• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Do you guys think Evolution will ever do a post-mortem on Driveclub? Would love to know more about the launch week.

EDIT: Wow , face-offs are working on multiplayer, this is so weird.
Regardless of what happened, I would really want to read a postmortem on what happened. I hope they release something publicly (as it's pretty much a stone cold lead pipe lock that it's going to happen internally).

DarkBearKnight

Neo Member
Really enjoying. Graphics are stunning.

My leaderboards don't sync... (UK)

Replays???? Hope they add them.. or are they there and I haven't unlocked.. lol

juicyb

So, if you are doing one of the cup races and finish the race but decide to restart, do the points you've accumulated disappear?

Awesome! The faceoffs are working. Im racing against friends ghosts and trying to beat the drift, corner and avg high speed scores. So much fun.

mekes

I'm just playing in short bursts until the game is working properly. I really want my time spent playing the game to sync properly with the leaderboards, and for the challenges to work as I play. In all honesty it seems like a really bad situation with the servers, if it was this bad with the retail owners, imagine what it will be like when the PS+ crowd get online. I worry it will be launch all over again, I really hope it wont.

Trying to get used to the cockpit view. Played about 6 races using it earlier and I'm starting to enjoy it. While the viewpoint is way more limited, I feel I'm racing a bit cleaner. It's easier to gauge how close you are to the car in front of you, easier to take turns by seeing when the AI starts turning/braking.

Though it can be a bit chaotic when there's a crowd of cars bumping around in front of you and you can't see the next turn. Worse yet, driving into the sun seriously hampers your view, which is cool and exciting if you're not used to the track =p

Shaneus

It's a stupid thing but you only get the RUF with the steelbook pre-order. You find the code in your shopto account section.

But yeah it's a beautiful case, inside and out.
Is that via a code in the case itself? I'm not game to unwrap it until I get it home. I also thought it may have come with more (or different-liveried) cars than the online preorder, but I'm happy to have it just to support Evo and have the sexy, sexy case.

Thankfully, my order (from Ozgameshop) came without the case being damaged at all. VERY happy!

Edit: Playing last night, I noticed the dynamic ghost loading when doing time trials last night. Holy shit, that is going to KILL me!

SHEF

It downloads and installs them all separately, you can delete the old failed downloads. Not sure where the multiplier goes, I assume it's just an unlock in the game.

How do you delete the old failed downloads? I have them stuck in my add-ons
with the new versions showing that I now have 7 when I should have 4.

Also having these old failed add-ons seems to stop you from being able to restore licenses so I'd really like to get rid of them.

Great, now DRIVECLUB has an update which fails to download, the first time I've ever seen that. They're on a roll..

Robot Pants

Sorry for not reading all of this thread in advance, but I really want to get this game.
I was kinda hoping for the PS+ version to test it out but that doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon, should I just go ahead and buy it? Like racing games a lot and this one looks gorgeous.
Is the server/online thing really bad?

You can't go out of bounds. This is the first time I've come across someone who did, AI included

In a MP race, someone side-slammed me so hard I flipped over a guard rail. Though I just landed on the other side and not down the cliff which was just feet away. Wish I had saved video of it, but I think I was too peeved at the time to consider it. :p

:lol what the hell is skfu.xxx

Nobody's going to believe single reports of some game breaking a disc drive.

He is a very known developer of the Ps3/PSP scene.

I believe that's more like a coincidence and a known bug of the Ps4 OS itself, a friend of mine had the same problem with Killzone Shadowfall earlier this year, he fixed it restoring the console to factory settings.

Apparently this does'nt fix what SKFU describes on that post, it might be due to another bug, after all we've had a lot of firmware updates the last couple of months.

JamboGT

Genuinely, I am having a tonne of fun with this game, handling s just right for the type of game and sense of speed is second to none.

Happy to recommend it but also would say if you think the server issues will bother you it is best to hold off until they are fully sorted.

Regarding out of bounds, I got flipped over a barrier by some pretty obnoxious people online.

has the polygon review change already been discussed. what a joke

I think it's perfectly fair. On two levels. First, simply because a review score should reflect the reviewer's assessment of a product's quality a possible buyer is greeted with at the present time - not what it could or will be somewhere down the line. And second, as a signal from game journalists to developers/publishers that they should get their shit together in the future. Gamers want the gaming press to be harder on developers? Well, there you have it.

Why would they? Did it change or something. I don't play COD all that much. Forgive me for not knowing.

They gave it a lower score than X1 version despite being 1080p/60 because framerates were juddery due to being higher than 60fps. all this was fixed by a patch later.

Notice than X1 version is 720p/60 vs 1080p/60

iFootball

Wow... Interesting to see Face-offs poping-up during Multiplayer races.. An extra challenge on top of each MP event, nice

Edit: No update for me yet by the way (US)

GodofWine

Signed right in, saw the club did some work, changed the club paint job AGAIN :) time to get dem starz

Edit - leaderboards are up, time to obsess over my times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom