• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Laconic

Banned
He bopped bonchan with E. Ryu recently.

That was almost as fun to watch as BJ beating him.

Being at a range where your normals work and their lose is footsies though. That is controlling space.

I always thought of it as the dance of feinting and appearing at a vulnerable range, whilst working for your own hit.

I think they were specifically saying that Smug fishes counter hits, as opposed to playing a poke/punish poke game, per se.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Alioune acting like a straight fool. ROFL He got pretty owned by the T.O. Credit to R Kappa for bringing this to peoples attention.

Honestly, I found nothing impressive about his play during hype spotting. He looked average at best. Seems like the EU K-Brad. Once the Vortex was gone nothing but struggles.

XfNwgbs.png

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
i dont care if i have to move heaven and earth to do it, i will watch topanga league and support my boy from start to finish

Shouta

Alioune acting like a straight fool. ROFL He got pretty owned by the T.O. Credit to R Kappa for bringing this to peoples attention.

Honestly, I found nothing impressive about his play during hype spotting. He looked average at best. Seems like the EU K-Brad. Once the Vortex was gone nothing but struggles.

XfNwgbs.png

Where's a Damn git when you need it lol.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Smug! Kreygasm

I want to support Smuggy hopefully NicoNico is not a bitch when it comes ordering the PPV.

pixelish

maybe it's an american thing but i've never had a problem with purchasing niconico ticket for the previous two renditions of topanga world league.

jbug617

Banned
John Choi is offering to send Kazunoko to SCR or any other Premier event because of what happened.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/06/joh...offers-kazunoko-trip-to-socal-regionals-2015/
One player specifically affected by this mistake was Kazunoko, as the result of his match was changed. As an apology, I would like to personally offer him a paid trip to SCR or another US premier event. I know this does not rectify the mistake, but it would give him the opportunity he deserves at another premier event.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Smug: "I like having fun. I like playing Japanese players in long sets I have fun."

Smug: "Ima stick to my guns learn the match" - regarding him getting bopped by Gamerbee.

Smug: "I want to learn about this game"

<3 He got the right attitude.

Unlucky

Smug explaining that he does not want to use a secondary character. He wants to win with his main, or else lose with his main & learn. I dig it.

Imm0rt4l

Smug: "I like having fun. I like playing Japanese players in long sets I have fun."

Smug: "Ima stick to my guns learn the match" - regarding him getting bopped by Gamerbee.

<3 He got the right attitude.
Good head on his shoulders. He ain't got the killer instinct, not sure how much further he can go. I like his mentality of not counterpicking strictly to win but n I don't think there's anything dishonorable on leveling the playing field to a more winnable scenario. Good to not be too serious and focus on school so as not to become an older bitter player like sanford. He ain't gonna be on someone's level like infiltration who plays other characters to maximize his odds at winning.

im not gonna lie shouta, during ncr they had a dude named schowda on stream and I was like did they misspell shouta's name? then i saw he wasnt play thawk and i was sad

Shouta

im not gonna lie shouta, during ncr they had a dude named schowda on stream and I was like did they misspell shouta's name? then i saw he wasnt play thawk and i was sad

I was the one that corrected them in stream chat, lol. But I know Schowda, he's from Vancouver and comes to Seattle monthlies form time to time.

I bet Kazunoko is asking Momochi about which premier tournament he doesn't plan to attend. What kind of sucks for guys like Kazunoko who are traveling so far and doesn't have a sponsor is that they will probably still have to deal with the top sponsored players even if they're already qualified. If he went to SCR alone and only had to deal with Americans he has a pretty good chance of winning. But if you throw in Mago, Tokido, Daigo, Momochi, Infiltration, Xian, with all the top American players then it's going to be a pain to get to GF like it how it was at Final Round and NCR.

Anyways that's very classy of Choi. I wonder if Kazunoko will take him up on that offer. Maybe he might be too modest, who knows.

Unlucky

I am very glad John Choi made this statement, especially with the internationals in attendance at the tournament. In Japan, when leaders or company execs fuck up they bow deeply and apologize profusely to shareholders/customers etc. Screw ups happen, what matters is owning up to them and trying to make amends. Big props to Choi.

jbug617

Banned
I bet Kazunoko is asking Momochi about which premier tournament he doesn't plan to attend. What kind of sucks for guys like Kazunoko who are traveling so far and doesn't have a sponsor is that they will probably still have to deal with the top sponsored players even if they're already qualified. If he went to SCR alone and only had to deal with Americans he has a pretty good chance of winning. But if you throw in Mago, Tokido, Daigo, Momochi, Infiltration, Xian, with all the top American players then it's going to be a pain to get to GF like it how it was at Final Round and NCR.

Anyways that's very classy of Choi. I wonder if Kazunoko will take him up on that offer. Maybe he might be too modest, who knows.

Momochi plans to attend all the NA Premier Events (remaining SCR, CEO, EVO and Canada Cup).

I think he would probably take up the offer for SCR.

Tripon

SCR probably has the smallest entries due to the uncertain venue, date change and hotel situation. So even if Momochi is there its likely be the easiest tournament to enter.

mbpm1

Good on Choiboy. Kazunoko will have his chance again.

Everytime I see a Hakan, "This character is really good. More people should play him."

*never picks him up*

jerry1594

Good head on his shoulders. He ain't got the killer instinct, not sure how much further he can go. I like his mentality of not counterpicking strictly to win but n I don't think there's anything dishonorable on leveling the playing field to a more winnable scenario. Good to not be too serious and focus on school so as not to become an older bitter player like sanford. He ain't gonna be on someone's level like infiltration who plays other characters to maximize his odds at winning.
Went and read up on sanford (and triforce) not exactly sure who they are but damn to go through so much shit for video games.

That is so cool of Choi. It really sucked that Kazunoko of all people, an unsponsored international player, was the one who got stung by the runbacks. That is a very solid make-good.

Top Bottom