• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Kumubou

I hope Capcom release a demo for SF V during EVO, even a timed one. I want to try it :(
There's already been a beta announced which is going to be treated as a defacto demo -- you just have to sully the name of Dahbomb and pre-order the game in order to get access (unless it ends up like most beta campaigns, where they end up giving away a shit ton of keys anyway).

Kalamari

There's already been a beta announced which is going to be treated as a defacto demo -- you just have to sully the name of Dahbomb and pre-order the game in order to get access (unless it ends up like most beta campaigns, where they end up giving away a shit ton of keys anyway).

You can pre-order on Amazon and cancel the pre-order once the Beta is released. But keep it a secret from Shouta. :p

Kumubou

You can pre-order on Amazon and cancel the pre-order once the Beta is released. But keep it a secret from Shouta. :p
Or you can pre-order it on Steam, play the beta and then mash on Steam's refund button. I don't know what would be worse though, drawing the ire of Shouta or Gaben?

vulva

HQ bbq was legit af. Out of all the Toronto mofos,(that's like 50% of this thread) only Tik-tok showed up. Bad form Enzo/Blackule/Oneida
kappa

...but Rolento tho.

I'm pretty sure Rolento is a hard MU for Elena and not the other way round.
Sorry I'm just in L.A.for e3.

Kalamari

Or you can pre-order it on Steam, play the beta and then mash on Steam's refund button. I don't know what would be worse though, drawing the ire of Shouta or Gaben?

I think it's common knowledge that everyone does this, I think publishers just cross their fingers and hope that gamers are too lazy/dumb to cancel their pre-orders once they get the beta.

Also, people in Toronto must have a serious bbq scene for people to get called out like that. lulz

vulva

That's why I never mentioned you :p

Give us all that SFV tech. you and the other gaffers gotta take a booth and make it reserved for FGW only.

That reminds me, and this goes to everyone in this thread:

STREET FIGHTER 5 AT EVO QUESTIONS

If anyone has any specific things they want me to check while at EVO please private message me anything you want to know. No matter how oddly specific it is or whatever, just send me a message. I'll be there all three days and will either test things you want to know or ask combofiend or whoever else is nearby.

fader

I'm watching a smash stream and they are freaking out that Ryu's fully charged focus attack goes through shields.... lol

NEO0MJ

I am not expecting a demo/beta until Fall. It would be way to early for one.

I know about the beta but it will probably arrive late. I want it now. So jelous of the people that get to try it early.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
tumblr_npy4s1iNcl1slig2vo1_540.jpg

tumblr_npy4s1iNcl1slig2vo2_540.jpg

do multi hits break shields in smash?
No. Shield damage in Smash corresponds in damage dealt normally. So, a 25% damage move will hurt shields much more than a 1% move that hits 10 times. However, some moves have shield damage boosts. Ryu looks to have that on several of his moves.

That reminds me, and this goes to everyone in this thread:

STREET FIGHTER 5 AT EVO QUESTIONS

If anyone has any specific things they want me to check while at EVO please private message me anything you want to know. No matter how oddly specific it is or whatever, just send me a message. I'll be there all three days and will either test things you want to know or ask combofiend or whoever else is nearby.

I'm challenging you to a $5 mm at Evo in SF5.

be prepared b

No. Shield damage in Smash corresponds in damage dealt normally. So, a 25% damage move will hurt shields much more than a 1% move that hits 10 times. However, some moves have shield damage boosts. Ryu looks to have that on several of his moves.

Unless you tilt shield correctly, of course

Let's do $5 sf5 GAF tournament. Winner takes all.

I'm sayin, we gotta get this ball moving b.

Canada vs US Gaf still gotta happen.

I doubt there will be enough free SF5 stations for all of that tho. Hopefully Capcom understands the hype and brings mad setups b.

Buying a Wii U was one of the worst decisions that I've made this year. And I've made some bad decisions.

or last year? shit times going too fast, shits gotta chill

Numb

Buying a Wii U was one of the worst decisions that I've made this year. And I've made some bad decisions.

or last year? shit times going too fast, shits gotta chill

I am like that but with the PS4. Had it for a year waiting for Bloodborne and got turned off after Bloodborne.And now even the games i was interested in are coming to PC such as MGS V. In the mean time been playing countless hours on Wii U.

Clawww

goddamn these Wii U updates are taking forever

Haven't even bought Ryu yet jesus christ I feel like I hooked it up an hour ago

Top Bottom