• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food burger menu's are a joke of their former selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I'm not a rabbit. I prefer the veggies and condiments being taken off the menu items, because it makes it less likely they'll mess up and forget to take it off when I request so.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I miss Hot n' Now. That was the perfect fast food burger joint. Limited options but cheap and ready when you get to the window.

I had Burger King for the first time in forever last year and was so perplexed looking at the menu. Something about seeing a sandwich being called a Long Burger threw me off.

I miss the Angus.

Kas

Shake shack likely worth the drive

Dunno where you live but the Hollywood location sells booze too and I think has TVs, you can catch a clippers game and make a night out of it

Edit: typo
The one I went to in NYC had beer on tap and also served wine. It was amazing. Plus, the food was great, and not too expensive

edgefusion

McDonald's in the UK are doing a thing right now where each week there's a new burger inspired by a different part of the world.

It's the same burger every week with a different sauce.

Crayon

The Carl's jr menu illustrates the distopian end game of moral relativism.

Disclaimer: This is a joke.

If you're in Texas go to Five Guys or Whataburger.

One immigrated here and one is a Texas tradition from Corpus Christi.

Both offer full customization of your burger, use real meat, and offer great service & sides.

Five Guys has fully loaded peanuts (all you can eat), fantastic jalapenos, and a huge selection of fountain drinks and milkshakes

Whataburger has one of the best dessert menus ever. The original honey chicken-strip bbq sandwhich (sex in your mouth) and milkshakes and malts (best malts ever).

Can't go wrong with either.

Drahcir

The Double Del cheeseburger at Del Taco. I've stopped ordering anything else at Del Taco since I had my first taste of it.

mlclmtckr

Banned
A&W always seemed to have a variety of options.

All I ever get at McDonald's is the cheeseburger though so I'm not exactly a fast food burger connoisseur.

ch4fx_

2 JR bacon cheezzze burgs plzzz.

Agreed though OP. The McDonald's menu you linked is bland as fuck.. Quarter Pounder, DOUBLE QUARTER POUNDER. Cheeseburger, DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER. I'm pretty sure lettuce/pickles/onions/tomatoes ect.. come on all Sonic burgers, at least.

Wendys <3

Joco

I wish Wisconsin had more choices for fast-food burgers. There's the usual McDonald's and Burger King of course, which are for the most part forgettable. Culver's is good but eventually you wish there was another good option or two. I see all these posts about In-N-Out, ShakeShack, Burger-Fi, etc. and weep.

commedieu

Banned
I'd say Wendy's has the best fastfood burger.

I agree with this. Very flavorful patty. Def more so than in and out or five guys. I was actually shocked by how good it was. Very well seasoned meat.

In and out is more about the sauce cheese flavor. FIVE guys tastes like just a frozen patty.

AColdDay

While I was in California, I tried Five Guys and In-And-Out and wasn't really impressed. Nothing is better than Whataburger in the USA. I want to go out of the country to try some of those awesome-looking burgers in England, Canada and Japan.

Slayven

hqdefault.jpg

Norns

Nah, you are just both jelly you don't have them. They are also the best bang for your buck, it costs the same as cheeseburger but cheeseburger provides 1273KJ while on the other hand chickenburger is 1484KJ.
We have them. They are called chicken sandwiches. Or a McChicken.

Chickenburger just lol.

moojito

wat. meat, two bits of bread. Cheese.

There's your burger. Away with your hipster rabbit food nonsense.

Yazzees

I prefer simple menus.

Five Guys, In -N-Out, The Habit, etc.

One of the reasons these low end fast food joints are struggling is because they try do too many things.

I worked at a Five Guys for a few months and I'm not exaggerating when I say a good half of customers needed the menu and ordering process explained to them from the bottom-up. A lot of people seem to get really confused when confronted with a lack of McDonalds-esque numbered combo meals.

bman94

Nah, you are just both jelly you don't have them. They are also the best bang for your buck, it costs the same as cheeseburger but cheeseburger provides 1273KJ while on the other hand chickenburger is 1484KJ.

Chickenburger is the correct general term used in Canada too. The McChicken is just the branding.

No, it's not just branding, all of the fast food places I mentioned have chicken products, they are called Chicken Sandwiches, not fucking chickenburgers. Whenever I read "chickenburger" I think of the McGangBang with beef and chicken in the same bun.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
No, it's not just branding, all of the fast food places I mentioned have chicken products, they are called Chicken Sandwiches, not fucking chickenburgers. Whenever I read "chickenburger" I think of the McGangBang with beef and chicken in the same bun.
I've never seen a sit down restaurant saying a chicken sandwich, besides a hot chicken sandwich (wich is a sandwich). It's called a chickenburger here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom