• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

You can pretty much see the decline of sensibility and logic in 5 out of 6 opinions in here. Nobody even wants to have a discussion about anything. Highly troubling. I regret stepping foot in this thread, and I strongly advise for anyone who doesn't believe in capital punishment to get the fuck out of here if they value humanity.

See ya in a stupid thread somewhere.

Because there's nothing to discuss with someone who places more value in a child rapist than the child being raped.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Curious as to what your definition of monster is. What's worse than "pedophile rapist" that would earn your label of monster?

People who eat muffins tops and leave the stem... Those Monsters!

What am I supposed to do with 3 stems, I need some top goodness too =/

wildfire

Banned
There was an investigation. The grand jury decided not to indict.

As someone who doesn't support the death penalty for various reasons.

applause.gif

I doubt his death was from a single punch personally.

I was molested as a child, I don't feel anyone deserves the death pentality, regardless of the action.

I don't think that the man received the death penalty. He received an overreaction from the instincts of a human male, one not completely or even remotely in control of his faculties.

I don't think the man received the death penalty. He just received death.

I don't think that the man received the death penalty. He received an overreaction from the instincts of a human male, one not completely or even remotely in control of his faculties.

Then maybe he shouldn't have tried to bang a very young child. Oh well.

SUPREME1

Banned
Man oh fucking man... some of the people in here are either A. Robots or B. Have never had a deep emotional connection with a child

I don't have kids of my own, but I did work at a Day Care Center for 2 years. The ages ranged from 4 months to 12 years. let me tell you people who have remorse for that piece of human garbage, you have no idea, none what so ever, how precious and beloved a child can be in the eyes of people who care for them. You will do anything and everything to protect them. It's a natural human instinct and one of the best traits human beings have.

If I were in this situation I don't know what I would do. And I'm not about to hypothesize what I would do in some fantasy scenario. All I can say is that the father reacted in his instincts to protect something dear and precious to him, something that cannot protect it's self. I'm not going to begrudge him for that. I'm also not going to pretend like the loss of the predators life was this unfortunate occurrence worthy of even an ounce of my sympathy. Because as far as I'm concerned he isn't.

And anyone who thinks the father should get time for this is being ridiculous. This man is not a danger to anyone who isn't trying to rape his 4 year old daughter. There is no need for any type of rehabilitation. For god sakes, that girl just went through a horrible moment in her life and the last thing she needs is to have her father being ripped away from her for doing what he felt needed to be done.

First off, great post Force.

Re the bolded part: It's not even an exclusive human instinct to protect your young by any means necesaary. To go into berserker rage mode when your young are in danger. Animals, from the smallest bird to the biggest bear will attack whoever they believe is a danger.

Secondly, can someone address the following:

Who is to say that the man who was in the middle of forcibly raping that child, would not have strangled her when he was done? A girl aged 4 can communicate just fine with her parents and could have told her folks who it was, when asked "baby, who did this to you?"

This guy was bold enough to snatch her right up under eveyone's nose, what makes you think he wouldn't have taken it the next level?

I'm not a father yet, but my wife is 19 weeks pregnant and I know I would do anything in my power to protect them even if it meant taking a life. I can only imagine how he felt seeing a grown ass man with his mits all over his precious daughter.

There is no fault on the father's side. He was put in that situation by that pedophile piece of trash child rapist.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I think he received the 100 percent correct reaction from the instincts of a human father. I suppose it's unfortunate that he died in the sense that it is unfortunate that death exists, but that's about it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If it were my daughter being raped, you can bet your ass that I wouldn't feel the least bit safe about stopping punching him until the assailant wasn't moving. For all I know in that instant if I show mercy, he could pull out a gun, shoot me and continue raping her. I'd do exactly what he did; pull him off and beat until no longer moving, then call police/ambulance and go from there.

Father of the year in my book, a fucking hero.

TRios Zen

I'm going to start labeling people with mental illnesses as monsters, since that seems to be the ongoing trend in this thread.

Wait....what?

Who has proven, or even suggested that the man who raped/molested this 4 year old was mentally ill? OR are you assuming that because he did something so heinous, he must be?

Despera

Banned
I think he received the 100 percent correct reaction from the instincts of a human father. I suppose it's unfortunate that he died in the sense that it is unfortunate that death exists, but that's about it.
This.

If it's true the man was molesting the girl, then his death is justified, regardless of his mental health record.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
As the father of a 5 year old, it's all instinct. I hate killing cockroaches, but if my daughter was in danger (and being violently raped is horrible danger and pain), there isn't anything I wouldn't do, and I wouldn't think about consequences until I've secured my daughter's safety or I'm dead, whichever comes first.

Anyone who doesn't understand that is overthinking it. It's all instinct, it's your own flesh and blood getting violated in front of you, as a parent, self-preservation extends out to your kids.

Just popped in this thread out of curiosity to see if anyone had shown up by now to defend the dead guy. Now that I see they have, I'll be out.

GAF can be the ultimate Devil's Advocate, even when it's unnecessary.

I'm going to start labeling people with mental illnesses as monsters, since that seems to be the ongoing trend in this thread.

Most people in this thread seem to be labelling child rapists as monsters actually. The only way your comment makes sense is if you accept that an attraction to children is inherently a mental illness, and that everyone who is attracted to children cannot control their urges. Raping a child takes conscious, deliberate action, so these people are rightly labeled as monsters.

YoungHav

Banned
I have avoided this thread up until now, but just the mere fact that it keeps hovering in the 1st page and this is GAF, does not fucking surprise me that there is a defense force.

eznark

Banned

I'm going to start excusing and apologizing for the actions of monsters by saying they are "mentally ill."

Oh, no i'm not. I'm going to keep championing the heroes that leave the world a safer place by shuffling the piece of shit child rapists off the mortal coil.

There's a huge difference between someone who is benign and has a mental illness and one who rapes children. I don't care what's going on in someone's head if they're in the middle of raping someone, that guy is a monster, and I'm going to hurt them as bad as I can.

Sure, maybe if he was only potential monster and this "mental illness" showed itself beforehand, we'd be like, you need help, we're gonna help you, but the dude was in the middle of raping a 4 year old. I hope you're just trolling.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm going to start excusing and apologizing for the actions of monsters by saying they are "mentally ill."

Oh, no i'm not. I'm going to keep championing the heroes that leave the world a safer place by shuffling the piece of shit child rapists off the mortal coil.

Here, Here!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The man was a dangerous predator and I do not feel sorry for him. I don't see it as a question of whether or not he deserved to die, but whether or not the father was justified in doing what he did. I read in the paper yesterday about him not being charged with murder, and how he tried desperately to save the man's life. Clearly he didn't intend to actually kill him, or at least immediately regretted it, but when you choose to do something like rape a five year old you should expect to be met with self defense that can lead to your death. I'm happy the father isn't being charged with murder for doing what he had to do.

Sibylus

Banned
You can pretty much see the decline of sensibility and logic in 5 out of 6 opinions in here. Nobody even wants to have a discussion about anything. Highly troubling. I regret stepping foot in this thread, and I strongly advise for anyone who doesn't believe in capital punishment to get the fuck out of here if they value humanity.

See ya in a stupid thread somewhere.
I was content to just read and muse over the posts in this thread until I saw this delightfully idiotic offering pop up. Others have said it, and I'll chime in as well: I'm against capital punishment for a myriad of reasons, yet I see nothing particularly heinous about the father's actions. He acted exemplary given the circumstances, what with reporting the incident immediately and requesting an ambulance for the attacker. People are celebrating him. It's a fucking mystery as to why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom