• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

.la1n

Eh I'll find out first hand come Tuesday but I do value Max's opinion so whatever version of the game he was playing obviously did not have great netcode. They didn't spend the effort in the first place to have great netcode so I am not super confident they'll patch it. Was really looking forward to the game too but I don't have much in the way of locals to train with so this is pretty sad.

Westlo

Shutouts to y'all not using spoiler tags.

Don't see the point in using spoiler tags when the damn thread titles for these weekly threads ruin the results of most big tournaments a few hours after they're finished.

Mo Momochi Mo Problems - Oh wow wonder who won SWSX
BonCHAMP - Oh wow, wonder who won Red Bull
DaiGod - Oh wow wonder who won NCR

In a few days time, SAKO DA GAWD - Hmm I wonder who won Topanga world!

naw

In a few days time, SAKO DA GAWD - Hmm I wonder who won Topanga world!
3V8qFHN.png

Kikujiro

It might sound jaded, but I do think this is way more important to MK fans than passable netcode.

You're right, casual fans don't really care about the online, they mostly play fighting games offline, this is why both MK and Soul Calibur sell really well with their meaty offline modes (used to sell in the case of SC).

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Honestly, Max and LI Joe are very trustworthy when it comes to Netcode impressions. Sadly, it's clear NRS just reused Injustice netcode. I highly doubt they will really invest any time into making the netcode "next gen" level a.k.a on the same level as K.I or Skullgirls.

We have new fucking consoles there is no excuse for fighters not using rollback netcode on the same level as K.I or Skullgirls (I think SG overall has the best fighting game netcode out.)

End of the day NRS will sell millions most MK fans seem to be buying it for the story mode and other offline modes.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
also, the game hasn't come out yet and others are reporting the netcode is fine. so let's let the dust settle before we freak out?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Netcode impressions that are less than OMG incredible are worrying, because no matter what they end up being a few notches below that when the games hit the masses.

LakeEarth

Street Fighter live action movie is wack as fuck, cmon now. Can't compare to the MK movie.
For sure, I think the MK movie was the first video game based movie that gave a shit about the source material. The movies before that (Mario, street fighter, double dragon) just took the characters and then made up whatever shit they wanted to. It wasn't to the letter but way better than the other ones.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
For sure, I think the MK movie was the first video game based movie that gave a shit about the source material. The movies before that (Mario, street fighter, double dragon) just took the characters and then made up whatever shit they wanted to. It wasn't to the letter but way better than the other ones.
the opening lines to Mario make me crack the fuck up

sikvod00

Banned
Had no idea Sonic Fox was so young. Really cool.
Edit: Damn, he's so giddy and awkward in his interview. Again, really cool. :3

petghost

Banned
Mkx looks kinda whack imo...also hella racist comments in chat wonder if this game brings in another crowd from standard fgc stuff.

Skilletor

fighting games are one of the hardest genres to have quality netplay. what's bad for fighting games maybe passable for other genre's.

Nah, there are lots of fighters with great netcode. Somebody made ggpo as a fucking hobby. These companies with millions of dollars for a budget have no excuse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think if I had to go rewatch any of the movies, it would definitely be the SF one, even if you could probably say the MK films were less-shitty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MKX doesn't seem to be doing anything new/different enough for me to want to continue watching or even play it. I think variations are the coolest idea, and maaaaaaaybe that will change when people have time to learn more than one variation, but how the hits connect is still too MK and not that pleasing.

Anne

Yeah fatalities are not for me lol

Idk if it's the streams or just me but the coloring seems off. Oh well. Day -3 MKX looks like nobody has any idea what to be doing, as expected lol. Game looks neato.

Comparing it to MK9 when the players had the game for a day before they got it is lol worthy. It's def MK and they'll be playing it like 9 since it's what they had, but they haven't had enough time with the game to even think about some of the new stuff going into it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah fatalities are not for me lol

Idk if it's the streams or just me but the coloring seems off. Oh well. Day -3 MKX looks like nobody has any idea what to be doing, as expected lol. Game looks neato.

Comparing it to MK9 when the players had the game for a day before they got it is lol worthy. It's def MK and they'll be playing it like 9 since it's what they had, but they haven't had enough time with the game to even think about some of the new stuff going into it.
It's absolutely a game that does not come off well on streams or if there's any video compression. Dark, with lots of grays and browns. I'm sure it looks better in person, but even the trailers didn't do much for me TBH. Kind of like Injustice in that respect, and just like Injustice I see myself getting tired of even the more colourful stages fast.

Anne

It's absolutely a game that does not come off well on streams or if there's any video compression. Dark, with lots of grays and browns. I'm sure it looks better in person, but even the trailers didn't do much for me TBH. Kind of like Injustice in that respect, and just like Injustice I see myself getting tired of even the more colourful stages fast.

Yeah, the black levels look completely crushed. The stage they're on now is pretty and the lighting effects come off okay, but the shadows over the models are kind of overwhelming. Shame because the models and environments look nice, shading and coloring are not going to look good on a stream.

Top Bottom