• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

ChaosXVI

Wow! I can't believe Majora took the month! That's some pretty sweet news, and definitely shows that the thirst for it was real, and Nintendo couldn't have done better with teasing it for like 2 damn years.

Also surprised that 3DS kicked that much ass this month as well, I honestly didn't think people would really care that much about the n3DS.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Really good numbers for Majora's, Monster Hunter and new 3DS!

Bye aqua-love :'-(

Derpyduck

Banned
The Order placing 9 and only have 8 days for NPD = bombs??? When did the standards get so high?

Games like that are front-loaded. If it didn't sell well the first day or two, it isn't ever going to. And seeing as how within a week of release it wasn't even in Amazon's top 100 anymore, it's not exactly a slow-burner.

Games like that are front-loaded. If it didn't sell well the first day or two, it isn't ever going to. And seeing as how within a week of release it wasn't even in Amazon's top 100 anymore, it's not exactly a slow-burner.

Yup, that's the biggest problem for the Order, if it didn't sell during it's release month then it won't sell much after.

Maybesew

By "games like that" do you mean ones that every review shits on?

DieH@rd

Banned
Implying PS4 sold over 400k when last year it was 286k seems implausible

I don't know sales for this Feb, but history shows us that console sales rise with each passing year in the first half of the consoles lifecycle. Even if we ignore Order, everyone who wants to purchase PS4 now has 150+ games to find fun with, but last year they had less than 50.

OzzMejia

Neo Member
The official MS statement:

“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015. In February 2015, fans spent an average of 74 hours on Xbox Live in the U.S. – three times the amount of hours the average user spends on social networks*. And, Xbox Live set new records, quadrupling global gaming hours on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in February 2015 compared to February 2014. We are grateful to our fans for choosing to play on Xbox One. Offerings and experiences will continue to expand with Xbox One and 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' available together for $349, new games launching this month including 'ScreamRide' and 'Ori and the Blind Forest,' hundreds of new ID@Xbox games in development, and plans to make gaming even better on Windows 10 and Xbox.” – Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox Marketing, Microsoft

So what are the excuses for The Order going to be?

- It came out on the 20th
- It was bundled (it wasn't)
- 9th isn't THAT bad

Haha the last one has already been used. The future of RAD is going to be interesting to see, The Order is the game they wanted to make and if that is their vision for games, just damn. I don't personally think they are going to get another chance by Sony but let's see where it goes, if they did get another chance and the same people are at RAD the sequel ain't going to be much better than 1886 is it? Like I said the tech was awesome, it's everything else that was poor.

I find people that compared RAD to ND a huge insult to the latter, heck I enjoyed Heavy Rain x1000 more than The Order. Unfortunately it perhaps is the case that RAD are only good at making games for franchises with established mechanics, unable to produce their own of note.

hahaha fucking hell

Derpyduck

Banned
By "games like that" do you mean ones that every review shits on?

Yes, games with terrible reviews and awful word-of-mouth. As opposed to Dying Light which had negative reviews and very very positive word of mouth. It's not surprising that Dying Light is still in Amazon's top 100.

Toki767

Also people can't say Evolve is a flop anymore.

Depends what they were targeting. I'd imagine they probably got around 400K total. That doesn't seem particularly high. Pretty good for a new IP, but it's not selling gangbusters or anything.

Paganmoon

The Order placing 9 and only have 8 days for NPD = bombs??? When did the standards get so high?

8 days of NPD is a lot for a new release. New releases are extremely front loaded, and can many times still end at number 1, even with 1 to 3 days of counted sales.

9:th is not good, no way to spin it, sadly. :(

Boke1879

8 days of NPD is a lot for a new release. New releases are extremely front loaded, and can many times still end at number 1, even with 1 to 3 days of counted sales.

9:th is not good, no way to spin it, sadly. :(

Right now Sony can either drop the price by 30 bucks or IMO just bundle a download code with every system like TLOU

Mr Moose

iZm4yHGHyQIga.gif

Is that real?

Xbox One 276k

That's pretty good.

Top Bottom