• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nankatsu

So when is Square Enix launching Queens Blood to smartphones?

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Traversing in this game is so fucking dogshit awfull.

I had to restart god of war ragnarok just to make sure how fucking sheit and backwards ass 2 gens ago the movement and jumping in ff7 is

I like the game.. materia system and all.
But traveling and climbing so sooo shjeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiit

Last edited:

Nankatsu

You can't customize the synergize skills shortcuts? I'm confused because you can set the shortcuts for skills in combat settings, but the synergy part doesn't allow me too.

I managed to complete all Hard Mode minigames, maxing out my Party Level. Goddamn that 4th Brutal VR mission is such bullshit. Sadistic fucking assholes putting a Joker and Tonberry King as the 10th round. That is a fight that can easily go south in a matter of seconds, even if you're playing well.
Put one of them to sleep (tonberry) while you defeat the Joker.

I'm having trouble now with the last Brutal bout.. but can feel myself getting closer. At least it's shorter time sink than earlier ones.

Only one legendary completed and that's Cloud. Going to be tough for me to do some of my least preferred characters like Cait Sith. But it must be done.

I only just now realized that characters in your party on the Overworld still gain AP with their equipped materia even if they aren't in the main party. That makes perfect sense since they are literally in every battle just wandering around in the background but if I had realized that from the start of the game most of my material would be maxed by now instead of having some stragglers with massive AP requirements. Most of the time I just kept them empty.

Last edited:

SCB3

Wow, just got to the part in Chapter 12 where

Aerith Sings in the play

I will admit, it almost, almost got me shedding a tear

Dundar

You can't customize the synergize skills shortcuts? I'm confused because you can set the shortcuts for skills in combat settings, but the synergy part doesn't allow me too.
You can switch offensive and defensive.
But the actual commands are linked to the character on the actual party so that's pretty much non-configurable.

TheAssist

I'm on Chapter 12 and the last chapter was really good, I wasn't a fan of Cait Sith in the OG, but he's been redeemed a bit here, almost makes up for Sora... I mean Red XIII, I also don't see the issue with Cid? The part at the end of Chapter 11 felt like a Indiana Jones scene and isn't that partly what Cid is? An Adventurer

I will however say that Vincent not being playable kinda sucks though, I was looking forward to him as I was a fan of Dirge of Cerberus
Thats Funny. I think a lot of people would say that this is arguably the weakest chapter and I dont know single person who actually enjoyed Dirge haha.

But good to know people like you actually exist :messenger_peace:

SCB3

Thats Funny. I think a lot of people would say that this is arguably the weakest chapter and I dont know single person who actually enjoyed Dirge haha.

But good to know people like you actually exist :messenger_peace:
I went through a spell when Advent Children released where I was obsessed with FF, especially 7 and X, keep in mind I've not played it since 2005 so its probably shit lol

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Damn I thought my 42 hours at chapter 7 was bad.

I'm living in this game, lmfao. I know what the wait is gonna be like for part 3, so I'm going slow as I can. Downside was basically steamrolling the boss at the end of chapter 2, but whatever, being able to basically melt orcs was cool.

Markio128

Gold Member
Gongaga mind blown again. 🤯
Just recently arrived there myself - it is quite the change from the Corel area! The variation in environments is crazy. I’ve only 100% the grasslands area, so I’ve got absolutely loads to do in the areas between the grasslands and Gongaga. I can’t help but be pushed along by the story tbh - it’s been great fun so far.

TheAssist

Question. Why aerith likes Turks?
Like what are we doing here. They try to kill you all the time but then the team feels bad for them ?!
Its a bit of a complicated relationship. Its explained in crisis core. They never try to kill her or anything like that. Shinra views Aerith as a company asset and hence the Turks are supposed to protect her until Shinra needs her again.

The Turks actually do save her from trouble from time to time, especially in her younger years. She knows that. They develop this ...I dont know, I dont think its Stockholm Syndrom, but similar. The Turks themselves arent responsible for what Shinra and Hojo did to her and her mother and Aerith is clever enough to separate the two. As is being said in Remake, they are not bad people, but people who have to do bad things.

And this being very Japanese anime, you have to accept that humans rarely kill other humans, they just "beat them up". The fight just symbolizes the inherent disagreement between the two parties :D. Which is why the Turks come back again and again
unless Cloud has a one of his bad days and Tifa is not around to stop him

I think its a very interesting dynamic. Same goes for the Rude and Tifa thing.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Put one of them to sleep (tonberry) while you defeat the Joker.

I'm having trouble now with the last Brutal bout.. but can feel myself getting closer. At least it's shorter time sink than earlier ones.

Only one legendary completed and that's Cloud. Going to be tough for me to do some of my least preferred characters like Cait Sith. But it must be done.

I only just now realized that characters in your party on the Overworld still gain AP with their equipped materia even if they aren't in the main party. That makes perfect sense since they are literally in every battle just wandering around in the background but if I had realized that from the start of the game most of my material would be maxed by now instead of having some stragglers with massive AP requirements. Most of the time I just kept them empty.

Thanks, I did manage to beat them an hour ago. Just a pain in the ass fight.

Tiamat2san

Wow, just got to the part in Chapter 12 where

Aerith Sings in the play

I will admit, it almost, almost got me shedding a tear
Total opposite for me.
It’s boring and all these pointless QTE/minigames are killing the game.

I rarely had a love/hate relationship with a game but rebirth is like this.
It’s amazing and terrible at the same time.

rofif

Banned
Chapter 13 is such a slog. Never ending dungeon… and yeah let’s drop adamantium turtles on you who are easy but you have to hack at them for 10 minutes. Feels like an mmo. What were they thinking.
The drop in quality in last 25% of the game is immense. It’s just bloat. Like if 70h wasn’t enough. I am not done yet btw :p

rofif

Banned
Looks like honeymoon's over. There seemed to be a unanimous praise for this game. Now a lot of people are like, "I hated this, I hated that ..."

Still not deterred from buying it, though. I loved the Remake and I'm sure I'll love this one as well.
What honeymoon. The game is 70+ hours long. You didn’t see any negativity because first half is great. People need time to play the game

Madflavor

Looks like honeymoon's over. There seemed to be a unanimous praise for this game. Now a lot of people are like, "I hated this, I hated that ..."

Still not deterred from buying it, though. I loved the Remake and I'm sure I'll love this one as well.

Name a more iconic duo than gamers and complaining.

Game is a legit GotY contender. Yes there's bullshit in it, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Nankatsu

About the synergy abilities again: they all cost the same? 3 bars for each character?

When you do the early mission with you know who, they were constantly available to execute. Since entering grasslands I can't do a single synergy ability.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Zelduh

Chapter 13 is such a slog. Never ending dungeon… and yeah let’s drop adamantium turtles on you who are easy but you have to hack at them for 10 minutes. Feels like an mmo. What were they thinking.
The drop in quality in last 25% of the game is immense. It’s just bloat. Like if 70h wasn’t enough. I am not done yet btw :p

Maybe you should just stop sucking at the game lol, those turtles died in like 30 seconds for me

Madflavor

About the synergy abilities again: they all cost the same? 3 bars for each character?

When you do the early mission with you know who, they were constantly available to execute. Since entering grasslands I can't do a single synergy ability.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Every ATB bar you expend, grants you one Synergy bar for that character. So when each character has a total of 3, you can use a Synergy Ability.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm just playing Remake right now and need to complain somewhere so I'm doing it here... it's a decent game but, damn, it really hurts some of the design choices, like when you get paralized for it takes FOREVER to move and you can't apply an item because the bar is filling, really hate that...

But the worst thing in any game is multiplied by 1000x in this one, that's slow walking sections, I hate them with some kind of passion, and this game puts them so unnecessarily not even for masking loading, they are just there like you enter a room and are running, suddenly you're walking with no way to run, WHY?! Why can't I just run? Poor baby face Cloud gonna get exhausted? Oh no!... No srsly, WHY?

I wouldn't mind the ATB shit that much but the walking in this game is just soooo much I'm thinking on rushing it just so I don't have to deal with that BS, game is good but that alone ruins it for me. Is the walking overused this much on Rebirth?

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Just recently arrived there myself - it is quite the change from the Corel area! The variation in environments is crazy. I’ve only 100% the grasslands area, so I’ve got absolutely loads to do in the areas between the grasslands and Gongaga. I can’t help but be pushed along by the story tbh - it’s been great fun so far.
The world is crazy. Greatest game world ever for me. Not about the size but how iconic, alive and epic each location feels.

Also just did the story stuff in Gongaga which was absolutely nuts, that cutscene was very special.

Last edited:
Im about to spent 10+ hours in Costa del Sol lol. Oh man a resort level + open world that actually feels like a resort. Last time it was this good was Sapienza level in Hitman.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
anyone please, i need help

so i'm looking for Barrets theme from Rebirth, the very slow paced one

been trying to find it without luck

My custom queen's blood deck is the shizz.

Wish there was 50 opponents instead of...24 or so, it looks like? Guess I'm nearly done

Assuming kid G doesn't ghost me after asking for my contact info ages ago

anyone please, i need help

so i'm looking for Barrets theme from Rebirth, the very slow paced one

been trying to find it without luck
I got it at a piano in one of the towns

probably barret's old town? walk up to piano and touch it

edit: sorry are u talking about the piano music in the game or something else?

Last edited:

TheAssist

No they didn’t. Maybe you play on easy
You both hyperboled it again, like almost everyone when they try to say something negative about the game or try to defend the game (any game really). You were wrong by saying they take 10 minutes. That's ridiculous, unless you only do auto attacks on them, but that's on you. 30 seconds is closer to reality, but also unrealistic. The reality is 90-120 seconds, which is fine for an endgame enemy. So really its a non problem blown up to let off some steam on your part.

If anyone cares to know, I liked chapter 12 and 13. As far as last dungeons go, its one of the better ones in the series. Not FF8 strong, but certainly better than lets say FF10, FF7 OG, FF9, FF12, FF13, FF15, FF16 ... you get the idea. Of course its up to your personal taste, but this one has still story happening, which rarely happens in older FF games. Usually everything has been said in the last dungeon is just a big long run to the boss.

Also complaining that the last dungeon in a game is longer than usual...yeah thats like every RPG in existence. But again, more interesting than most last dungeons I have played.

TheAssist

Wait til they play a Yakuza game....

Or Persona 5, which legit has a dungoen thats so long it needed to be split into 2 days in game as it was close to 4 hours
And to get everything you have to go through every dungeon 2 times and there is the "Metaverse" dungeon in P5. Now thats a long and boring slog to get through. But its ok if you just want to mindlessly grind away, which to be fair, many people actually want to do. To each their own.

BbMajor7th

What honeymoon. The game is 70+ hours long. You didn’t see any negativity because first half is great. People need time to play the game
Can't really agree with that. I'm only 25 hours and already I'm already wondering how long I have to go. Every open-world section is the same box of busy work, in the same quantities, spread over a reskinned map. The writing is mostly inconsequential guff with no tonal centre, no sense of urgency and no opportunity for character growth. Moreover, it seems completely disconnected from the first game. Remake's ending, divisive as it was, seemed like it was resetting the deck for a whole new adventure - a 'rebirth' so to speak. So far, I've followed the original game more or less to the letter, and hit the same locations and story beats, only with a lot more padding and repetition.

Honestly, there's a breathtaking lack of talent and imagination on display. So far, it's about 20% FFVII IP mixed with 40% Ubisoft open-world tropes and 40% Yakuza wackiness and minigames.

SCB3

I've followed the original game more or less to the letter, and hit the same locations and story beats, only with a lot more padding and repetition.
You cannot change fate yet, the Whispers whole reason is keep the timeline the same

Where I get lost is what is happening with Zack? Is that the normal timeline he's stubbled into?

BbMajor7th

You cannot change fate yet, the Whispers whole reason is keep the timeline the same
I literally battled Sephiroth at the end of reality itself during the last game. Then Rebirth just dumps me back in Kalm and says 'umm... find a chocobo and look for some guys in robes - also, do you like CCGs?'

rofif

Banned
You both hyperboled it again, like almost everyone when they try to say something negative about the game or try to defend the game (any game really). You were wrong by saying they take 10 minutes. That's ridiculous, unless you only do auto attacks on them, but that's on you. 30 seconds is closer to reality, but also unrealistic. The reality is 90-120 seconds, which is fine for an endgame enemy. So really its a non problem blown up to let off some steam on your part.

If anyone cares to know, I liked chapter 12 and 13. As far as last dungeons go, its one of the better ones in the series. Not FF8 strong, but certainly better than lets say FF10, FF7 OG, FF9, FF12, FF13, FF15, FF16 ... you get the idea. Of course its up to your personal taste, but this one has still story happening, which rarely happens in older FF games. Usually everything has been said in the last dungeon is just a big long run to the boss.

Also complaining that the last dungeon in a game is longer than usual...yeah thats like every RPG in existence. But again, more interesting than most last dungeons I have played.
Then I must be playing very wrong since those fights take ages.

Top Bottom