• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
how is this done, then? I assumed it was using the camera but there is no camera on the TV.

This guy has been working with vibration and tilt to create musical instruments to play in Dreams. I'm wondering if he's some how doing the same here with subtle vibrations as he tips the TV.

Geki-D

Banned
This guy has been working with vibration and tilt to create musical instruments to play in Dreams. I'm wondering if he's some how doing the same here with subtle vibrations as he tips the TV.
But how can the PS4 detect the TV's movements? The TV is only a video input through HDMI, not a controller input like a pad through USB or bluetooth and the PS4 is really pissy about non-approved controllers. I'm suspecting there's a DS4 taped onto the back of that TV...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
But how can the PS4 detect the TV's movements? The TV is only a video input through HDMI, not a controller input like a pad through USB or bluetooth and the PS4 is really pissy about non-approved controllers. I'm suspecting there's a DS4 taped onto the back of that TV...

He taped put a dualshock in a box attached to the back of the TV. I don't know why but I kinda wish he hadn't done this. I feel as if it's a bit of a dupe.

Geki-D

Banned
He taped put a dualshock in a box attached to the back of the TV. I don't know why but I kinda wish he hadn't done this. I feel as if it's a bit of a dupe.
Wait, he actually did that? My guess was right? Well honestly it's the only way it could work and yes, it does take away from the thing; really he's just tilting the pad, it's attached to the TV but it's still the pad that is moving. The fact that in the first video he shows a pad then puts it down in front of the TV really makes it look like he was aiming to trick people. He's all like "It's not the pad, guys. See! It's right here doing nothing!" But it totally was the (or a) pad.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Wait, he actually did that? My guess was right? Well honestly it's the only way it could work and yes, it does take away from the thing; really he's just tilting the pad, it's attached to the TV but it's still the pad that is moving. The fact that in the first video he shows a pad then puts it down in front of the TV really makes it look like he twas aiming to trick people. He's all like "It's not the pad, guys. See! It's right here doing nothing!" But it totally was the (or a) pad.

Exactly. I think he overstepped the mark here. Maybe if he'd have done this on the eve of April 1st, it would have been OK, but it's left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth if I'm being honest. What you need is a pallet cleanser! So try this:

orioto

Good Art™
Awesome looking game. If you need some props/sculps for your levels give me a shout. :messenger_peace:

Thx, i'm trying to avoid using other stuff. I keep models simple :p

You never told me you were on GAF! Small world ... speaking of which, when is your small world going to be made public? :)

As i told you there will be a demo sometimes, when at least the system is in place, map, points etc.. As splash screen etc.. There is a lot to do.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
As i told you there will be a demo sometimes, when at least the system is in place, map, points etc.. As splash screen etc.. There is a lot to do.

giphy.gif

this game is more than 7 years in the making, i don't think the PS4 can deliver the full creative capacity of this game, i will not be surprise to see it coming to PS5, they need to focus on tools, how to make it easier for people to create or this project gonna crash & burn.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Lol, I'm actually watching all the Mr. Bean from episode 1 to 18 right now. Haven't done so in about 20 years. Trying to see if there are any episodes I missed when it was on TV back in the day. The show has aged incredibly well IMO.
It was a really great show indeed, but over time (where I grew up we only ever received Mr Bean) I learned to appreciate shows like The Thin Blu Line and most of all Blackadder as a notch above it.

DanielsM

Banned
this game is more than 7 years in the making, i don't think the PS4 can deliver the full creative capacity of this game, i will not be surprise to see it coming to PS5, they need to focus on tools, how to make it easier for people to create or this project gonna crash & burn.

I played around for a bit during the beta, some stuff is okay, the tools are pretty cool but just lost interest real quick trying to create stuff with the DS4. If the tools and environment were available on PC than I would give it another go. As it stands I think this one has an uphill battle.

Psykodad

Banned
I played around for a bit during the beta, some stuff is okay, the tools are pretty cool but just lost interest real quick trying to create stuff with the DS4. If the tools and environment were available on PC than I would give it another go. As it stands I think this one has an uphill battle.
Why? Controls are actually relatively easy to use.
Moves for sculpting, DS4 for everything else.

Hey if any of you are survival horror fans and have dreams I could use some help on my project. Needing some logic people and animators.

Geki-D

Banned
Has anyone ever made a Street Fighter style, 1 Vs. 1 fighter in Dreams? Don't think I've ever seen one yet.

Psykodad

Banned
Has anyone ever made a Street Fighter style, 1 Vs. 1 fighter in Dreams? Don't think I've ever seen one yet.
I was working on a skeleton puppet for a 1v1 fighter, but I'm terrible at logic. lol

This is what I got, but I've put all my creations on hold for now:

Well, the dodge-roll probably doesn't suit a 1v1 beat em up, but that can easily be taken out.

Also, I added a fighting stance, so you can only use attacks while. in that stance.
And more attack than that, high punches, low punches, elbows, high kicks, mid-range kicks, low kicks.
Even had a clinch-modus with it's own attacks, but that's when I got a bit confused by all the logic. lol
I might have some footage of it somewhere, the video I posted was from an earlier build.

Might pick it up again at some point.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I was working on a skeleton puppet for a 1v1 fighter, but I'm terrible at logic. lol

This is what I got, but I've put all my creations on hold for now:

Well, the dodge-roll probably doesn't suit a 1v1 beat em up, but that can easily be taken out.

That's really cool. I can imagine that working in a 1v1 game.

Psykodad

Banned
That's really cool. I can imagine that working in a 1v1 game.
I'm currently part of this project that takes up all my time, otherwise I probably would've finished that puppet by now.

I think that once I pick it up, I can do a far better job with all the stuff I've been learning the past few weeks and upcoming months.

But maybe someone else will have done something by then.
Or maybe I can work on it on the side if I have spare time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom