• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

fader

Rate my channel emotes plz.

18162563623_649a5dd735_o.png

1st two

2c906a9c2665a3f8bbdbe625195902d6.gif

icon and last two

tumblr_m43fenS4rJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Like if Daigo played Smash for a game or two, would his fireball zoning be able to transfer over to Smash? You know, delaying the fireballs, faking out fireballs, throwing fireballs up close so you can't react, etc....

Like if Daigo played Smash for a game or two, would his fireball zoning be able to transfer over to Smash? You know, delaying the fireballs, faking out fireballs, throwing fireballs up close so you can't react, etc....

You can change the speeds of the fireballs by changing which command (B, QCF+B, HCF+B), so he probably could.

Just looked the standings

Europeans are going to have to travel to get into Capcom Cup. Problem X just had a huge 2nd place that puts him in a great position to qualify. Other than he and Luffy, the other Europeans are going to have to travel.

There are 4 more European ranking events and 2 more Prem. Events in Europe. Dreamhack Winter doesn't give out any points and all of the killers will be there so that can be ruled out. So basically they have to make their mark at the next 4 ranking events and hope more talent doesn't travel out there to gatekeep or they might only have 4 players represented at Capcom Cup.

On the other hand there are 4 more NA prem. events, and about 5 ranking events. There are 4 more Prem. events and 7-8 ranking events left in Asia.

K.Sabot

Offtopic but...

Guy on twitch streaming himself playing live video blackjack at Dreamhack LAN and he has a crowd of people cordoned off behind him watching him play fake real blackjack betting like $1000 each time. Also like 45k watching on stream.

The future is making me uncomfortable.

At some point during that they rolled. Shield back to full!

Yeah shields are really powerful. I want to test a lot of stuff with him when he comes out. Too bad DLC chars don't have custom moves. They could have given him a denjin fireball that really reduces shield like Sheik's penetrating needles.

fader

I just thought of something... Was the banana Ono tweeted (the banana conveniently placed near Ryu's foot) suppose to be about Ryu being in smash? (banana =hooha?)

EDIT; also, smash-GAF does Ryu look good? I am actually considering playing smash just for Ryu. (cant believe I would ever say that.)

zlatko

Banned
I just thought of something... Was the banana Ono tweeted (the banana conveniently placed near Ryu's foot) suppose to be about Ryu being in smash? (banana =hooha?)

EDIT; also, smash-GAF does Ryu look good? I am actually considering playing smash just for Ryu. (cant believe I would ever say that.)

I said this so many pages back and you mother fuckers shit on me for saying so...

I thought it was for the yellow spike on Birdie.

Ryu looks good to me on paper. He will be very high-execution for a Smash game, though. FADC will be a core part of his gameplay. Just the invincibility on his SRK is a pretty big deal in this game. Invincible moves are extremely rare. We don't really have "reversals" in Smash. You block or dodge when you get up in this game.

fader

I said this so many pages back and you mother fuckers shit on me for saying so...

Go-Gomenasai!!!

tumblr_m3p7y1zDG71qag2xj.gif

Ryu looks good to me on paper. He will be very high-execution for a Smash game, though. FADC will be a core part of his gameplay. Just the invincibility on his SRK is a pretty big deal in this game. Invincible moves are extremely rare. We don't really have "reversals" in Smash. You block or dodge when you get up in this game.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Rhapsody

Banned

Well, sort of. The practical ones are those that have OoS purposes like Samus and Bowser up B (although for Bowser in Smash 4, I don't think it's invincible on frame 1, might be armor towards the middle?).
Then there are ledge attacks if you want to count those (can't remember for get up attacks).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No it's a genius move. It's incentive for you to make sure your moves hit Kappa

Also, Dis Elena Video. Blackule take notes

just fuck you onemic. fuck you too count if i ever face your elena. character is straight up awful and dumb. only players who dont wanna think when they play main her.

so you mean to tell me people are completely fine with DI'ing but not fine with this? I just don't know what to say.

jerry1594

She's honestly just as bad in 3rd. The best thing about her gameplay is the cool, character specific, situational combos that no one will ever pull off ever in a match. But maybe like .05% of the time you will see good, engaging Elena play.

petghost

Banned
Damage in 5 is actually kinda ridiculous atm. I like high damage but can't imagine what shits gonna look like when it gets optimized. Like Nash target combo into super is 50-60%. Maybe they could maintain the damage on single hits and dps (which I think is rad) etc but up the scaling on combos.

The combo system is more flexible than say 3s or st so I'm sure we gonna see some crazy damage at the exhibition.

Well, sort of. The practical ones are those that have OoS purposes like Samus and Bowser up B (although for Bowser in Smash 4, I don't think it's invincible on frame 1, might be armor towards the middle?).
Then there are ledge attacks if you want to count those (can't remember for get up attacks).
Screw Attack is pretty bad OoS, but it has great priority. Best as an anti-air OoS for people trying to cross you up. I don't think it is invincible.

Fortress has no invincibility, no armor, and has 6 frames of startup. Nothing of Bowser's has armor, actually. Nothing.

Ledge Get-Up attacks are invincible until the attacking frame, but they have like 25 frame startups. Not really "reversal" material. You should only really use them when your opponent is being careless with ledge guarding.

yo goddamn this salt

and this is from a marvel player too ayyyyyyy lmao
And a Wolverine player.

Elena is pretty easymode, though. Probably one of Blanka's worse matchups.

Top Bottom