• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Breaks my heart that Logitech wheels aren't supported, because that's the only way I'd upgrade the PS+ edition. Let's hope Sony and Logitech stop being idiots about this whole issue.

The game looks fantastic though, hopefully it plays just as well.

bryanee

Well bugger I just pre-ordered the upgrade edition and thanks to cdkeys it only cost me £29.something pence.

I'm hyped as fuckety.

nib95

Banned
Nice OT, but what's up with the all-caps, screaming game title?

e1JxwB3.png

One of the finer OT's I've seen! Well done!

Love that you dropped that cool 51 things about DriveClub article in there. Goes to show how much thought went into the project and the attention to detail Evolution paid to the overall game.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Will start with the PS+ version but will upgrade to the full version as soon as I'm able.

Definitely can't wait to see Photo Mode drop " shortly " after this launches. This game is going to blow up the internet once photo mode drops.

So, I'm sitting here and thinking I want to get a driving game this fall. So it's either this, Forza Horizon 2, or The Crew.

The Crew isn't grabbing me at all. I think that's pretty much a no.

Forza Horizon 2 looks good, but I'm hearing that people like the original more and it'd be less of a "fresh" experience because it's a sequel.

So, Driveclub. I really liked Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I realize that isn't exactly a comparable game to Driveclub, but it is the same developer.

I don't like Grand Turismo or Forza (non-Horizon) really at all.

Is Driveclub for me? is it more arcadey, more sim, or more of a hybrid between the two (like Forza Horizon)? It's not open world from what I understand, correct? It's structured through events? That's not an issue for me, just making sure I understand correctly. I guess I want a good idea of how the game plays and how it's structured.

I'd just download the PS+ version without asking these questions but that's likely a large portion of my data cap so I'd like some idea of what the game is here first if that's cool!

barit

Nice OT

Even mobile compatible :)

That's rare for a DriveClub thread with all the gifs that normally flying into your face

Turkoop

Banned
So, I'm sitting here and thinking I want to get a driving game this fall. So it's either this, Forza Horizon 2, or The Crew.

Forza Horizon 2 looks good, but I'm hearing that people like the original more and it'd be less of a "fresh" experience because it's a sequel.

So, Driveclub. I really liked Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I realize that isn't exactly a comparable game to Driveclub, but it is the same developer.

Is Driveclub for me? is it more arcadey, more sim, or more of a hybrid between the two (like Forza Horizon)? It's not open world from what I understand, correct? It's structured through events? That's not an issue for me, just making sure I understand correctly. I guess I want a good idea of how the game plays and how it's structured.

I'd just download the PS+ version without asking these questions but that's likely a large portion of my data cap so I'd like some idea of what the game is here first if that's cool!

BELIEVE THE HYPE

Great OT well done, though the subtitle needs an "eventually" on it. :)

Have the PS+ upgrade preordered, looking forward go taking it for a spin.

hydruxo

I haven't bought/played a racing game in almost 5 years. Driveclub is day one for me :)

Also, fantastic title. Well done OP.

wait.. EU and UK are treated seperately? this sucks. why do we always have to wait! :(
Preparation for separation.

I mean come on, we spend most of our days bemoaning the EU and now you wanna be on par with them lot?

But nah. They did it with TLOU Remastered too. Other games from other pubs have also been here on Friday but EU on Wednesday. I'm not sure if we've previously made EU suffer and wait until Friday or if we're getting shafted.

Would be nice if more people did worldwide releases. I guess it is all down to charts like music dates.

Kssio_Aug

I havent read anywhere this about FH2. Not saying youre lying, but really didnt. Overall impressions seems really positive.

However, if youre really with that doubt and can only choose 1, then wait the PS Plus version of DC and try the FH2 demo to take your conclusions.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This one is just showing how much Fame Points you can gather just by trying your darndest to best your lap time and climb the rankings, and also how fucking incredible the sense of speed is in this game even with lower tier car.

Getting Pacific Rift vibes zipping through those jungles.

Video
Fuck Danny_RT

Can you elaborate on the bolded parts?

Does your overall aggregate fame points actually decrease if you fuck up?

Yes, it does. If you go off course, crash into the track, or into other people it deducts about 200 points off your Fame counter on top.

nib95

Banned
Hmmm...okay, but, usually, a style guide statement is meant only for official marketing materials. OT isn't official that I know of. Anyway, just wondering why the weird decision. Looking forward to the PS+ edition.

What do you think the title of the game is?

15225830118_dc3d92f242_o.png

I havent read anywhere this about FH2. Not saying youre lying, but really didnt. Overall impressions seems really positive.

However, if youre really with that doubt and can only choose 1, then wait the PS Plus version of DC and try the FH2 demo to take your conclusions.

Oh, I've heard very positive stuff, just not quite as good as the first game. Jeff Gerstmann is one that's been saying that, for example.

Anyway, yeah I should, but like I said both of those combined are a lot of my data cap. :/

GooWop

Great OT! Game looks nutz and its a true current gen title! Never been hyped for any particular racing title, but Evolution has changed that. Body,ready.

Auctopus

Great job with the OT, Radec. Know you worked really hard to get this one done. Looks slick and can't wait for the game.

The best title won.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Watch this video!!!11

It's structured so that you're always kicking @ss!!

Get it if you liked Pacific Rift.

It's tear assing down tracks at breakneck speeds only classier and with a lot more competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom