• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Bearillusion said:
Not sure how MS won anything really with FF13. Great if you only own a 360 and want to play it no doubt but the PS3 is still getting the game and it is still exclusive in Japan were it matters the most.

Agreed.

---------------------------------------------------

Just take a long hard look at these games, everyone of them exclusive for PS3, and tell me MS has the winning line up of games coming over the next couple of years, and these are only the ones 'we' know about,

M.A.G

Ratchet and clank : Quest for Booty Bay

SIREN: Blood Curse

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Sony's message today was simple, Games Games and Games.

Oh wait, MS wins because their megaton announcement was a multi-platform game, lol :rolleyes:.

el Diablo

Banned
J2 Cool said:
ech. They were productive and out there on PS2. No reason to imagine them this generation's squaresoft.

Hmm this generations Squeenix.....would SotC and ICO on the PSP really be a bad thing? :lol

At any rate we know they're working on something but as of now it's still just a figment of our imagination. Hopefully at one of the JP shows later this year, know there's 2 at least.

Owzers

Kintaro said:
You're right. It should be an impossible battle. One you can never win. It should throw you across the city and instantly teleport to where you are Dragon Ball Z style. Or kill you instantly. In that building? It crushes it from the top on down burying you alive.

Or, you can take the stick out of your anus and just enjoy a fun fight with a big ass monster.

Running up stairs while it growls at you and does absolutely nothing, then letting it throw you is part of a fun fight? They missed the fun.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

Just take a long hard look at these games and tell me MS has the winning line up of games coming over the next couple of years, and these are only the ones 'we' know about,

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Oh wait, MS wins because their megaton announcement was a multi-platform game, lol :rolleyes:.

I love you

Can I cuddle you?

Riddick

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

Just take a long hard look at these games and tell me MS has the winning line up of games coming over the next couple of years, and these are only the ones 'we' know about,

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Dark Cloud 3 doesn't exist and Versus isn't exclusive for sure. I agree with everything else though.

Kintaro said:
You're right. It should be an impossible battle. One you can never win. It should throw you across the city and instantly teleport to where you are Dragon Ball Z style. Or kill you instantly. In that building? It crushes it from the top on down burying you alive.

Or, you can take the stick out of your anus and just enjoy a fun fight with a big ass monster.
I saw no fun to be had in that entire sequence.

Unless of course you're the kind of person that would consider a rush hour traffic jam on the way home a "fun drive"

Jonnyram

OPs aren't what they used to be. Some links to released media would be really useful. I have no idea what half the new titles in the OP look like :(

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

Just take a long hard look at these games, everyone of them exclusive for PS3, and tell me MS has the winning line up of games coming over the next couple of years, and these are only the ones 'we' know about,

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

nice

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

uncharted-pics.jpg

Ponn

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Would have been nice if more then 1/2 of those were shown or even mentioned today. Would have been even better if we got some more announced games that we haven't known about.

Last time I checked E3 was about getting the games "we don't know about" Hell, we got what, 2 sec of screen time from Ghostbusters between the MS and Sony conference. Was it even shown at the MS conference?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ponn01 said:
Would have been nice if more then 1/2 of those were shown or even mentioned today. Would have been even better if we got some more announced games that we haven't known about.

Last time I checked E3 was about getting the games "we don't know about"
Gameplay would have been kewl too. :lol

lowrider007 said:

What's a winning lineup? Are you comparing those games to the ones coming out for the 360 or something? What's the difference?

Ponn

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Gameplay would have been kewl too. :lol

Fuck, anything. I'm so sick and tired of gamers consistently lowering their standards year after year. For example the Nintendo conference, you reap what you sow fans, you reap what you sow. That goes for EVERYBODY.

Mrbob

Looks like Sony has shown a good selection of cool games. No megatons but whatever. FF13 is still coming to PS3 people, and despite amirox ranting to the contrary the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version worldwide. More gamers can play the game now, I don't see how this can be a bad thing.

If anything, bring me my one console future.

hulot

lowrider007 said:
list war bullshit

You forgot one.
The Waiting Game.

Jokes aside, lists? Is your friend Sony hurt that Microsoft bullied him? Both conferences had lots of titles. And so damage control for only 1st party titles count as making a worthwhile conference? It's absurd to dismiss MS and claim Sony 'cares about games' when it was the former that had RE5 and Fallout 3 shown, both of which are multiplatform but curiously absent in the Sony presentation. And this is E3 '08. Show games that are coming out within the year.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Ponn01 said:
Fuck, anything. I'm so sick and tired of gamers consistently lowering their standards year after year. For example the Nintendo conference, you reap what you sow fans, you reap what you sow. That goes for EVERYBODY.

word, but the thing is. some of the stuff they didn't show they are showing on the floor anyways. So it's like....why not put it in the conference. I don't get it. I don't fuckin' get it.

Ponn

Banned
Sol.. said:
word, but the thing is. some of the stuff they didn't show they are showing on the floor anyways. So it's like....why not put it in the conference. I don't get it. I don't fuckin' get it.

I've been saying that about alot of Sony decisons recently:lol :lol I am so close to turning in my Sony Jacket. DC Universe and Blu-ray movies is all thats holding me back right now.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
hulot said:
You forgot one.
The Waiting Game.

Jokes aside, lists? Is your friend Sony hurt that Microsoft bullied him? Both conferences had lots of titles. And so damage control for only 1st party titles count as making a worthwhile conference? It's absurd to dismiss MS and claim Sony 'cares about games' when it was the former that had RE5 and Fallout 3 shown, both of which are multi-platform but curiously absent in the Sony presentation. And this is E3 '08. Show games that are coming out within the year.

relax my friend, my intention isn't to create a silly list war, It's just that after the FFXIII news I wanted to fan a bit of positivity into the thread by showing (or rather remind) people that Sony still have allot to offer people in terms of exclusive games, I don't like to get caught up in these silly petty fan-boy wars, I don't believe either console is ultimately better than each other, each have their pro's and con's, it's all subjective at the end of day, I personally prefer the PS3 because I find the hardware interesting and I'm also usually a supporter of the under dog, it makes things more interesting for me, I don't think this is a war like some of you on here to seem believe, there is no reason why all three, Nintendo, Sony and MS can't co-exist happily in the market place together.

NeoUltima said:
From the frontpage of Yahoo......
2v1suq8.jpg

:eek:

"Sony's press conference rolled out a set of game trailers that had fans cheering: a new God of War game on PS3, a vast-looking massive action game named MAG, and a couple of promising superhero games: one massively-multiplayer title based on the DC superhero universe, and one futuristic, open-city game from the Sly Cooper studio. It's a great selection, and one that leaves Microsoft's roster of Gears of War 2 and Fable II looking a little tired."

Intresting article :lol

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Great post and I completely agree. Microsoft gets a Sony exclusive (a game i've never cared about personally) and it's the highlight of the show? You'd think a majority of gamers cared about the games and not which company is bettering the other. As gamers I think Sony is giving us what we want most of all.

Btw i'm new. Hi everyone.

Do we know when the new Greatest Hits prices will go into effect? I just got a PS3 and want to get Resistance as soon as possible, but I'm definitely waiting for the $29.99 price tag. Any ideas? I think the K-Mart ad might have said July 27th...Any truth to this?

i'm just amazed and how all the companies have changed.

Sony totally focused on the hardcore gamer.
MS was mixed. I really didn't like the music sections though, but I guess music games sell a lot these days.
Nintendo was 100% casual, its almost like they forgot about all their fans. I guess they don't really need them now though.

kbear

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

Dark Cloud doesn't exist. FF13 Versus is probably multi-platform and literally like 3 years away (development was put on hold or something). You're also assuming MS doesn't also have lots of unannounced games for 2009 and 2010... of course they do.

Anyway, I'll counter that list (and without the double spaces):

Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Halo: Chronicles
Bungie's two unannounced titles
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect 2
GTA4 DLC
Geometry Wars 2
Castle Crashers
Galaga
Braid
Star Ocean: The Lost Hope (timed)
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Mistwalker's games (Blue Dragon 2, Cry On, etc.)

The lists are absolutely comparable in quality. I personally prefer the 360's.

ToyMachine228 said:
Do we know when the new Greatest Hits prices will go into effect? I just got a PS3 and want to get Resistance as soon as possible, but I'm definitely waiting for the $29.99 price tag. Any ideas? I think the K-Mart ad might have said July 27th...Any truth to this?

Greatest hit prices go into effect on July 27th.

Mrbob

I love the video store.

Easy to navigate.

I might rent some movies.

Oh and they have HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER season 1 to 3 on the site which is full of win. Makes me want to buy them now instead of waiting for the DVD release in October.

kevm3

I hope they actually put up a full playthrough of an actual level in Little Big Planet. I've seen everything in snippets and small doses. I just want to see how the platforming comes together as a whole.

GTA4 DLC a game? So extra tracks on Guitar Hero would that classify as a full game aswell?

I do think the lists are comparable (looking foward to Viva Pinata 2 & Gears of War 2) but unfortunately God of War 3....there's really only 1 other game i'm looking foward to more than that (RE5) and it's multiplatform.

Xenon

forgot to ask this earlier

Why on earth would sony announce a cheaper 80GB for sept? Unless they are trying to get people to think they need to buy now to get BC on a PS3.

I had to leave for work before they showed the new PS3 stuff but reading through this thread it doesn't sound like I missed much. This is got to be the worst E3 in a long time conference wise. FFXIII betrayalton was the best part and that only because its fun to hear the meltdowns. :(

lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

And how many of these are coming out before the next E3 for certain?

quest

Not Banned from OT
lowrider007 said:
Agreed.

M.A.G

Infamous

God Of War 3

Resistance 2

Little Big Planet

Kill Zone 2

WipeoutHD

Socom

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo

Heavy Rain

Tekken 6

White Knight Chronicles

Dark Cloud 3

Versus 13

Disgaea 3

Valkyria Chronicles,

How many of those games had a live demo again? If they would of shown a live demo of 3 of those games they would of probably won E3. Instead they spent 30 minutes on the words year of the PS3 and talking about the past then spent another half hour on developers kissing sonys ass on how POWERFULL the PS3 was.

They could of cut a bunch of crap and had a few live demos of games like kill zone 2, motorstorm 2 and R2 not the scripted meh battle. The best part of sony's E3 was a live demo of LBP shocking right?

kbear said:
Dark Cloud doesn't exist. FF13 Versus is probably multi-platform and literally like 3 years away (development was put on hold or something). You're also assuming MS doesn't also have lots of unannounced games for 2009 and 2010... of course they do.

Anyway, I'll counter that list (and without the double spaces):

Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Halo: Chronicles
Bungie's two unannounced titles
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect 2
GTA4 DLC
Geometry Wars 2
Castle Crashers
Galaga
Braid
Star Ocean: The Lost Hope (timed)
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Mistwalker's games (Blue Dragon 2, Cry On, etc.)

The lists are absolutely comparable in quality. I personally prefer the 360's.

If we're counting exclusive DLC, don't forget the exclusive Fallout content, exclusive in terms of the two home consoles.

I personally prefer the 360s list, too (but don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY impressed with what Sony has in the pipeline). I don't own a 360, but in Microsoft's conference, I saw plenty of reasons to consider jumping in one of these days.

kbear

Toy Soldier said:
If we're counting exclusive DLC, don't forget the exclusive Fallout content, exclusive in terms of the two home consoles.

I personally prefer the 360s list, too (but don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY impressed with what Sony has in the pipeline). I don't own a 360, but in Microsoft's conference, I saw plenty of reasons to consider jumping in one of these days.
Yeah, the only reason I mentioned the GTA4 DLC is because of how big it's rumored to be... and the "$50 million" thing. It's probably gonna be longer than most campaigns in full-priced games (10 hours+?). It's an exception...

Top Bottom