• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
That P1.

So much fun to drive. And flicking the DRS on/off, hitting KERS etc, makes for really cool Time Trial events, finding the best spots to use everything and seeing the tiny differences in your ghost comparisons.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That P1.

So much fun to drive. And flicking the DRS on/off, hitting KERS etc, makes for really cool Time Trial events, finding the best spots to use everything and seeing the tiny differences in your ghost comparisons.

I drive it for the first time earlier, and I love it. Should I be flicking DRS on every straight? I accidentally skipped past the info screen when it popped up.

Shaneus

ibqiWVvEVsYfNt.jpg
Bahaha. Can't wait for the people paying out on DC quietly forgiving GT7 for the inevitable delays it'll get. And the praise for the Prologue edition, which will be in essence identical to the PS+ version of DC.

Thats the compensation ? Only this ?
thats weak bro..
Not compensation. It's what the preorder bonus was always going to be.

I'm not sure exactly how the fame multiplier works. Anyone know?

:/

Hope you eventually got there in the end!

So I finally got my steelbook edition today, stupid shopto delivery system. Servers down so I start a few time trials in my RUF pre-order bonus. Few races in, I pull this shit.

GlaringMagnificentBuffalo.gif
Can you see if the Steelbook pre-order bonus cars are the same as the PS+ unlock preorder? I have both (just got my steelbook today, and fuck me if it isn't the nicest looking one I've ever seen).

Bumper cam for life!
Fucking oath. I struggle to judge distances/braking landmarks etc. with any other view. Plus, it feels just like that Rendez-vous video of the dude driving around Paris.

DRIVECLUB may brick your PS4 Blu-Ray Drive?!

Driveclub is currently facing a lot of problems including a few delays, server-side problems and more. Today a friend from Hong Kong told me about a major bug which he faced due the release day of Driveclub.

Since he is PS+ subscriber, he has access to the free PS+ version of Driveclub. He added it to his download list, waiting for the next time he'd be online.

Meanwhile he also purchased the disc version of Driveclub. Full of "GREATNESS AWAITS" thoughts, he turned on his PS4 and went online.

As the Driveclub PS+ version was already in his download list, it began to download. While the game was downloading, he wanted to use his disc version and pushed it inside the PlayStation 4's Blu-Ray drive.

It seems that no one actually ever tested if a user would do that. The disc drive of my friend stopped working right away. Ejecting and inserting works fine, but the PS4 won't read any disc anymore.

We guess that this happened because the disc version and the PS+ version share the same TitleID and that having the same one mounted twice is impossible to handle for the PS4. Inserting any disc simply results in a popup, showing that the game is already inserted.

Rebooting the system or anything safe-mode like did not help. Currently his PS4 sits in a service center waiting for a solution.

I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

It was out for a very brief time in Hong Kong ,and no games dont.

Ahhh I see.

I'm erring on the coincidence side of things.

But the chain of events are rare enough then it could just be that no PS4 owner has gone through this scenario yet.

Also if true it could be because a version of the game that wasn't intended to be put up yet that messed things up.

Patch notes:

Version 1.04

- Implements several game-side Multiplayer improvements to reduce server load.
- Fixes scheduled Events from occasionally disappearing from the Event Browser in Multiplayer.
- Fixes incorrect target times/scores from appearing in Time Trial and Drift Events

gl0w

Update notes 1.04

- implement several game-side Multiplayer improvements to reduce server load.
- fixes scheduled events from occasionally dissapearing from the Event browser in Multiplayer
- fixes incorrect target times / scores from appearing in time trial and drift events

Beaten, ups sorry!

Vaga

Can you see if the Steelbook pre-order bonus cars are the same as the PS+ unlock preorder? I have both (just got my steelbook today, and fuck me if it isn't the nicest looking one I've ever seen).

It's a stupid thing but you only get the RUF with the steelbook pre-order. You find the code in your shopto account section.

But yeah it's a beautiful case, inside and out.

v1ncelis

So I was playing online until update popped on screen and I got kicked from game to update it. Error cannot download it and Im again offline. Christ Evo ...

Got all stars but the Venom Hot Lap.. ugh. This is going to be the death of me. I keep geting like less than half a second over 1:19. I just can't shred that last bit... errrgh. I'll come back to it later.

Edit: I was playing a time trial and it was saving all my Faceoff info like drifts, corners and average speed with my name on it. Does that usually happen? Or have I just been oblivious to that because I have been playing with no HUD?

Dragnet

Release Driveclub update

Secretly fuck it up server-side so nobody can download it

Haha suckers now nobody can access the servers therefore server load = zero

phew now we can actually fix shit

#CONSIPIRACIES

Kumubou

Played a bit earlier and the leaderboards seemed fully functional (if with some weird entries) and even some face-off challenges (first time I've ever seen those) and then... disconnected. Womp womp.

Played a bit earlier and the leaderboards seemed fully functional (if with some weird entries) and even some face-off challenges (first time I've ever seen those) and then... disconnected. Womp womp.

Same thing here. Started the game up about 10 minutes ago and I was connected immediately with everything but challenges seemingly working 100%, sent a message to someone about it and came back to the game to see the disconnected symbol.

Shadders

Does anyone know how long it takes for your times to be added to Leaderboards? I don't know whether my times have gotten lost or not..

Similarly, is there any point in me hammering Time Trial when my connection goes down? Will it upload my times when it reconnects?

Loudninja

Same thing here. Started the game up about 10 minutes ago and I was connected immediately with everything but challenges seemingly working 100%, sent a message to someone about it and came back to the game to see the disconnected symbol.
We are also running essential diagnostics periodically to help us continue to improve server performance, which may disrupt online play for you when you get connected. This will be kept to a minimum.

Konosuke

Do you guys think Evolution will ever do a post-mortem on Driveclub? Would love to know more about the launch week.

EDIT: Wow , face-offs are working on multiplayer, this is so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom