• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 27 - Feb 2 | The Power of Gamers

xCobalt

Does Xian move on to the next round of prizes then? Doesn't this mean the last person to play is guaranteed money even if they play only one match?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does Xian move on to the next round of prizes then? Doesn't this mean the last person to play is guaranteed money even if they play only one match?
Yeah this is why I'm confused. It would have made more sense if they ran through all of the FT7s for everyone. Seems pretty biased.

I guess Infiltration was hoping that he WOULDN'T get picked so early.

FinKL

lol, what did I tune into?! Lunch break, go to twitch.tv and theres a Street Fighter gameshow? Good stuff :)

"I never run into Mike Ross, because he always gets knocked out too early" -Xian lmfao so true

ismk

Capcom shouldn't be airing ESGN right now. If they want the most viewers, they should of aired it around 9 EST. They are putting it on YouTube though, right?

K.Sabot

CGS is the biggest esports fraud ever. Never forget.

CGS was a brain sore to watch, but CPL is probably the most fraudulent esports league imo.

Also I love how you can't see ex headbutt's yellow flash because it skipped the starting frames of it.

K.Sabot

Why is a Starcraft guy announcing with Gootecks? Is he the brains behind this?

ESGN being too cheap to bring real commentators out, so they grab a dude with connections ( gootecks) and re-use Tasteless (they're doing a SC2 thing as well)

Like I said, this production has "shitty TV producer" written all over it.

casperOne

Wait, those glasses weren't prescription?

Definitely not.

Capcom shouldn't be airing ESGN right now. If they want the most viewers, they should of aired it around 9 EST. They are putting it on YouTube though, right?

I don't think they will, they have an entire site around the network, and I doubt they'd undercut earnings potential on the VODs by agreeing to YouTube's monetization (instead of their own).

http://esgntv.com/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It takes a certain type of production to have super cool animated and green screened score cards and some of the most struggle overlays I've ever seen.

i think the wet fish they're using on the top of the wheel of fate is hilarious, floppin around all back n forth up there

edit: i'm really interested in the business side of things. so up to $25k in prizes (even if no one ends up winning that, they have to have it on hand just in case) + flying out all the people there aka a good $15-20k + all the production value aka i have no idea how much money

and what's the expected payoff? who's footing the bill and why? i don't really get it

K.Sabot

So many rookie production mistakes, wrong logos, not micing the players yet still cutting to them to get their input.

Not to call it too soon, but it definitely stinks like shady esports.

T.O.P

Banned
what am i watching

what is tasteless (he got fatter?) doing there

what's with this cheesy presentation

WAT

this is amazing

Silky

Banned
tumblr_mzv13y14ua1qzw5rjo1_250.gif

Top Bottom