• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

USD

A little late, but...

TOPANGA WORLD LEAGUE 2, ROUND 3

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv214258285 - Free viewing period over.

POONGKO (El Fuerte, Seth) vs. Xiaohai (Cammy, Evil Ryu)
5-3 ●○●○○○●○
Luffy (Rose) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
5-1 ●○○○○○
Smug (Dudley) vs. Xian (Gen)
4-5 ○●●○○●○●●
Momochi (Ken) vs. Umehara (Evil Ryu)
5-1 ○○●○○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. sako (Elena)
5-1 ●○○○○○
Luffy (Rose) vs. Xiaohai (Evil Ryu)
5-3 ○●●○●○○○
Smug (Dudley) vs. POONGKO (Seth)
5-2 ○○○●○●○
Momochi (Ken) vs. Xian (Gen)
5-4 ○○○●●○●●○
sako (Elena) vs. Umehara (Evil Ryu)
5-2 ○●○○○●○

LETS GO SAKO SAN

also.. this matchup sucks for Elena

It's great how Sako rarely if ever jumps in vs Bonchan.

I wouldn't jumped in like 70 times already idgaf

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
General question: since when is prize money allowed in Japan? I thought they considered that gambling and it would be illegal.

Just woke up, it was as I feared. Regardless of how good he's looked against other players Momochi just has Daigo's number right now. This will take Daigo a bit to figure out. And Bonchan totally did not deserve to win game 4, but lucky focus attack into Ultra for the win. Why not right?

Bonchan now using kara DP to punish sweep so Sako can't use that safely anymore. Bonchan on match point now.

Bonchan lands counter hit cr. HP into DP, FADC, toward HK, Ultra, gat dayum. That took Elena down to a few pixels and Bonchan finishes it with a jab to win the set.

Momochi has been beating Daigo since as long as I can remember, from his vanilla Gouki to his 2012 Cody.

Can't say I remember any time of daigo taking him (he probably did I just can't remember or didn't see it)

Matchup is terrible for Elena

Low tiger shots = Can't slide

High/Floaty ass jump arc = Can't jump in

Sweep is -16 (worst sweep in the game?) = Kara DP

ex Mallet smash is -5 = eat a DP or jab combo

I don't think she beats any shoto's either tbh.

I don't think Xiaohai knows this match up like Daigo does. I expect this to be pretty free for Louffy. He's out of the running to win, but he can still finish strong and earn a decent check out of this.

Momochi has been beating Daigo since as long as I can remember, from his vanilla Gouki to his 2012 Cody.

Can't say I remember any time of daigo taking him (he probably did I just can't remember or didn't see it)

Daigo beat Momochi at all Gods Garden events.

He beat his Gouki 2-0.
He beat his Ken 3-0 and 10-5
He beat his Ibuki 10-3

Since Topanga the complete opposite happened and now Momochi is making Daigo look free.

Wait what? Louffy has his wife and 4-5 other dudes there? Man that quite a big support group he has. I think PR Rog and Smug went by themselves.

EDIT: Xiaohai still dropping combos, come on man. This has gotten you killed so many times this weekend.

Xian's left with: Momochi, Daigo and Poongko

Daigo's left with: Xian, Bonchan, and Sako

I'd say Daigo has the harder path, but it comes down to their match with each other imo.

Sako is still in the running.

He has Daigo, Xiaohai, and Momochi.

If he beats wins the rest of his matches and Daigo beats Xian and Bonchan, they are all tied up as Daigo> Xian > Sako > Daigo. Even Poongko still has a chance.

pixelish

anyone has this message on top of their stream? is it just the japanese way of saying "sorry for the inconvenience caused by the audio glitch"?
4EBYDNC.png

anyone has this message on top of their stream? is it just the japanese way of saying "sorry for the inconvenience caused by the audio glitch"?

I got it to, don't know though.

And it looks like I might be wrong about Xiaohai. He's off to a good start, we'll see if he can keep it up though.

pixelish

biggest adjustment louffy has made today: i noticed he has not done any cr. mp > soul spark in both matches so far.

edit: nvm, i just saw he did that. thought he has stopped doing it after seeing that most of the players have blown up that block/hit string.

Daigo beat Momochi at all Gods Garden events.

He beat his Gouki 2-0.
He beat his Ken 3-0 and 10-5
He beat his Ibuki 10-3

Since Topanga the complete opposite happened and now Momochi is making Daigo look free.

I remember the Momochi Ibuki from the same day or week that had the Daigo/Mochi set. Not sure if it was vs Daigo or Sako or someone else though.

I remember he was getting blown up and the chat kept saying (and even whatever fighting game thread we had here on gaf) to switch to Gouki and he didn't and ended losing. His Ibuki was ass, or at least in that set.

Xtyle

Perhaps that match with Momochi Daigo should just jump in. Risk and reward. He was just holding it back the whole time...that probably costed him the games and match.

I read in Chinese forum that he's a KoF player and doesn't play SF4 as much. Well, that kinda explains...

Well there's more money in SF despite KOF being bigger in China. Even the big tournament that happened in China was for SF and he won that tournament over Dark Jiewa.

Xtyle

Well there's more money in SF despite KOF being bigger in China. Even the big tournament that happened in China was for SF and he won that tournament over Dark Jiewa.

But when was that? Apparently he got full of himself and stopping practicing it much

Perhaps that match with Momochi Daigo should just jump in. Risk and reward. He was just holding it back the whole time...that probably costed him the games and match.

I didn't see the match, will have to go back and watch it later. But most of the time Daigo tries to stay grounded at all times. He almost never attempts to jump in as a read or reaction. He's also been doing less Umeshoryu's in the past year. Recently it looked like he has been taking more risk. But that seems dependent on the match up with either the player or the character. Momochi seems to be one of those guys where he just won't jump. I don't know if it's out of respect or fear but he'll rarely do it. Same will probably go for when he faces Bonchan. Bonchan will definitely be using Ryu in that set so we'll see what adjustments Daigo has made since their last meeting.

Smug vs Poongko, I hope Poongko can put up a decent fight. If not at least we can quickly move on to the next match.

Top Bottom