• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global rise in autoimmune diseases linked to western fast food

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Also, no matter what, home cooked food always tastes better than fast food trash, and if your using natural ingredients, it'll always be better for you health.
Maybe if you're a good cook and have to time to cook a great meal, a home cooked meal is better than doing take out. But most people prefer saving time and just doing drive thru.

Maybe I'm just a shitty cook, but if I was craving a Big Mac with fries, there's no way I can make that at home just as good (if not better) and faster than buying it.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sorry EviLore EviLore .. All I can do is to let out a big sigh and regain my pro active detachment because "duh ofcourse this shit isn't benefitting humankind, better ignore it or go insane"

I mean, this isn't news. And to see how popular it still is brings a tear to my eye. Realized this decades ago. I can't even bother anymore because it's such a fundamental problem. We all know this right? Why is this not taught in school? Tell it how it is. No? Oh sorry profits rule the game my bad smh. Same goes for social media and how it impacts society on a whole. I guess is more profitable to teach political correctness and rewritten history. Otherwise you'll end up a cog that doesn't fit in this machine they have created.

200.gif

Last edited:

Outlier

If you want to eat healthier, then get the healthier options.
Even the healthy foods are bad for us, if we don't eat them in moderation. I actually managed to get high-blood sugar from eating too many berries and went into food coma.

I know. Easier said and such, but what else are we going to do? Start farming in our non-existent backyards?

Food sucks. :^\

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I kinda doubt at least in the US that we are really all that safe simply avoiding fast food, particularly if you eat a lot of meat w/ the direction that industry went a long time ago.

Anecdotal but I had fast food maybe 5 times growing up, parents were meat and potatoes kinda people.. I was fitter, more naturally muscular than my peers.. I still ended up with an auto-immune disease (that they are still trying to figure out WTF to even call it or how to treat it.)

n0razi

Lets call it what it is. A sad reality that is much harder to fix than we are willing to admit. We live a very busy and fast life in this country with little to no down time. Me and the wife have been trying our damndest to avoid fast food as much as possible, but the convenience of it coupled with our work/home lives kind of "force" us to rely on this sort of convenience at times just so we can keep our sanity. Not to mention, that the cost for creating a home meal has really sky rocketed the last couple of years.

Personally, I am leveraging 3 days of hello fresh a week, 1 "GOOD" home meal day, 2 "Simple" home meals and 1 takeout/fastfood day a week. We try our hardest to keep to this. (Breakfast are kept simple through the week(boiled eggs, toasts etc) while lunches are taken care of through the School most of the week, and its either pizza or sandwiches in the weekend).

Regardless, its not easy at all with 2 kids.

Use meal delivery services like Freshly; I use Snap Kitchen but its only in Texas.

daveonezero

Banned
I doubt it is the fast food.

It is highly likely the ingredients in the fast food and all over grocery stores. Plus the meat and dairy industry feed their cattle poison.

This is why people get healthier when they cut out processed foods and preservatives.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
there is a lot of modern science which draws connections between the gut bacteria health and the brain.

There are diets which promote healthy bacteria dominance in your microbiome, but to be honest, most people just wouldn't be able to stick to it. Refined Sugars, alchohol, white fllour, not to mention a ton of artificial sweeteners and contaminants from plastic packaging there is no wonder we are all getting sicker.

The older I get the more I regret eating like shit for most of my life. The saying 'you are what you eat' is very true.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Maybe if you're a good cook and have to time to cook a great meal, a home cooked meal is better than doing take out. But most people prefer saving time and just doing drive thru.

Maybe I'm just a shitty cook, but if I was craving a Big Mac with fries, there's no way I can make that at home just as good (if not better) and faster than buying it.

Learning to cook is easy if you start with the basics and work you way up. It's not time consuming either depending on what you cook. I can easily whip up a healthy family meal in 30 mins, including prep time.

If your craving a big Mac and fries it's probably because your addicted to junk food. However, trust me. A home cooked burger and fries is far superior than a chemical filled McDonald's, plus they're pretty easy to make.

Brake the habit, brother! Say no to junk food! Protect your body, mind and the environment.

Top Bottom