• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

CJY

Banned
I also never knew how you'd move a character around using two Move controllers without analog sticks.

It turns out you use the second Move controller by holding the trigger and tilting, like a virtual joystick. Works really well actually.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Your channel on Dreams? I will take a look, sure.

I'm using the move controllers... all I can say is: wow... they are so stable. During the introduction though, after you possess the cone, and then use the watering can... I couldn't progress up the beanstalk after that. I have to restart.

You should be using the Dualshock for everything but creation ;)

Vawn

Banned
Shame this only seems to have a small cult following and largely forgotten by the masses. It was to be expected, I guess.

Psykodad

Banned
Shame this only seems to have a small cult following and largely forgotten by the masses. It was to be expected, I guess.
Since this is Early Access for the Creator tools, it isn't really meant for the masses just yet.

Not to mention that this week has been the very first time that I've seen Sony actually try to sell Dreams Early Access to the consumer with their latest trailer.

Grinchy

Banned
I was really loving the creator during the beta, but I just don't have the time for it now that it's in Early Access.

I hope the day comes when I can dive deep into this game again.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Since this is Early Access for the Creator tools, it isn't really meant for the masses just yet.

Not to mention that this week has been the very first time that I've seen Sony actually try to sell Dreams Early Access to the consumer with their latest trailer.

Yeah, it's meant for the masses too. The only reason MM would have promoted it as a 'creative EA' is to guarantee plenty of content. That content is meant for the masses.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You don't have to ask me if you can send me something to look over. Just send me it and I'll take a look. I'm honest though, so bare that in mind. :)

Psykodad

Banned
Yeah, it's meant for the masses too. The only reason MM would have promoted it as a 'creative EA' is to guarantee plenty of content. That content is meant for the masses.
Except it doesn't make sense to put a limit on availability if it were meant for the masses.
Initially, anyway.

But it doesn't really matter. It's good to see MM and Sony starting to market Dreams, because the game deserves all the exposure and attention.
I feel MM is growing more confident by the day, especially seeing how creations by the community are raising the bar at a surprisingly rapud rate.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Except it doesn't make sense to put a limit on availability if it were meant for the masses.
Initially, anyway.

But it doesn't really matter. It's good to see MM and Sony starting to market Dreams, because the game deserves all the exposure and attention.
I feel MM is growing more confident by the day, especially seeing how creations by the community are raising the bar at a surprisingly rapud rate.

It does. It creates the idea that EA is just for creators ... as proven by yourself :) Meanwhile, those of us who only ever play creations know otherwise. MM just want to make sure there are thousands of creations for launch. They're not launching a development tool here, they're launching a service. I've been trying to explain this for nearly two years now.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Made by John Beech:

D-LfECWUcAArP_o.jpg:large

D-LnNloUcAEU4G-.jpg:large

D8IWjZhWwAEVQQA.jpg:large

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
It does. It creates the idea that EA is just for creators ... as proven by yourself :) Meanwhile, those of us who only ever play creations know otherwise. MM just want to make sure there are thousands of creations for launch. They're not launching a development tool here, they're launching a service. I've been trying to explain this for nearly two years now.
Oh but that's what I've been saying too. Matter of interpretation then. lol.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Initially, anyway.

Dreams will likely be a PS5 launch game.

The point of early access testing and creations is so when PS5 launches, Dreams will be ready to go with tons of users created downloads. What sets recent console launches apart isnt third party games since they are basically all the same up-ports. Or first party games are often few.

It's swaths of lower budget games and indie games which don't have the resources for multi-console launches, or partner up with Sony or MS. Sony was plugging Resogun like it's AAA game. Dreams is one of those games that can excite gamers with unique content and art.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I will most likely buy this (might wait for the PS5 version, though).

Been following the development all this gen, it seems it has tremendous potential in the right hands

I’m just still unsure if you can simply import your own songs in your creations instead of making them in-game with their engine

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I will most likely buy this (might wait for the PS5 version, though).

Been following the development all this gen, it seems it has tremendous potential in the right hands

I’m just still unsure if you can simply import your own songs in your creations instead of making them in-game with their engine

Why wait for the PS5 version? There won't be one. :) BC. As far as 'potential' is concerned, we're well beyond that word now. It's shown that potential hundreds of times. And, yeah, you can import your own songs into Dreams.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Why wait for the PS5 version? There won't be one. :) BC. As far as 'potential' is concerned, we're well beyond that word now. It's shown that potential hundreds of times. And, yeah, you can import your own songs into Dreams.

Oh yeah. I still want to see how the whole BC is gonna work, though. So we’ll see if Dreams gets released before the full PS5 reveal

I said potential in the right hands. Because even a ferrari in the hands of a blind person isn’t gonna do much in the end (unless you’re Al Pacino)

Oh it’s been confirmed about being able to import you own songs?
Most videos I’ve seen for the music in Dreams where mostly people showing how the in-game engine works for making songs by sloooooooowwwwly recording some examples

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oh yeah. I still want to see how the whole BC is gonna work, though. So we’ll see if Dreams gets released before the full PS5 reveal

I said potential in the right hands. Because even a ferrari in the hands of a blind person isn’t gonna do much in the end (unless you’re Al Pacino)

Oh it’s been confirmed about being able to import you own songs?
Most videos I’ve seen for the music in Dreams where mostly people showing how the in-game engine works for making songs by sloooooooowwwwly recording some examples

Potential isn't a word you can use with Dreams any more. It's beyond potential and now it's showing what that potential was. MM removed the uploading sounds directly into Dreams because of a technical issue but they're soon adding it back in.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Great read. So it looks like every time MM re-creates the tools package, they've had to completely redo the single player "Game\Content" portion of it to keep things consistent. And that's why it's taking so long for the "real" game to release.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Great read. So it looks like every time MM re-creates the tools package, they've had to completely redo the single player "Game\Content" portion of it to keep things consistent. And that's why it's taking so long for the "real" game to release.

Yes. They have only really had as long as we have to work on the campaign.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Simply INSANE! But I'm happy I understand now. And the newest build of the engine finally allows network multi-player

I tried explaining this on 'another' forum ages ago. People complained that MM have had this long and yet only produced a 2 - 3 hour campaign. Every time they've changed the engine or the build, they've had to remake the campaign levels. As an example I pointed out that in one of the streams John went to grab a character to use but he couldn't because it was from an older build. Still crickets and complaints ... I gave up.

Top Bottom