At the end of the final game, I wanna see a photo of the gang 10 years later, with Cloud proudly standing behind his 3 wives, Aerith, Tifa and Jessie.

egac8936z5h91.jpg

saintjules

I pre-ordered from Amazon. Does this mean I won't get it until Saturday in the mail? So an entire morning of not being able to play? Or will Amazon ship it early?

Might just go to Best Buy in the morning to pick it up early.

Do the Best Buy route. I see people always say they get games early from Amazon, but they're also known for being really late with their deliveries.

If you're in no rush, that's one thing. But if you want to play at launch, get it at Best Buy. Or Target. Or Walmart. Or GameStop.

Top Bottom