• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

evil west is so addicting

Bartski

Gold Member
Not worth a thread so a little LTTP bump here - I just beat the game via gamepass and wow honestly it was a blast!

Not the impression I had after playing the demo a while back, for some reason the devs decided it should take place on mission 1 - which is insane 'cause whole point of the combat system is the electric glove you get from mission 2 onwards. So it starts really mid but gets progressively better real quick, and by mission 5 or 6 it's so good it made me oversleep to work, twice.

Unapologetic dudebro cast on the quest to kick vampire ass, in what is basically an arena combat GoW18 clone. Simple as that.

It shits on exploration by constantly preventing any backtracking on branching paths, has piss poor IQ performance mode on console and has obnoxious hero lighting on everything... but other than that I can't think of anything it does wrong, banger action game through and through.

I think it's also "free" on PS+ now I guess? Go check it out.

I thought trailers for it looked cool, the idea is sound. Not enough western games in general. Stayed away as it seemed to get mediocre reviews. Cool to see that it's resonating with people. I'll have to check it out on a sale in the future.

SALMORE

the whole game is a glorified horde mode with boring and repetitive combat ! and i stopped caring about the story after 15 minutes

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It looks poor and plays poorly on PS5.

Gave up based on performance. It really should run better.

Are you playing Quality or Performance mode?

I've played it on both PS5 and SX and the Performance mode seems to be extremely good on both.

Top Bottom