• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 27 - Feb 2 | The Power of Gamers

Beckx

tumblr_mzv13y14ua1qzw5rjo1_250.gif

Couldn't get their new ACME trap set up in time.

MrDaravon

Was there any good Marvel I should try to hunt down this past weekend at KiT? Didn't watch any of the tournament at all, thought I saw people talking about some good play though, something about a Phoenix Wright player?

commentator playing ability tiers

S: Yipes
A+: pre-crisis UltraDavid
A-: peak James Chen
D: post-crisis UltraDavid, modern James Chen

i think the wet fish they're using on the top of the wheel of fate is hilarious, floppin around all back n forth up there

edit: i'm really interested in the business side of things. so up to $25k in prizes (even if no one ends up winning that, they have to have it on hand just in case) + flying out all the people there aka a good $15-20k + all the production value aka i have no idea how much money

and what's the expected payoff? who's footing the bill and why? i don't really get it

Hongle my dongle.

I really don't know how this is going to make them money unless this packaging was for cable television filler. G4TV (who no longer exist) would rather play COPS episode from five years ago. Besides us, who would watch this and continue to watch this?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
i'm really interested in the business side of things. so up to $25k in prizes (even if no one ends up winning that, they have to have it on hand just in case) + flying out all the people there aka a good $15-20k + all the production value aka i have no idea how much money

and what's the expected payoff? who's footing the bill and why? i don't really get it

None of this makes any sense from the outside

Not even "why are they doing this?"

GooeyHeat

Yo guys, as if Persona 4 the Ultimax wasn't broken enough, people are discovering secret supers! Some have weirder conditions than others, but here's two I've seen vids of so far:

Yu Narukami - requires 150 meter + a series of inputs to follow up the super (i.e. Deadly Rave)
Aigis - EXO mode, which gives her multiple Orgia dashes per jump and refills her bullets and broken Persona cards, but requires 150 meter, a broken Persona, 0 bullets, and overheated Orgia mode.

Between this stuff, Shadow Rage ridiculousness, and Brokenoe in BBCP, Arc's staff in charge of balance must all be working on Guilty Gear Xrd.
or they all got fired because BBCS:E was boring as hell

Yo guys, as if Persona 4 the Ultimax wasn't broken enough, people are discovering secret supers! Some have weirder conditions than others, but here's two I've seen vids of so far:

Yu Narukami - requires 150 meter + a series of inputs to follow up the super (i.e. Deadly Rave)
Aigis - EXO mode, which gives her multiple Orgia dashes per jump and refills her bullets and broken Persona cards, but requires 150 meter, a broken Persona, 0 bullets, and overheated Orgia mode.

Between this stuff, Shadow Rage ridiculousness, and Brokenoe in BBCP, Arc's staff in charge of balance must all be working on Guilty Gear Xrd.

Oh good, more things for people to freak out about. Can't wait to hear my RL friends drop this game for the umpteenth time!

Time to fire Pachi. And yes, he's also working on Xrd's balance(he balanced +R as well, you can thank him for Zappa's sword).

why did they have to fuck up personaaaaaaa

Game was really fun and had a lot of good things to it. (short hop, burst system, rolls, instant block)

Kumubou

E: Everyone on GAF that didn't go to Evo.

Woot woot I'm not bottom tier! But if I'm not bottom tier... D:

Also, I just want to throw out that Poverty-era Sp00ky would be a solid A tier for a commentator-player. This may or may not be aided by the fact that that since they were all povert games, hardly anyone else played them to begin with.

Read on reddit that ESGN is part of a subgroup that is part of bigger group which is part of...a money laundering operation.

It's the internet, so i really don't know if that is the case, but if so...damn, even when the fgc goes esports it stays grimy.
That's what we mean by the FGC growing up on it's own terms, staying grimy as hell.
Except that it turns out that most 'normal' e-sports orgs and events are just as dirty.

Rhapsody

Banned
E: Everyone on GAF that didn't go to Evo.

Cool. I'm safe.

In other news, I properly learned Kokonoe now and I have one month to go until SCR.
I noticed I don't have to try nearly has hard on the usual people I face lol

I really miss my main though...

It's been rumored that Kanji has one as well.

Kumubou

In other news, I properly learned Kokonoe now and I have one month to go until SCR.
I noticed I don't have to try nearly has hard on the usual people I face lol
You're doing God's work... now watch as Mr.Wizard announces that she's banned from Evo next week. :p

Is this a match between Pre-crisis UD vs Modern JC??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfog6nPycI

Note: UD might be1P first round because you can hear the "C'MON" from him after missing a ex green hand combo and 2P second round.

09 was when i first started to notice things going south, so, it's hard for me to say. i don't remember where in the progression i was at the time.

this is weird to watch heh

edit: there's stuff in there like me missing combos a lot and getting jump back jab instead of spd and doing random dashes, so this could be mid-crisis actually

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

BBCP was pretty much fine til Derpanoe everyone had various levels of dumbshit and all had solid weaknesses to go with what they had. I stand by that they made kokonoe dumb as fuck because 1 she was fan popular. 2 because 8.99. 3 because they were already working on P4A2 and probably had balance mentality bleed over into her. She seriously does damage like a P4A character.

So when the character was done they sat back looked at the derpy shit said wellll *reasons 1 and 2* and it should be okay!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
What did he say?

I went to bed after I posted, but he said that East Coast is lacking.

So I do hope that East Coast on a whole hears that. To me they have the nicest play style, and in actuality, despite losing to ChrisG just like everywhere else, they have the most practice against him.

They definitely need to work on their chokes though - style and niceness can only get you so far.

Rhapsody

Banned
You're doing God's work... now watch as Mr.Wizard announces that she's banned from Evo next week. :p

While I'm not typically for bans, I wouldn't mind it in this case lol. I get to go back to my main without having to worry about Rachel vs Kokonoe. I'm honestly debating if I should only use her on the mirror though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
While I'm not typically for bans, I wouldn't mind it in this case lol. I get to go back to my main without having to worry about Rachel vs Kokonoe. I'm honestly debating if I should only use her on the mirror though.

Just use her as a counterpick vs Rachel's bad match ups. Playing Rachel will keep your gameplay more solid than using Koko all the time.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just use her as a counterpick vs Rachel's bad match ups. Playing Rachel will keep your gameplay more solid than using Koko all the time.

Sounds like good advice for both parts. Can already tell I sometimes would prefer using Rachel instead in some matchups. Plus I disrespect oki too much with Koko than I normally would.

Top Bottom