• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Codeblue

I bet Kazunoko is asking Momochi about which premier tournament he doesn't plan to attend. What kind of sucks for guys like Kazunoko who are traveling so far and doesn't have a sponsor is that they will probably still have to deal with the top sponsored players even if they're already qualified. If he went to SCR alone and only had to deal with Americans he has a pretty good chance of winning. But if you throw in Mago, Tokido, Daigo, Momochi, Infiltration, Xian, with all the top American players then it's going to be a pain to get to GF like it how it was at Final Round and NCR.

Anyways that's very classy of Choi. I wonder if Kazunoko will take him up on that offer. Maybe he might be too modest, who knows.

Would he even need to make it to GF if everyone placed ahead of him already qualified?

Would he even need to make it to GF if everyone placed ahead of him already qualified?

No, but you could get knocked out early if you run into those guys early enough. For example Tokido finished 25th at Final Round and lost to Xian and Xiaohai. Daigo finished 13th and lost to Kazunoko and Fuudo. Art finished 5th and lost to Fuudo and Momochi. I think all 3 only played two top Asians each. Nothing against Art, he played amazing but those were the only two top Asian players he ran into and he got them pretty late compared to Daigo and Tokido. The luck of the draw definitely plays a factor in how far you get if you don't win the whole thing.

That is my decision btw, not work. I worked on Injustice and competed. I am just choosing not to. At least that's my mentality right now. I'm an intensely competitive person though so we'll see if I stick with it.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
That is my decision btw, not work. I worked on Injustice and competed. I am just choosing not to. At least that's my mentality right now. I'm an intensely competitive person though so we'll see if I stick with it.

Awww but I was looking forward to the NRS Community salt.

*Ban the testers*

*Unfair advantage*

*They made their own characters top tier plz patch*

etc

LOL.

Rhapsody

Banned

Prioritizing something else in life right now? Or just little motivation at the moment?

Osu 16 Bit
"Retired"
(Today, 09:36 PM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

Prioritizing something else in life right now? Or just little motivation at the moment?

Motivation. I am burnt out on competing. I traveled everywhere and played super hard from 2011 to 2014. I have accomplished enough and to play to the standards I set for myself would require to continue to grind hard which I don't currently have the drive for. Now seems like a good point to stop.

But like I said, I am a competitor to my core. I already know it'll be difficult to sit out from playing.

Xevren

Motivation. I am burnt out on competing. I traveled everywhere and played super hard from 2011 to 2014. I have accomplished enough and to play to the standards I set for myself would require to continue to grind hard which I don't currently have the drive for. Now seems like a good point to stop.

But like I said, I am a competitor to my core. I already know it'll be difficult to sit out from playing.

Damn that's crazy man, was great to see you play but definitely understand. You did absolutely fantastic btw when you were on the Kombat Kast streams.

Level up your game dev skills. Really cool you get to work on your favorite series but now you know how the sausage is made and what goes into it and it can burn you out. Give it time, you will enjoy it again once you put time In-between it.

Damn that's crazy man, was great to see you play but definitely understand. You did absolutely fantastic btw when you were on the Kombat Kast streams.

Thanks! Was super fun to do. They're going to do more streams even after the game is out, so maybe I can appear again.

Marz

Now is really not the ideal time to quit. Brand new game and tons of prize money plus new competition and rivalries.

the magic of doa5 modding *courtesy of gaf's Bayonetta*

95c59388c758654bea17c1fbf28640c5.jpg

Kumubou

I know I've given the NCR TO's flack in the past, but Choi's offer to Kazunoko is one hell of a way to own the issue and to legitimately try to make good on that mess.

It also looks like Harada has some comments regarding Tekken 7's netcode in the latest Famitsu, and Event Hubs has an English translation of that part. (Warning: Event Hubs link.) I find the part about "no good netcode" to be kind of disingenuous (because it's counterpart, bad netcode sure as hell exists) but the points about the game needs to be designed from the ground up for online is right, IMO.

Also, whoever wrote these inserts for the Hypespotting stream has jokes
and they're right about the NES Pictionary -- that game has a needlessly amazing soundtrack

I'm dead but I'm so proud of my boys.

They were amazing this weekend. By any chance does the fact that Mago and Daigo qualified already mean that they may not attend some of the future Premier Events that they were probably going to? Not because of you guys, but because they already got there spot and might choose to stay home.

BTW, did anybody upload the Winners matches that were played on the old build? Just wanted to rewatch some of them but it looks like even the random people who upload match videos didn't bother uploading them.

Tripon

Team Sp00ky and NLCB is hosting Final Smash Attack on April 26th. 16 man invitational bracket, $50 entry fee, and 3v3 open bracket.

CB9RgLOUEAEzPoS.jpg

Confirmed players.

-iQHQ XFiRE Dabuz Samuel Buzby, representing Long Island, NY
-6WX Wesley Alexander, representing Philadelphia, PA
-DA Jtails Julian Martinez, representing Westchester County, NY
-iQHQ DA DKwill Will Walsh, representing Long Island, NY
-LoF False Corey Shin, representing Central Jersey
-LoF Keitaro Rich King, representing Central Jersey (and also one of the commentators for the tournament!)
-Ho3K Dill Dillon Rubin, representing New York City, NY
-iQHQ Ribs Jourdan Ribeiro, representing New York City, NY
-Tweek Tweek Smash, representing South Jersey
-HBA Angel Cortes Angel Cortes, representing North Jersey
-HBA Avalon Rizwan Khan, representing North Jersey
-iQHQ juice.Max Ketchum, representing Westchester County, NY!

https://www.facebook.com/events/409625302542615/

jbug617

Banned
SNK sale on 360

Metal Slug 3* 50%
Samurai Shodown II* 50%
The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match* 50%
Garou Mow* 50%
Metal Slug XX* 50%
Kof Sky Stage* 50%
Neogeo Battle Coliseum* 50%
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match* 50%
The King Of Fighters XIII* 50%
Samurai Showdown Sen* 50%

Cacpcom with the wrong team for NuckleDu

They're using the wrong Daigo pic breh. Making the beast look like a Yamcha.

jtE7BNT78OGvu_e.jpg

I bet Kazunoko is asking Momochi about which premier tournament he doesn't plan to attend. What kind of sucks for guys like Kazunoko who are traveling so far and doesn't have a sponsor is that they will probably still have to deal with the top sponsored players even if they're already qualified. If he went to SCR alone and only had to deal with Americans he has a pretty good chance of winning. But if you throw in Mago, Tokido, Daigo, Momochi, Infiltration, Xian, with all the top American players then it's going to be a pain to get to GF like it how it was at Final Round and NCR.

Anyways that's very classy of Choi. I wonder if Kazunoko will take him up on that offer. Maybe he might be too modest, who knows.

I think Kazunoko will be one of the next players to qualify as he's usually been very consistent without winning. He won't have to win.

jerry1594

Watched Daigo vs KO in 3S right now. Amazing matches, better than moment #37 in my opinion (Justin's chun Zzz). It's a shame he exited the game before Kuroda came along. Would've been amazing to see.

CO_Andy

Thinking back to old tournaments, Japan has done way worse shit to foreign players, and they don't even bother apologizing for it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Good on Choi.

Smug explaining that he does not want to use a secondary character. He wants to win with his main, or else lose with his main & learn. I dig it.
I have a hard time viewing character loyalty as anything but idiocy.

But if you're not super concerned about winning, then it's whatever.

Top Bottom