• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Everybody except Xiaohai and Smug are still in it. Daigo got bopped pretty hard today. I thought he was finally making adjustments but they were too late. I think he was too passive during his wake up, almost always choosing to block. Even if he back dashed and got hit out of it, it's better than eating a overhead into full combo.

But yeah, tomorrow is going to be very interesting. So many guys are still in it and it could come down to game differential.

Baleoce

Damn, wanted to see these live so bad. Still not got any broadband at my place though. Today and yesterday sounded amazing from the feed though. Tomorrow.. Jesus. Also I was wrong about Smug (I said he'd be there mostly for the experience and didn't have a real shot). Although it hasn't all gone his way, dude is playing to win (even if he can't now) and not just to make up the numbers. Good stuff.

pixelish

tomorrow's schedule:
daigo vs xian
daigo vs bonchan
sako vs xiao hai
sako vs momochi
momochi vs bonchan
xian vs poongko
xiao hai vs smug
poongko vs louffy
louffy vs smug

looking at the remaining matches, daigo, bonchan and xian seem to have the hardest schedule whereas sako has a relatively easy one.

TheChits

Really glad to see Smug doing well. Hopefully he can close it out at 4-4. Also super hyped about Fatal 8 today. I'm fiending for some decent MKX game play

Ultra David liked injustice too. He commentated a few tournaments and would talk about it on Twitter and his show. He was still following it even in 2014.

USD

The Momochi Xian match turned out to be really important. It completely messed with the tie breakers.

It actually opened the door for Momochi, who's beaten two of the players at 4-2 (Umehara and Xian) and faces the other two (Bonchan and sako) tomorrow. It's not entirely in his hands, but he has a decent shot at the championship.

It actually opened the door for Momochi, who's beaten two of the players at 4-2 (Umehara and Xian) and faces the other two (Bonchan and sako) tomorrow. It's not entirely in his hands, but he has a decent shot at the championship.

The fact that Xiaohai is 0-6 should give him some motivation for tomorrow's matches as well. He does not want to go 0-8.

I swear you only say crap like this on here to troll me and Gods Beard.

I actually agree with him. God Hand isn't very good as a complete game. It's one of the best action games out there, but there aren't many people I would recommend it to.

Best action games combat top 5:

1. Dragon's Dogma
  2. Ninja Gaiden Black
  3. Ninja Gaiden 2
  4. God Hand
  5. DMC1

Tripon

Schedule for Spring Fighter. Taken from /r/Kappa.

FBsz16Z.png

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159717361]I actually agree with him. God Hand isn't very good as a complete game. It's one of the best action games out there, but there aren't many people I would recommend it to.

Best action games combat top 5:

1. Dragon's Dogma
  2. Ninja Gaiden Black
  3. Ninja Gaiden 2
  4. God Hand
  5. DMC1
[/QUOTE]

I don't usually like to call people out, but wtf is this nonsense.

As expected. They're trying to run online tournaments for this? This will be worse than online wnf.

Man Daigo has had a horrible record against the Japanese players since SXSW. He's 1-8. On the other hand who was the last American to even beat him?

FChamp and John Choi LOL!

PR Rog was the last American to beat him at CC. His record against Americans since then is like 20-0 or some shit.

Dahbomb

As expected. They're trying to run online tournaments for this? This will be worse than online wnf.

Man Daigo has had a horrible record against the Japanese players since SXSW. He's 1-8. On the other hand who was the last American to even beat him?
FChamp and John Choi LOL!

See, I keep hearing mixed things. I've heard several people ( streamers, people on tym) say the netcode is greatly improve. I've also heard people( Max, LI joe) say the netcode is straight buttcheeks. There was also that video of that Ermac player playing several matches online who said it was good. I don't know what to believe at this point.

stn

Did you guys see what happened recently on Poongko's stream? He activated ultra 2 with Seth, thought it was going to connect, and so did the ultra pose himself on his bed. Gets back up and realizes he whiffed, loses the match. Goes nuts. I laughed.

alstein

Did you guys see what happened recently on Poongko's stream? He activated ultra 2 with Seth, thought it was going to connect, and so did the ultra pose himself on his bed. Gets back up and realizes he whiffed, loses the match. Goes nuts. I laughed.

That headbutt is a punish, so it didn't cost him.

Xevren

Glad I have some people to play MKX with offline then, hearing Joe/Max/Rip say the netcode isn't great sucks. Hopefully it improves but I doubt it.

Top Bottom