• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever played a game that made you feel stupid?

LordOfChaos

So many late 80s/early 90s games. I have no idea how I made any progress in this as a kid. My memory may be tainted by being a kid and some of the things you had to do being so obscure though.

Bluecondor

Yes, right now I am playing the Switch version of Astroneer, and the controls are brutal. Even worse, every time I go on Youtube and try to find out something specific like how to access caves safely (without falling in and being doomed to die because you can't get climb back up to the entrance), I end up watching an old video that pertains to the PC version. I have no idea how to make this work in the Switch version. I can't help but think that there are many other Switch players out there who are smarter/more patient than me who are breezing through these same issues.

Astroneer is a good game with some really interesting things to unlock, but these confusing controls on the Switch version have really ruined the experience for me. I'm losing my motivation to play the game.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Metal Gear Solid series. I've never been able to wrap my head around the controls and I feel like a chicken with its head cut off while playing.

Pantz

Sewer Shark for Sega CD. Never figured out what to do. Got to the first death point and died every time.

MastAndo

Countless times in my gaming history, but most recently, I've been trying to find an MMORPG to play. I don't really even NEED to play an MMO since I'm not going to raid or run dungeons over and over with strangers or anything like that, but I want to explore an open world and level up a custom character and kill some baddies and like the idea of other people running around in the same world.

Regardless, the sheer number of systems and currencies and items and skills and tiny texts and menus so on in these games are just too much for my tiny brain to handle. It's sensory overload for me. I did enjoy the combat in Black Desert Online for a bit and the questing in ESO is a good time, but all in all, I should just be playing Donkey Kong.

Last edited:
Fucking Fez.

Everybody was talking about these wild discoveries they made. Cryptic descriptions of things they discovered and unlocked. And then theres me where to this day I never figured out the cube things or deciphered the alphabet.

V4skunk

Banned
Baba is you easily number 1.
Factario can heavily melt your brain trying to build shit properly.
Dwarf Fortress.

Chess.com. You quickly realise you in fact suck at chess, have mastered nothing, underestimate your opponent and are stupid. My son and I battle at a near even level, he's 12. He's quickly passing my basic-intermediate strategies.

Dicey Dungeons. While it's rules are not complicated i met two opponents within one hour that i just couldn't beat and they couldn't beat me. Gave up after 20 minutes on both, guess my choice of items sucks.

Top Bottom