• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - Valkyria Chronicles, dark Souls 2, mgs5, R&C and much more

Raddy100

Neo Member
Should I buy MGS 5 now, or wait for the definitive edition? I got Ground Zero through PS plus a while back. Is the DLC worth it?

Bishop89

Should I buy MGS 5 now, or wait for the definitive edition? I got Ground Zero through PS plus a while back. Is the DLC worth it?
If I'm not mistaken the dlc is only for multiplayer? So if you don't care for the mp, see no reason not to just get it now, especially since you already have gz.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the dlc

Kuraudo

Banned
Oh wow. I was going to order Dark Souls 2 this week, but decided to hold off until today to see if it went on sale. It's exactly the price I was hoping for too. That worked out nicely :)

KZObsessed

I know, I just like to go digital as much as possible these days. Literally have cupboards stacked full with game cases...

Although I think you've successfully shamed me into buying retail again :p

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If you haven't played Alien Isolation you absolutely have to try it at that price. Everyone needs to try that game, even if you hate horror games.

It is a masterpiece.

Any tips on how I should approach Diablo 3? Gonna buy it for that price but I haven't played it before...

You don't need advice, the controls and mechanics are very intuitive, and Blizzard do a great job of explaining them. Also nothing about your character is permanent, you can change out your abilities whenever you want. Just get it and enjoy. IMO the Crusader is the most fun character, so I recommend choosing that.

KNACK -60%

pltBH8q.gif

Risen 3 is pretty cheap too.

On a scale of Bound by Flame --------- Morrowind, how is it?

edit. 51 metacritic for the PS4 version....hrmmmm

They are never going to get the MGSV DLCs discounted anytime on PSN. That is why they are preparing the Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced: Either you buy the DLCs full priced or buy the full games again.

How does Assault Android Cactus compare to Alienation and Helldivers?
Different type of top-down shooter. More of a 'shmup' that overwhelms you with enemy numbers or 'bullet hell' bosses (mild exaggeration) akin to Housemarque's other games, rather than a dedicated co-op shooter like the above two. The levels are kept fairly compact, but they have dynamic environmental gimmicks to them which sometimes act as a threat in different ways too. Very fun game to chase S Ranks with in single player - especially when all 9 characters have varying abilities - and the (offline) co-op is a fun, chaotic addition too with the higher enemy count + optional metrics you can enable. Also helps there's little in the way of random BS too thanks to its tight, intricate underlying design.

Check out this trailer if you're still uncertain about the game.

Donos

In for assault cactus (although high risk of ps÷), shadowfall and dishonored. waiting on ratchet since it's going to be 10€ in a sale soon i bet. Backlog is huge so no problem. MGSV is to much game for me atm. Going to grab it in half a year or so.

Good sale.

Oh and grab Diablo 3!. Stellar game (adventure mode) , even solo. platinumed it playing solo.

Possibly Steamworld Heist for me, but honestly I need to reign it back in for a while as I've got loads to play already and a third baby on the way in a matter of weeks.

Paz

In for assault cactus (although high risk of ps÷)

Having been a vote to play game and demonstrated its extremely niche appeal by coming last despite high quality, I think it's the lowest ps+ risk you can get :p

danowat

Banned
Possibly Steamworld Heist for me, but honestly I need to reign it back in for a while as I've got loads to play already and a third baby on the way in a matter of weeks.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same, there is a ton I'd add to my cart, but in reality I just haven't got time to play them all.

On the subject of Steamworld Heist, I am assuming "the outsider" is DLC for it?.

Intel_89

In for assault cactus (although high risk of ps÷), shadowfall and dishonored. waiting on ratchet since it's going to be 10€ in a sale soon i bet. Backlog is huge so no problem. MGSV is to much game for me atm. Going to grab it in half a year or so.

Good sale.

Oh and grab Diablo 3!. Stellar game (adventure mode) , even solo. platinumed it playing solo.

Why is there a high chance? The previous games in a poll were Armello, Zombie Vikings and Action Henk (besides AAC) and none of those are as of yet PS+ titles.

FerranMG

Different type of top-down shooter. More of a 'shmup' that overwhelms you with enemy numbers or 'bullet hell' bosses (mild exaggeration) akin to Housemarque's other games, rather than a dedicated co-op shooter like the above two. The levels are kept fairly compact, but they have dynamic environmental gimmicks to them which sometimes act as a threat in different ways too. Very fun game to chase S Ranks with in single player - especially when all 9 characters have varying abilities - and the (offline) co-op is a fun, chaotic addition too with the higher enemy count + optional metrics you can enable. Also helps there's little in the way of random BS too thanks to its tight, intricate underlying design.

Check out this trailer if you're still uncertain about the game.

Awesome, thanks!

pbayne

Hmm glad i held the trigger on the previous sale.

Looking at Gundam, Psychonauts and Shantae. Maybe Steamwold and that Cactus game.

SxP

waiting on ratchet since it's going to be 10€ in a sale soon i bet.

Is this your first EU sale? The Order hasn't ever reached 10 euros and that game is way worse and way older. If you want games for those prices, go to the US sales.

Bishop89

Anything here worth picking up on Vita or PS3?

Link is only showing me 4 new added discounts

hmm weird, updated for me.

I dunno man, there is heaps.

If you havnt already, i strongly recommend digimon story cyber sleuth. One of the best jrpgs ive played in a long long time. I played on the ps4 though, but i don't think there is any differences between that and the vita version besides obviously performance/graphics.

oni-link

hmm weird, updated for me.

I dunno man, there is heaps.

If you havnt already, i strongly recommend digimon story cyber sleuth. One of the best jrpgs ive played in a long long time. I played on the ps4 though, but i don't think there is any differences between that and the vita version besides obviously performance/graphics.

It's showing me 256 discounts when I click your link to the AU page, but when I click it over to GB it shows only 4

Bishop89

It's showing me 256 discounts when I click your link to the AU page, but when I click it over to GB it shows only 4

im fairly certain 99.99% of the games showing on the Aus list will be on sale for GB too.
It's going to be a pain, but just look up my list and then manually search them on the webstore for your pricing, until the full list gets posted that is.

GenericUser

Risen 3 is pretty cheap too.

On a scale of Bound by Flame --------- Morrowind, how is it?

edit. 51 metacritic for the PS4 version....hrmmmm
Don't buy it. I am a huge gothic 2 fan, didn't like risen 3 at all. Story is really bad and there is no real sense of an open world because the game is separated into rather small "islands". Cannot recommend.

GenericUser

Gravity rush on PS4 is a must.

Can't remember the last time I had that much fun navigating the world. The gravity movement is awesome.

The world,, music, art and characters are great.

Combat is ok, it's not as bad as ppl say but is a bit repetitive.
Thanks for all the impressions, gonna pull the trigger on gravity rush then. Although I don't really know what game it is. Videos looked awesome though. Been a while since I went THAT blind into a game.

Phear

Thanks for all the impressions, gonna pull the trigger on gravity rush then. Although I don't really know what game it is. Videos looked awesome though. Been a while since I went THAT blind into a game.

I'm in, too, allthough i've got a HUGE backlog.

brawly

I'd get Sleeping Dogs but I'm sure if I did then it goes PS+/GWXBL next month...

So maybe I should do it for you guys.

Top Bottom