• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING might be pushed back to March 2022, new leaked video

TonyK

I can't believe anybody here thought it will be released this year. Same for God of War, by the way. As you can see with Resident Evil 8 or Ratchet & Clank, any major release have months and moths of promo before launch. We will be sick of seeing Elden Ring info months before release.

Cyborg

I have so many games to play Im not even thinking about this game! :) Release it whenever its ready

Josemayuste

Computer Working GIF

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Fucking Covid hey. Hehe
I think companies are also using COVID as somewhat of an excuse to lower costs by not throwing masses of contractors to finish the game in the last crunchy 6-8 months of final production. In many companies people have been more productive working from home, not less.

People will accept it as an excuse and will wait (there is tons of digital content to play)… and you get to let the team breathe more.

Last edited:

tassletine

Further the better as far as I'm concerned. The majority of their games feel unfinished and I'm frankly worried about them moving into open world territory.

SJRB

Gold Member
Further the better as far as I'm concerned. The majority of their games feel unfinished and I'm frankly worried about them moving into open world territory.
FROM soft games feel unfinished, what..?

Well yeah DS2 feels like it's cobbled together by 4 interns, I'll give you that.

SoraNoKuni

It seems they struggle a bit with that game, but that shows how much different it will be from their standard formula.

I just hope they don't cater to our impatience, I really want that game but I don't want them to rush it and have flaws due to time constraints.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
How could they push back such a generic looking game? Guess i'll have to look elsewhere for my uninspired action-rpg fix

How could they push back such a generic looking game? Guess i'll have to look elsewhere for my uninspired action-rpg fix
Yes From Software the company known for the generic uninspired games like Bloodborne that everyone is bored by because they are so generic you can’t tell them apart from any random game because you have no taste

Haggard

Banned
The further back this gets pushed the likelier we´ll get a game that doesn`t have to scale down to ps4/x1. Not that I expect a technical masterpiece from FROM, they`re not really that kind of studio.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Yes From Software the company known for the generic uninspired games like Bloodborne that everyone is bored by because they are so generic you can’t tell them apart from any random game because you have no taste
From Software makes great games like Armored Core I just want them to go back to greatness is all

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Folks, you are going to be completely blown away: IT SEEMS THAT A FINANCIAL REPORT MEANS NOTHING !! CRAZY SHIT!

TLDR; This hot take, clickbait article being spread misinterprets the statements and forecast presented in Kadokawa's yearly financial presentation.
The author conveniently leaves out of their analysis that FY21 sales of existing From titles we're abnormally boosted by COVID and that a March release for ER only puts a few weeks of Revenue on Kadokawa's books.

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Source

And use the REAL thread, not this clickbait please:

Krizalidx11 Krizalidx11 I know you want a big thread with mass click but next time play it fair, look at what was posted in the real thread (by me yes):
unknown.png

Last edited:

tassletine

Who's games feel unfinished?
From's.

I don't consider any of them to be properly finished except Bloodbourne, which has a superb pace to it.
DS1 is especially bad at the end, but almost all of From's games have empty or deleted levels in them, and mechanics that just seem discarded. That's not to say I don't love the games but the longer they take on this the better as far as I'm concerned.

tommib

From's.

I don't consider any of them to be properly finished except Bloodbourne, which has a superb pace to it.
DS1 is especially bad at the end, but almost all of From's games have empty or deleted levels in them, and mechanics that just seem discarded. That's not to say I don't love the games but the longer they take on this the better as far as I'm concerned.
Demon’s Souls and Sekiro would like a word.

I’ll give you the Dark Souls series though. They always felt more experimental and less cohesive in terms of the level design.

Not atmosphere or anything else though - they are masters of atmosphere and world building in all their titles.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

From's.

Bloodborne is the least finished out of those games so I totally see it different.

Protocol7

Let them release it when they feel it's ready, I really hope they are not going to be pressured (indirectly) by idiots flooding forums and social media asking "WHEN IS IT COMING! HURRY UP!" 24/7...

Mozzarella

Aah that sucks. After what i saw with Cyberpunk and The Last of Us and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. All i can say is that when a game is delayed, something is off. And spare me that Japanese developer quote, that is pure B.S.

tassletine

Demon’s Souls and Sekiro would like a word.

I’ll give you the Dark Souls series though. They always felt more experimental and less cohesive in terms of the level design.

Not atmosphere or anything else though - they are masters of atmosphere and world building in all their titles.
Demon souls has an entire deleted level that is represented in game by a broken archstone.

Sekiro has a few empty levels and whole bunch of repeated enemies -- Also the dragonrot mechanic which is fairly pointless and a stealth mechanic that is basic, inconsistent and very rarely used.
Personally, and this is entirely conjecture on my part, I think From beefed up the difficulty of the main bosses to give the game more character. If the boss battles were at the same difficulty level as the rest of the Souls series the game would be fairly forgettable IMO.

I agree that they are masters of art direction, atmosphere and world building in general though and I always look forward to their titles. But I am happy to wait.

tassletine

It and Demon's Souls offer way less as far as game length,enemies and items vs the Dark games.
It and Demon's Souls offer way less as far as game length,enemies and items vs the Dark games.
Oh Demon's Souls as well now?

Length or amount of weapons / enemies has nothing to do with a game being unfinished. The last 1/4 of DS is extremely empty and offers almost nothing.
You could well argue that the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne, offer an infinite trial, and there were new enemies that weren't found for months after release. Sekiro also has very few enemies and barely any weapons.

S0ULZB0URNE

Oh Demon's Souls as well now?

Length or amount of weapons / enemies has nothing to do with a game being unfinished. The last 1/4 of DS is extremely empty and offers almost nothing.
You could well argue that the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne, offer an infinite trial, and there were new enemies that weren't found for months after release. Sekiro also has very few enemies and barely any weapons.
Yes Demon's Souls is included.

The "Dark" Souls games offer the most overall especially if we include the DLC's.

truth411

I understand the hype but I don't understand any idea that the game was coming out this year. How can a game be delayed that never had a release date?
They finished Sekiro in 2019 right? Who in the world in their right mind thinks Fromsoftware will create a whole new IP and finish game development in only 2 years? Don't expect this game until 2023 at the earliest.

Top Bottom