• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Relative to you guys, probably. What did I miss? :D

EDIT: Googled it. KZ3?

It's a thing people said about all kinds of problems when Killzone 2 came out. Quickly became a meme and is now basically used for at least every Sony game. Some times you even find it being used for games beyond that.

Schryver

Driveclub's lead programmer:

d63P67y.jpg

yCaLdBC.gif

:)

NotBacon

Whoever came up with the Marussia Drift event needs to take a long look at themselves.

You literally just have to drift as far as you can at each opportunity, even if that sends you into a wall while facing backwards or something. It's the only way.

p3n

It downloads and installs them all separately, you can delete the old failed downloads. Not sure where the multiplier goes, I assume it's just an unlock in the game.

Yeah I know...I've been deleting and restarting the failed downloads almost every day since release. Everytime I add them I get the same error as before the announcement. Anyone with the same problem? I know 2 people who were able to download them but both have a retail copy and I am the only one with the PS+ digital upgrade.

Rented this game, played about 6 or so races so far....

When the bullshit AI acts like a tank and runs you off the road or forces you into a spin, do they get the "collision penalty" and slow down, or do they get to do whatever they want and drive like they're on the Autotopia track at Disneyland?

Glad I spent only 2 bucks to rent this. URG.

Putty

When the bullshit AI acts like a tank and runs you off the road or forces you into a spin, do they get the "collision penalty" and slow down, or do they get to do whatever they want and drive like they're on the Autotopia track at Disneyland?

Shame. Try TT events, the A.I is much more forgiving.

Greg

your car also acts like a tank

hit them back

Twinduct

Well Sony's long con is working. Initially wanted to get the free edition to tide me over until next month, but got a new job today so bought it as a celebration!

Any South African based clubs? :p

viveks86

New Update:

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/711588158925547

Over the next 24 hours we are rolling out a new game update alongside server upgrades that will help to improve server performance, clubs and multiplayer functionality.
We are also running essential diagnostics periodically to help us continue to improve server performance, which may disrupt online play for you when you get connected. This will be kept to a minimum.

We're glad that more of you are getting to play online but we are sorry that many players are still having a hard time getting connected. We are working around the clock to improve connectivity and will keep you informed as we continue to make progress.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25940995
Earliest instance I can find through Google.

Would it be rude if we re-appropriated those avatars and put the DC symbol where the Guerilla one is?

FTSGav0gone.gif

They're kinda similar anyway :)

By the way i'm loving the game. I'm still pootling around in Hot Hatches getting my general skills and confidence up but i've been there when SKIVECLUB went up a level or two. I think once it was a 5k addition that did it. Lol!

I really think there'll be a busy community when the online components are fully up. Private lobbies are a required addition i think and some way of setting leagues between clubs would be super welcome.

Went into this game at release with mixed feelings about the game, but I totally changed my mind after my session yesterday. My biggest frustrations were some of the more frustrating AI moments and the penalty/score systems, and after playing through some races with the HUD turned off (which is an amazing experience by itself), I really came to enjoy this game immensely.

I'm usually not bothered with stuff like penalty systems but the AI collisions and such (which I try to avoid, but sometimes they're just unavoidable), but with this game it got a bit on my nerves at times. With the HUD turned off and putting all of my attention to my driving itself without all of the side-stuff made this game a lot more enjoyable for me.

The fact that they don't even mention rolling out Challenges and Face-offs (outside of the built in ones) in that update is a bit concerning. That seems like a pretty key part of the game and they don't seem to be communicating at all how long we have to wait for those to be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom