• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Worlds announced

kingfey

Banned
? They've been giving out free content though.
That happened BEFORE MS bought Zenimax...
That was when they messed up with the 100$ sub fees for servers. It was hillarious, everyone getting mad in the process.

Glad the game got free updates, and redeemed itself. It was full of controversial before.

My best one

MrA

so people that like bethesda's rpgs, is this good yet? seemed like they put in a lot of effort and I like the map, but I don't feel like downloading it and shuffling everything on my hdd if it is still dull and full of griefers, what's this an ultra rare enemy, oh good back up! back up begins shooting you in the back

EDMIX

That was when they messed up with the 100$ sub fees for servers. It was hillarious, everyone getting mad in the process.

Glad the game got free updates, and redeemed itself. It was full of controversial before.

My best one
Ok..... AND THEY GAVE FREE CONTENT.

The "why" is irreletant.

So its not "now" that they are doing free content, its they've BEEN doing free content.... as in, they are continuing to do free content. You can goal post by arguing on why it happened, but its irrelvant to what is being talked about. They did this years ago and I see no reason to question if they did only to then back peddle to make it seem as if it was ONLY because xyz etc. Nah.

It happened. I could care less anyone's reasonings or excuses on why they feel it happened to downplay the move. Bethesda didn't need to give all that content for free, many publishers will sit there and charge you for those expansions no questions asked, even if the game failed lol

So I'm sure lots of controversial things happened before, but they gave free content then, they are giving free content now and its not a brand new thing or idea or anything like that.

M MrA You can pick it up used for like $5, its a solid RPG and if you like exploring the fallout games, this game lives up to that experience. Trust me, I love the Fallout series and Fallout 76 won't be in my top favorite of the series, but its not the worst and folks exaggerate a lot, its a solid title.

Last edited:
so people that like bethesda's rpgs, is this good yet? seemed like they put in a lot of effort and I like the map, but I don't feel like downloading it and shuffling everything on my hdd if it is still dull and full of griefers, what's this an ultra rare enemy, oh good back up! back up begins shooting you in the back

PVP is pretty much non-existent, can't grief like that anymore.That's why all the saltboys are on this thread instead of in-game griefing like when it launched. There are trap camps which are hilarious, you can find some examples on youtube. I've never seen one personally. Besides that there's like no trolling at all, the players in the game are usually hella friendly.

PhoenixTank

"Good" is going to be very subjective sadly. Player attacks against you basically do nothing if you change the setting to "not slap back". Just the occasional "I needed to hit that enemy but they're dead already"
Honestly most of the people I'd met are pretty friendly or just outright leave you alone if they aren't.

It sounds like you played before? If you don't want to shuffle space around for the 65GB or so... best bet is telling people when/what was happening in game then and going from there or what your dislikes/sticking points were.

Last edited:

MrA

Ok..... AND THEY GAVE FREE CONTENT.

The "why" is irreletant.

So its not "now" that they are doing free content, its they've BEEN doing free content.... as in, they are continuing to do free content. You can goal post by arguing on why it happened, but its irrelvant to what is being talked about. They did this years ago and I see no reason to question if they did only to then back peddle to make it seem as if it was ONLY because xyz etc. Nah.

It happened. I could care less anyone's reasonings or excuses on why they feel it happened to downplay the move. Bethesda didn't need to give all that content for free, many publishers will sit there and charge you for those expansions no questions asked, even if the game failed lol

So I'm sure lots of controversial things happened before, but they gave free content then, they are giving free content now and its not a brand new thing or idea or anything like that.

M MrA You can pick it up used for like $5, its a solid RPG and if you like exploring the fallout games, this game lives up to that experience. Trust me, I love the Fallout series and Fallout 76 won't be in my top favorite of the series, but its not the worst and folks exaggerate a lot, its a solid title.
Free on gamepass, so cost isn't a barrier, but griefers and the lack of npcs really ruined but if it has the npcs bring back a reason to explore the world and griefers can't mess it up, I'll probably give it another shot.

I've read the tweet and I've still got no idea what this is...

It's the private server changes they've had planned for a while now. Basically adding ton of customizable options for private worlds, shit people have been begging for since they've launched. They've got all the information in the link in the tweet.

EDMIX

Free on gamepass, so cost isn't a barrier, but griefers and the lack of npcs really ruined but if it has the npcs bring back a reason to explore the world and griefers can't mess it up, I'll probably give it another shot.

Even that was exaggerated. Fallout 76 actually had NPCs, that is something many kept arguing and ignored those of us who literally owned the game.

The game has NPCs when it launched, it simply didn't have HUMAN NPCs as the team wanted that interaction between wastlanders as a design thing, you actually had many NPCs roaming the game, simply not human. Give it a shot, its really not as bad as many have stated and I enjoyed what I got from Fallout 76, even if it was some massive 200 hour thing I did with Fallout 4 or 3 lol

I still got my moneys worth and got those exploration, looting, lore and narrative told thru objects....feels.

Patrick S.

Banned
PVP is pretty much non-existent, can't grief like that anymore.That's why all the saltboys are on this thread instead of in-game griefing like when it launched. There are trap camps which are hilarious, you can find some examples on youtube. I've never seen one personally. Besides that there's like no trolling at all, the players in the game are usually hella friendly.
My first experience in Fallout 76 was being AFK for a moment and returning to a dude standing right in front of me shooting me in the face for like 5-10 minutes before he finally realized he wasn't dealing any damage, got bored, and left. People are weird xD

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Top Bottom