• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN EASTER SALE - 490+ items!! Digimon N.O, Yakuza 0 and more..

Metalmarc

Went with

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle
War of the Monsters
Earth Defense 4.1
Also found everybodys Tennis for £3.29 in price drops
And last £3 odd on that OAP Kart racer game called Coffin Dodgers, which im guessing is probably the biggest turd ever judging by the reviews, i should have searched first, but oh well.

Also got the sweet Humble Bundle full deal for my usa account yesterday, instead of buying them seperate in this sale

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Absolutely have to get Trails of Cold Steel, Xillia 2 and Catherine. My backlog is too great already...

Link83

Noticed "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" and "Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut" are on sale, but not sure if I should get them on PS4 or Wii U. Which platform has the 'definitive' version of the games?

Thinking of picking up Arkham Knight with my €10 voucher. Should I go from the premium edition or regular? Is what's included in the season pass worth the extra €7?

Peroroncino

Pick up Yakuza 0 if you didn't already people! It's a great game, trust me, I'm totally objective. ;)

As for me, I guess I'll be picking up Dying Light: Enhanced Edition, I played it on release but never bothered with the DLCs, timing couldn't be more perfect since I'm also getting march cashback tomorrow - oh Sony, you sly bastards.

Thinking of picking up Arkham Knight with my €10 voucher. Should I go from the premium edition or regular? Is what's included in the season pass worth the extra €7?

From what I know it isn't. Think the season pass is on sale as well. So you could play for a week or 2(long sale) and then decide.

sephi22

I wanna buy the Vita games from the EU store but I use my US account as my primary account. I'm SOL right? Afaik you can only sign in as one account on Vita/PS TV so I can buy these games on the cheap but can't play them on my main profile.

Obviously not a problem for PS3/PS4. I would've bought a PS TV asap if I could :(
I really wanna play P4G

Bishop89

Don't buy any PS2 to PS4 classics from the EU PSN, most of them are 50hz and run like crap.
I've got ape escape 2, Everybody’s tennis and wild arms 3 and they run fine for me.

As a sucker for portable JRPGs is the Digimon game or tales of hearts or Ys game any good?
I'd personally go with Digimon cyber sleuth . Such a well made game

I'm interested in Killing Floor 2, but it appears to have some kind of free trial which just went live this week, so I'll give that a try first.
It's a really fun game, see how you like the trial.
Not sure how lively the community is though. I've got mine set to Australia / Oceania and struggle to find other ppl. But it's Australia so yeh.. Lol

Thud

I am thinking on buying Digimon Cyber Sleuth. What are the differences between it and Digimon World: Next Order?

Cyber Sleuth is a turn based JRPG borrowing elements from Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games. You level creatures, digivolve them in stronger creatures and continue while unfolding a mystery in cyberspace.

Next Order is call back to the old Digimon World games. It's based on raising digimon and exploring the world with.

I haven't played Next Order yet, so I don't know the specifics. Cyber Sleuth is a better bargain right now.

xrnzaaas

As for me, I guess I'll be picking up Dying Light: Enhanced Edition, I played it on release but never bothered with the DLCs, timing couldn't be more perfect since I'm also getting march cashback tomorrow - oh Sony, you sly bastards.

The Following expansion imo is the only (really) interesting additional content for Dying Light.

Lamptramp

Though I wanted it physically, I was a mosquito's pube away from grabbing Yakuza 0 until I just saw it on Zavvi for £29.99 / €38.99.

I've gone all-in on digital (mostly due to sales like these) for AAA and indie but theres nothing like physical for the somewhat more "niche" JP titles, just GR 2 and TLG to go :)

Madchad

I am on a game buying ban but i am finding it hard to convince myself not to grab Trails of Cold Steel II at that price...

tzare

Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3 or Yakuza 0??... i am more of action oriented than RPG guy and focus on main plot (if interesting)
ALso have a huge backlog so not sure if i just pass and spend the 10€ code (and a little more) on that KOF character DLC... that will soon be sicounted for sure too...

Cairnsay

Banned
What was the general consensus on the Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection? I am tempted to use my £10 voucher to pick it up for a tenner.

I remember it catching a lot of shit at time of release. Was that overblown, or has it since been fixed? Or should I still steer clear altogether?

JohnDrake

Cyber Sleuth is a turn based JRPG borrowing elements from Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games. You level creatures, digivolve them in stronger creatures and continue while unfolding a mystery in cyberspace.

Next Order is call back to the old Digimon World games. It's based on raising digimon and exploring the world with.

I haven't played Next Order yet, so I don't know the specifics. Cyber Sleuth is a better bargain right now.
I have seen a few gameplay videos and Cyber Sleuth seems to be more appealing and more fun. Reception was also way better for it. Thanks!

xrnzaaas

What was the general consensus on the Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection? I am tempted to use my £10 voucher to pick it up for a tenner.

I remember it catching a lot of shit at time of release. Was that overblown, or has it since been fixed? Or should I still steer clear altogether?

Of course it was overblown. It's far from shitty remasters like the Bioshock or Prototype collections.

As long as you don't expect it to be at level of the Uncharted Collection you should be good. It plays without issues, looks slightly better, has all the DLC's. :) The only problem is no multiplayer in Brotherhood, but for me it's actually a good thing.

Fournier

Question regarding PS4 version of DA:I. Will my saves from physical version work with GotY digital?

I think they will If your physical version is from the same region of the digital version (I know that the physical DA I Goty is just DA I with DLC voucher code).
Otherwise very unlikely.

wasnt sure where to ask this but, is it possible that buying a game through the US store got me banned from PSN? cannot log in at all for the last few weeks

oggob

Is there a full list of PS2>PS4 games on sale?

Not that many... (hope that link works, just check)

Seems to be Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, Red Faction... and that's about it

Prior to this sale, the Only On PlayStation sale had a stack on sale, Fantavision, Primal, War Of The Monsters, PaRappa, Twisted Metal:Black, Kinetca, Okage, Everybody's Tennis among others...

Ludens

Banned
Not that many... (hope that link works, just check)

Seems to be Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, Red Faction... and that's about it

Prior to this sale, the Only On PlayStation sale had a stack on sale, Fantavision, Primal, War Of The Monsters, PaRappa, Twisted Metal:Black, Kinetca, Okage, Everybody's Tennis among others...

Oh man, didn't know Primal deal was ending, I put that on my wish hoping to get it with the 10€ I should get from Sony :(
Thanks anyway for the link.

Where is the cashback you promised Sony... there's some good stuff I'm looking forward to buying. 7th April, still hasn't arrived yet...

It's a really fun game, see how you like the trial.
Not sure how lively the community is though. I've got mine set to Australia / Oceania and struggle to find other ppl. But it's Australia so yeh.. Lol

Yeah, tried the free trial tonight but I couldn't find a game. I wanted to try it, but that's not a good first impression.

Where is the cashback you promised Sony... there's some good stuff I'm looking forward to buying. 7th April, still hasn't arrived yet...

I had a notification on my dashboard tonight saying that the rollout was delayed for some people. Keep an eye out for the next few days I'd say.

jdstorm

Banned
What did everyone buy with that cashback, currently tossing up between

Metro deluxe
Assasins Creed Chronicles
EDF and a few smaller indie games.

Smasher89

Haven't got the cashback yet, but planning to get Rive which is also discounted. The Wii U nindies E3 demo was really solid (even though it had performance issues/sound glitches back then, prob the reason it got canceled on that platform).

Cashback has me thinking of DIRT Rally.

Does just cause 3 still run like shit on the OG PS4? That was always holding me back.

Afaik know yes, but on the Pro it runs better thanks to boost mode, but I don't have the game (for exactly that reason) so better wait for someone who played it recently ;)

Dirt Rally is a really good racing sim, but it's tough as nails, especially with the "shitty" old cars you can afford at the beginning of the career.

xrnzaaas

Cashback has me thinking of DIRT Rally.

Does just cause 3 still run like shit on the OG PS4? That was always holding me back.

Yes it does. Not only they didn't fix the performance, but in fact they made it worse in the latest patch (too busy with the season pass content).

Dirt Rally is an awesome game as long as you don't mind the high difficulty level. :)

Top Bottom